• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Does anyone bother even doing the Weekly Crucible bounties anymore? It's always a damn ghost shell. Light level 317 at bounty turn in get a 298 Ghost....why?

I think the highest ghost I've ever gotten is a 306. 2/3 rewards a week are usually a useless shell.

I've only ever gotten strange coins or 3 of coins since it became a thing you could do.

I don't believe I've ever actually gotten an real item, and not a currency, from this bounty.

Liamc723

Does anyone bother even doing the Weekly Crucible bounties anymore? It's always a damn ghost shell. Light level 317 at bounty turn in get a 298 Ghost....why?

I think the highest ghost I've ever gotten is a 306. 2/3 rewards a week are usually a useless shell.

I do them purely because it's something to do, and the rep.

I'm pretty happy when I get 20 strange coins as a reward though.

stay gold

I wonder how many are going to jump to the Division when it comes out. Still haven't decided if I will get it yet.

I've pre-ordered it to get the beta code. I'll give it a try but I think being sci-fi contributes a lot to my love of Destiny so im not sure it'll translate.

Yoooo. Imma grab my nami and go to the middle of New York and find all the steamy loot that the military left behind. Nami will wear the loot on his back and I will defend him from you vultures. We will be at the top of the loot game! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I swear I am only a vulture half of the time....That said I imagine people that live in New York will have a bit of an advantage.

I've pre-ordered it to get the beta code. I'll give it a try but I think being sci-fi contributes a lot to my love of Destiny so im not sure it'll translate.

The beta is only for xbox, right?

Spoo

Ah, perfect! I'll start a list.
Anyone would like to join us on CE HM? I'm trying to get the Crux of Crota and would like to learn the sword mechanics too.

It might be hard to get people together for this since it's an older raid -- I have a few regulars I play with I can invite, if you're okay with that.

Yoooo. Imma grab my nami and go to the middle of New York and find all the steamy loot that the military left behind. Nami will wear the loot on his back and I will defend him from you vultures. We will be at the top of the loot game! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nami dont play with todd please

He doesn't deserve to be backstabbed, look at this naiveness.

Namikaze1

We will be the loot kings of New York! Zehahahahahaha.

Nami dont play with todd please

He doesn't deserve to be backstabbed, look at this naiveness.
Like I would backstab the captain.

First he must save me from this marriage though...

The one I did last week gave me a 310 SUROS Regime. Not too bad, as it helped me infuse my Hakkon's Hatchet to 310.

WeTeHa

Yeah, absolutely! If you guys can play in the next hour I'm in!

Depending on when you start, I can join as well.
The sooner, the better. I'll give it about 20 minutes and if we haven't started by then I'm off.
If you can't do it tonight I wouldn't mind doing it tomorrow. (I need that hard raid trophy :p)

Kadey I'll pop in for 1.

I started the Witcher 3. I forgot how much I loathe all the preparation systems in that game. I put it on the easiest level and I've been B-Lining the story. I'm pretty meh on it at the momemnt. I'll give it a bit more later this week. I played 2 twice. I might just be all Witchered out.

Edit: You're full Kadey. I'll try and jump in for another.

SpecX

Honest question, I'm at LL 312 and haven't done Oryx yet. Is this level high enough for HM and are any groups willing to take on a noob through HM? I ask because I originally planned to go through it with Hawkian, but won't be able to make the raid and want to try and go through it without having to wait weeks again for his intro to come around.

WipedOut

Honest question, I'm at LL 312 and haven't done Oryx yet. Is this level high enough for HM and are any groups willing to take on a noob through HM? I ask because I originally planned to go through it with Hawkian, but won't be able to make the raid and want to try and go through it without having to wait weeks again for his intro to come around.
Yes, I did HM as a 308, entirely doable

todd360

We will be the loot kings of New York! Zehahahahahaha.

Like I would backstab the captain.

First he must save me from this marriage though...

We will have to change our avatars and act like we aren't destiny deserters in the division OT. Our cover story is we are new to neogaf and we are hyped for the division. We are new to third person shooters and we are peasants who just now switched from last gen to new gen. No one will know. We will successfully infiltrate the thread and be the founding members of the division gaming community.

I started the Witcher 3. I forgot how much I loathe all the preparation systems in that game. I put it on the easiest level and I've been B-Lining the story. I'm pretty meh on it at the momemnt. I'll give it a bit more later this week. I played 2 twice. I might just be all Witchered out.

Play on Death March and take your time.

Namikaze1

Kadey I'll pop in for 1.

Edit: You're full Kadey. I'll try and jump in for another.
I tried to get back to it recently. Started up the game and loaded an old file.

Then I got into combat with some wolves and got reminded why I didn't return after I had beat the game.

Just don't like the combat in the game.

Play on Death March and take your time.

Nah. The systems and combat aren't that good. Making it more difficult won't make me like it anymore.

I tried to get back to it recently. Started up the game and loaded an old file.

Then I got into combat with some wolves and got reminded why I didn't return after I had beat the game.

Just don't like the combat in the game.

Yeah. It just doesn't control well.

Everyone says the story is good so that's what I'm playing it for.

My last NF gave me a ghost shell. Woo Destiny.

deviant1

Finally hit LL 310 and decrypt 2 Exotic engrams only to receive 2 290 items (and dupes on top of that).

The RNG in this game is so god damn frustrating, it almost seems like it's intent is to give me the same gear 90% of the time. Got a Heavy Exotic Engram? Here have another Thunderlord. I just know you wanted your fourth set of Peregrine Greaves in a row from that Boot Exotic Engram right? Special Legendary Engram? I heard you don't get enough useless 275 light Jabberhakke sidearms so here have yet another.

It's been over a month since I got a Legendary weapon worth keeping.

Namikaze1

We will have to change our avatars and act like we aren't destiny deserters in the division OT. Our cover story is we are new to neogaf and we are hyped for the division. We are new to third person shooters and we are peasants who just now switched from last gen to new gen. No one will know. We will successfully infiltrate the thread and be the founding members of the division gaming community.
Way ahead of you, captain! :p

Namikaze1

Bandana over my avatar Nami, plz. We'll be Divisioning day 0 get hyped.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dat-ass-epic-smiley.png

nyFx5Sy.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
Destiny OT 39: The Unofficial Division Hype Thread
Sad, but true. I mean, look at this!

If the co-op, "RPG elements" and "end game content" is what I'm hoping it'll be, this will be a late addition to the list of games I'm buying for 2016. Honestly, it'd been off my radar until the new trailer dropped this week and then I remembered it existed.

OT39: Taking All the Ds
Wrap it up guys, we're done here.

I haven't played this since a day before Halo 5 Guardians came out. Has anything happened besides the scooter racing thing?

I expected to be pulled back into this game at some point but from the outside it looks like nothing new is going on.

You all aren't still doing Oryx over and over are you?

Pull me back in GAF!

vctor182

Finally hit LL 310 and decrypt 2 Exotic engrams only to receive 2 290 items (and dupes on top of that).

The RNG in this game is so god damn frustrating, it almost seems like it's intent is to give me the same gear 90% of the time. Got a Heavy Exotic Engram? Here have another Thunderlord. I just know you wanted your fourth set of Peregrine Greaves in a row from that Boot Exotic Engram right? Special Legendary Engram? I heard you don't get enough useless 275 light Jabberhakke sidearms so here have yet another.

It's been over a month since I got a Legendary weapon worth keeping.

You need to be 311 or above to decrypt 310 weapons/armor

Got Darkblade to 20% health and exploding thrall killed me. So close to solo NF.

If you don't mind cheese, there are crytals on the spirish things around the circle in the room you fight the darkblade. If you get up on the crystal it bugs out the AI and basically the dark blade stands still.

I haven't played this since a day before Halo 5 Guardians came out. Has anything happened besides the scooter racing thing?

I expected to be pulled back into this game at some point but from the outside it looks like nothing new is going on.

You all aren't still doing Oryx over and over are you?

Pull me back in GAF!

<.<

>.>

umm.... NOOooo... umm... not at all...

The Division does seem promising, but I'm super skeptical based on all of the delays and a lack of news. I signed up for the beta, so hopefully that gives me a better idea as to if it will be something I like or not.

I just wish Bungie would give us something to talk about for their game. I much preferred year one where we had a solid road map, so even when we ran out of content there was still something in sight to speculate about and prepare for. They are in a weird spot with Destiny 2 likely coming this fall, but they should at least tell us definitive plans about the rest of the year for Destiny as we know it. Tell us what this event is this spring, and when the rest of the exotics will be available. Finally make VoG, CE, and Skolas (just Skolas, not the whole lvl35 PoE junk) relevant at our current light levels and reward leveled gear and weapons from those activities (sans elemental damage to assuage the misplaced fears that elemental damage will reduce player choice)

Top Bottom