• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Division is Ubisoft.

Remember Watch Dogs?

Yeah I'm not going to get hyped about it...every article about Division says the lack of news is disturbing.

It's two different development studios though. Massive entertainment vs Ubisoft Montreal. I'm playing the beta before i make any judgment.

Horohoro

Anyone need a 6th? I've gotten the challenge on all characters but I need to finish oryx on a titan and do the whole raid (or at least from totems on my hunter...

It's two different development studios though. Massive entertainment vs Ubisoft Montreal. I'm playing the beta before i make any judgment.

My worry is that we'll wind up with an either or situation.

Destiny has the best gameplay hands down. Amazing lore & art.

And with Division we'll get a great RPG & progression.

My worry is that we'll wind up with an either or situation.

Destiny has the best gameplay hands down. Amazing lore & art.

And with Division we'll get a great RPG & progression.

I'll take RPG and progression any day tbh. Yes the lore of Destiny is great but the gameplay is stale as hell right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WipedOut, are you around? I'm not certain if Pandora is available to help anymore.
I've pre-ordered it to get the beta code. I'll give it a try but I think being sci-fi contributes a lot to my love of Destiny so im not sure it'll translate.
This is very cogent. Absolutely nothing about The Division's premise or setting appeals to me in any way, whereas the universe of Destiny is fascinating to me regardless of its poor narrative. The Division would have to excel mechanically in a dramatic way that I'm not certain it will, in order to hold my interest for long. Crucially, even an absolutely stellar narrative/plot won't do the trick alone (I'd happily play through said story once and never touch the game again).

There's also the issue of platform in that I'd certainly want to get it on PC, and I don't foresee a community of nearly the width and depth of this one forming around it as a whole, let alone when limiting to the PC gaming crowd.

While I'm sanguine, I do wish it were a more personally exciting release- because despite the pages and pages of suggestions and "shoulds" we've spent on Destiny, what it really needs most of all is direct competition.
anybody need help with anything?
I may need help with a newbie King's Fall raid if you have interest in that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie Raiders... I apologize for the delay, which is due to the fact that my AV receiver appears to have been fried and is not outputting any video. Incredibly, this is the second time this has happened to me within the last 7 months. Spyder generously donated a receiver to me after the first one blew and now I guess it has followed... I really don't even know. The odds on this have to be pretty bad.

I am attempting to move my PS4 setup into my home office now so that I can still run the raid, please stand by

Newbie Raiders... I apologize for the delay, which is due to the fact that my AV receiver appears to have been fried and is not outputting any video. Incredibly, this is the second time this has happened to me within the last 7 months. Spyder generously donated a receiver to me after the first one blew and now I guess it has followed... I really don't even know. The odds on this have to be pretty bad.

I am attempting to move my PS4 setup into my home office now so that I can still run the raid, please stand by

No problem. Trying to defeat Balwur with some random folks that aren't much help

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pandora, WipedOut is not online, are you available?

Or is anyone else that is willing to help with a newbie raid?

Jafku

Aww yeah! Nightfall delivered for once and gave me Super Good Advice. Now I'm only missing No Land Beyond. Thanks Nico for running with me. Sorry I was not at my best

Man, it feels pretty good when someone gets a "Salvage sucks" thread to the front page of reddit, and tons of the replys are links to my Salvage thread from 2 months ago about how to actually play the mode.

Yup watched that a while ago, honestly was not impressed and we know how ubi games actually perform in the end.

Also this comment was gold:

This will be the new Watch Dogs. Big Hype, and after three Weeks of the Release it gets quiet and nobody will talk about it anymore. Hey, why don't you Guys fix Rainbow Six Siege first before you throw out another shitty unfinished and graphically downgraded 60 Dollar Game with an extra Season Pass and Microtransactions? I can't even join a Squad and play with my Friends. My God this Industry is fucked!

Top Bottom