• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Feorax

Was 27 when I first completed the vault. Remember getting VoC and the chest for my Warlock, and thinking that it was well worth the effort we put in to get it done.

God I miss that. Having both the Vault and Crota to get done in a week was fantastic too.

Manp

My first ever Raid clear in Destiny - I was THE WORST!

Uhv7CTZ.png

L.O.V.E. the Vault - never been matched.

lol, Seeppy was there! :D

Namikaze1

is that even good though?
Well it reduces Blink cooldown and increases travel distance.

But who knows. Just want Bungie to add the rest of the missing exotics to the game already.

Not including any year 1 exotics getting the year 2 treatment, we are missing:

1 helmet (Astrocyte Verse)
3 leg armor (Transversive Steps, Fr0st-EE5, Dunemarchers)
3 gauntlet (Shinobu's Vow, Ophidian Aspect, Thagonmizers)

Forgot one more gauntlet.

is that even good though?

Even if it's trash, it has looked SO DOPE, in every trailer they've shown.

I play the Destiny Fashion game.

Also, who's to say they don't add more exotics later on this year? Or heck, save the engrams for Y3. I save all my exotic engrams now that I have everything.

Edit: Nami, I was like, "Who is this green dude avatar up in here?" lol

Namikaze1

Even if it's trash, it has looked SO DOPE, in every trailer they've shown.

I play the Destiny Fashion game.

Also, who's to say they don't add more exotics later on this year? Or heck, save the engrams for Y3. I save all my exotic engrams now that I have everything.

Edit: Nami, I was like, "Who is this green dude avatar up in here?" lol
The captain told me to get a disguise for Division.

Also, trials later?

WipedOut

Going to orbit or logging in and out of Destiny seems to help some people. Can't believe they didn't fix this from last time, or they didn't move Xur either. Lol
Yeah, went to orbit and came back down, door was open. Bought helmet engram, finally have Helm of Saint-14!

Namikaze1

Omg just got the postmaster bug. Titan always has green diamond above postmaster but nothing there.... How do I fix it??
There's nothing you can do, Deku. Nothing. That green diamond will forever taunt you every time you visit the tower. You think something's waiting for you but nothing is.

I've been stuck with that bug for over three weeks now. It's so damn annoying.

There's one thing you can do but I wouldn't recommend it. It involves making a new Titan.

Deku Tree

There's nothing you can do, Deku. Nothing. That green diamond will forever taunt you every time you visit the tower. You think something's waiting for you but nothing is.

There's one thing you can do but I wouldn't recommend it. It involves making a new Titan.

What if I don't pick things up, and they go to my postmaster, and then I pick them up? Will that remove the diamond?

Number45

On a positive note, if your titan isn't an awoken female you now have a chance to resolve that issue.

The ram is really good for PvP since it makes you a lot stronger, but if you use the Stormcaller I suggest getting the Apotheosis Veil, it almost doubles the time you can use it and truly wreak havok on the Crucible and PvE. Or Obsidian Mind if you run te void class. And Light Beyond Nemesis for Osiris.
Apotheosis Veil does not activate transcendence if your grenade and meele aren't already charged before activating the super.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...potheosis_veil_exotic_perk_does_not_activate/

E92 M3

Well ifi can't get rid of the diamond then I might as well fill up my postmaster as I'm already getting quite full.

I've been using my postmaster as extra storage for over a month now. Lost a 310 Thunderlord, but doesn't really matter since I would have never used it lol.

Deku Tree

I've been using my postmaster as extra storage for over a month now. Lost a 310 Thunderlord, but doesn't really matter since I would have never used it lol.

I would probably only leave legendaries in my postmaster, or legendary engrams.

Now I have 200 legendary marks and I don't feel like spending them on anything.

E92 M3

I would probably only leave legendaries in my postmaster, or legendary engrams.

Now I have 200 legendary marks and I don't feel like spending them on anything.

Thanks to kiosks, exotics aren't worth holding on to now that I will not be using and it frees up space for other things. It feels wrong to not save exotics, but year 2 has made me comfortable with kiosks. Infusion fuel takes priority, because who knows what will happen in the future.

I'd like Bungie to add the feature of dismantle and decrypt (how cool would it be to decrypt engrams from postmaster instead of running back and forth?) from postmaster.

Deku Tree

Thanks to kiosks, exotics aren't worth holding on to now that I will not be using and it frees up space for other things. It feels wrong to not save exotics, but year 2 has made me comfortable with kiosks. Infusion fuel takes priority, because who knows what will happen in the future.

I would have taken out of the kiosk and dismantled it and put it into my large exotic shard pile.

nOoblet16

Guys I haven't posted here since ages, but I wanna share this with all.
I have officially been accepted for a PhD study in Deep Reinforcement Learning and Robotics today ! I won't get deported and I won't be forced to leave my GF anymore.

GlamFM

Banned
I have officially been accepted for a PhD study in Deep Reinforcement Learning and Robotics today ! I won't get deported and I won't be forced to leave my GF anymore.

BOOM!

Congrats!

E92 M3

I would have taken out of the kiosk and dismantled it and put it into my large exotic shard pile.

I already have over 100 and seldom use them anymore lol.

Congrats, we all know it was a long and arduous road.

deviant1

Hawkian said:
Great newbie raid, so glad we got him down! Thanks very much to Macello, WipedOut, Pandora, Azolith and lostsupper for helping out or volunteering to, we barely had to wait to fill the spots.

And thanks to everyone who actually tuned in on Twitch, I'm surprised it's still interesting at all to watch but it is awesome to see :)

Thanks again for running a fun raid and to all of those who participated and filled in to help us finish it up.

I wound up getting an exotic boot and heavy engram using 3oC throughout the raid. So help me god if they decrypt to another Thunderlord and Peregrine Greaves ... the salt that will flow!

FYI - Xur has been moved to the Tower (again). Right side hangar.

Kinda sad that they can't get this right still. They should just leave that room open all the time to avoid this in the future.

Congrats bro, I hope you have even more success in the upcoming years!

E92 M3

Thanks guys. This is fantastic timing actually since my birthday is next week.

And there is just as long and even more arduous road ahead now lol

Yes, but this road has a foundation that is inherently more stable ;)

I have a lot too. You can never have enough though. Even if they are useless for Destiny 2, Bungie will still let you turn them in for rep or something lol.

Trust me, I know. Ultimate hoard master here lol, but lately I've been playing Destiny in a very lazy fashion (which gives me time for other games).

Congrats to hear that! We should play some more destiny r6 sometimes soon again.

Lnkn52

Gamespot
#TheDivision is more like Destiny than you might think.

The Division is not an MMO. Its realistic recreation of midtown Manhattan will not be populated by human players throughout like, say, DayZ; rather, you'll only find large groups of random players in Destiny-style social hub areas that occupy small, specific pockets of the world map. For the majority of the game, you'll simply partner with up to three co-op buddies and battle AI enemies across a series of discrete, story-driven missions.

The loot system is equally robust, with nearly a dozen individually upgradable pieces of gear like backpacks and body armor, plus a huge selection of weapon mods so you can turn any firearm into your own custom killing machine. You can break down gear into base components in order to craft new items, purchase uncommon gear from vendors, and, of course, collect loot off fallen enemies out in the world. Thankfully, all players get unique random loot drops that only appears in their own game, meaning you never have to worry about your friend grabbing all the best stuff.

As suspected, the closed multiplayer beta for The Division will begin later this month, Ubisoft announced today. Xbox One players will get the first stab at it when the beta goes live on Microsoft's console on January 28. The beta will then be made available on PS4 and PC starting on January 29.

Division Gameplay -15 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZNlyG2uW0E

Eurogamer has a preview of the Division. Here is every mention of Destiny in it:

There's certainly more than a slight tang of Destiny in The Division's alchemy of head shots and hit points, and the success of Bungie's shooter has probably helped sell the central idea behind The Division more efficiently than any of Ubisoft's own marketing efforts.

To compare The Division to Destiny makes for an easy enough shorthand, though quite often it's not really a fair match-up for either game. The open world that Ubisoft Massive has crafted, a 1:1 model of Manhattan, is more compelling and more expansive than the many planets of Destiny combined.

It takes time to sink its teeth into you, though, and there's no escaping the watery feel of The Division's shooting - a problem that doesn't trouble Destiny and its tactile gunplay. The more grounded fantasy also makes for more mundane loot, and unlocking a new variant of kneepad can't quite capture the imagination in the same way

The Division is much more explicit with its RPG tendencies than Destiny dare be, and the Clancy universe - with all its gadgets - makes for a tech tree that glistens like a Christmas fir. You're able to respec your skills at any point, the two active slots being used to switch between wonderful toys like seeker mines, support stations and explosive RC drones that scuttle towards enemy lines. Move closer to The Division's current level cap of 30 and the combat runs satisfyingly deep and tactical as you and your team take on support and aggro roles, juggling the buffs and debuffs that are tossed into the third person shooting.

With Destiny in something of a lull as Bungie prepares its shooter for a sizeable overhaul later this year, there's a fresh appetite for this connected brand of looting and shooting, and The Division looks like it'll have what it takes to satisfy them, for a short while at least.​

About what I'm expecting. More indepth RPG mechanics and builds, watery shooting. Also a full next gen game, instead of one hamstrung by last gen, so bigger, more immersive world.

Something encouraging I just thought of. Taken King on the whole was a massive step up from Vanilla & most of Year 1. It has significant problems, but so much was improved.

They did this while they were making two smaller DLCs. Whatever Bungie is putting out this fall, they'll have had a whole year with nothing to distract them. Big things could happen.

Deku Tree

I also had this it was driving me insane.

Crazy bug like how on earth does it link a ship to the postmaster. fucking hell.

Bungie pls

Gamespot
#TheDivision is more like Destiny than you might think.

As suspected, the closed multiplayer beta for The Division will begin later this month, Ubisoft announced today. Xbox One players will get the first stab at it when the beta goes live on Microsoft's console on January 28. The beta will then be made available on PS4 and PC starting on January 29.

Division Gameplay -15 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZNlyG2uW0E

Ok I just fake pre-ordered the division from Amazon and got guaranteed Division beta access. I am not optimistic.

Top Bottom