• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

They are really picking some terrible Trials maps. I'd prefer some of the year one trials maps like Cauldron or Pantheon over junk like Memento or Blind Watch.

Spawn sniping where the staircase is... There is limited paths you can take on on Blind Watch. It's actually garbage.

you can actually have three snipes on every potential lane entrance...the automatic door from heavy side, the jump up spot, and staircase...

might skip it. not trying to get stressed .

you can actually have three snipes on every potential lane entrance...the automatic door from heavy side, the jump up spot, and staircase...

might skip it. not trying to get stressed .
Yeah, it's a horrible map. If people don't want to go against that, then they can camp in their spawn and C? flag has a lot of places where you can "hide"

I have a Warlock that I rarely play, but last night I decided to run a few Crucible matches with her. I've been using Voidwalker, but felt that I should switch over to Sunsinger, but the struggle is real. I played the first two matches without a grenade or double jump.

On top of that, I had a guy teabag me after he lost a match by quite a bit. Stay classy.

Why don't you play tournaments Kraftyy? "It's just not my thing man. Also Fuck getting spammed with thorn, that shit sucks."

Yeah he doesn't like sweats, he'd rather carry people. A bit of a shame because i wanted to see him in a well coordinated team in a tournament. Would be cool.

spyder_ur

If anything it kinda shows how hated most of the maps in the game are.

I guess. I dislike almost all of the TTK maps - nothing but tight areas and sniper lanes. But I like a bunch of the older ones that still come around - Black Shield, Shores, Rusted Lands, Burning Shrine, Widows Court, etc.

I don't think Blind Watch is a bad map at all but it's the best argument for switching spawns every round.

Blind Watch will always remind me of the days in Destiny when Snipers used to be able to shoot through smaller walls.

I remember having so much fun pulling that shit off way back when.

Blind Watch will always remind me of the days in Destiny when Snipers used to be able to shoot through smaller walls.

I remember having so much fun pulling that shit off way back when.

Armour piercing was so good! Remember using my ldr with armour piercing to shoot the sword bearer whenever he went into hiding

Where does the flag spawn?
No idea. Never played an overtime match on it.
well thorn should be banned from sweats tbh

i also think elimination is the best competitive mode
100% agree but it won't happen.
I don't think Blind Watch is a bad map at all but it's the best argument for switching spawns every round.
Blind Watch is grossly lopsided. A flag spawn can get to stair case snipe pretty quickly while C flag has areas where you can camp effectively.

Armour piercing was so good! Remember using my ldr with armour piercing to shoot the sword bearer whenever he went into hiding

I just remember standing at the lower door on Blind Watch, and tagging people as they came in at the top door (before those book cases were put in).

Naturally, they'd run to the pillar for cover.

Then you just aim for the center of the pillar for an easy kill.

Was amazing.

If I'm doing a bounty to score 1500 points for PvP, don't fucking put me in the middle of a match, especially when the other team already has 14k points. To go along with win a Control match, joining down 7k to 14k. Come on

Mindlog

The good old days :]
One displayed GIF per post limit out of courtesy to the RAM limited.
Gv3X84M.gif

And grats to nooblet! DGAF in a few years.

Blind Watch? Oh no. At least it doesn't have uneven spawns Kappa

Guys I haven't posted here since ages, but I wanna share this with all.
I have officially been accepted for a PhD study in Deep Reinforcement Learning and Robotics today ! I won't get deported and I won't be forced to leave my GF anymore.

Congrats Nooblet! That's awesome. You'd mentioned something the other day but glad to hear all the details are squared away. That's gotta be a big relief.

Iceman829

They should've had 20 mouldering shards be a way to reset your raid progress for the week to allow you to rerun the raid for more loot. HM reset could've cost more if they felt the need. A chance at extra loot at the boss was so underwhelming when most people only get 2 shards for a wasted 20 after get mostly shards or super low level gear throughout the raid.

They should've had 20 mouldering shards be a way to reset your raid progress for the week to allow you to rerun the raid for more loot. HM reset could've cost more if they felt the need. A chance at extra loot at the boss was so underwhelming when most people only get 2 shards for a wasted 20 after get mostly shards or super low level gear throughout the raid.

Another good idea for moldering shards. I swear the community has come up with so many good ideas for them. It's unbelievable how dumb the actual use for them is.

spyder_ur

Another good idea for moldering shards. I swear the community has come up with so many good ideas for them. It's unbelievable how dumb the actual use for them is.

It's almost like they thought they needed a replacement for the ascendant/radiant shards and energies that were in the first two raids, so that it wouldn't feel like you were getting less than in the past. But yeah, they're basically pointless.

Overall TTK dealt with stuff much better, but it does strike me that instead of properly aligning loot drop rates (whatever that is exactly) they instead put more crap in that just gives you a better chance i.e. moldering shards/ToC. It's pretty convoluted when you think of it that way.

Dragon's Dogma on PC just released... what's the best class to use?

most people only get 2 shards for a wasted 20.

This isn't a thing by the way. Rumors started that you could get 2 for 20 but it's only because 2 shards always drops from Oryx NM (or HM if you haven't done NM yet). People wouldn't realize what their 20 shard drop actually was because it went to the post master or something.

Since 2 shards are guaranteed, you would have to get 4 shards from Oryx if you got 2 for 20 and nobody's gotten 4 from one kill.

That said, the current shard function is really dumb like you said. Nobody wants an extra 302 shotgun from Oryx. The loot pool is so diluted that the odds of ever getting what you wanted were always painfully low. I still think shards as a consumable to increase the light level of any gear would've been the best route but oh well, too late now.

This isn't a thing by the way. Rumors started that you could get 2 for 20 but it's only because 2 shards always drops from Oryx NM (or HM if you haven't done NM yet). People wouldn't realize what their 20 shard drop actually was because it went to the post master or something.

Since 2 shards are guaranteed, you would have to get 4 shards from Oryx if you got 2 for 20 and nobody's gotten 4 from one kill.

That said, the current shard function is really dumb like you said. Nobody wants an extra 302 shotgun from Oryx. The loot pool is so diluted that the odds of ever getting what you wanted were always painfully low. I still think shards as a consumable to increase the light level of any gear would've been the best route but oh well, too late now.

Are you going to play trials?

It's been so long since I played the console version. All I remember was that Mystic Knight was OP as hell. Favorite vocation out of all of them.

Nice nice, thanks for the heads up bro. Excited to try out the game, always wanted to play the console version but heard it had technical problems.

In order to make this post Destiny related, Titan is most OP PvE class and Hunter is most OP for PvP. If I was advising a new player now, I'd recommend they make a Hunter since NStalker is so strong in PvE.

WeTeHa

The "best" classes in the game are probably magick archer and assassin. Sorcerer is also great, but I don't recommend it as a newcomer, as the beginning can be pretty boring. And if you want the highest damage for the magick archer, you HAVE to play as sorcerer, because as far as I remember, assassin has the highest strength growth from lvl 10 to 200 and sorcerer has the highest mag stat growth of all the classes.

I played the game for about 200 hours as an assassin and I loved it. Had a mage->sorcerer pawn with ridiculous AoE and buff spells and I used a gold dragonforged bow/dagger combo. It was amazing. Jumping on giant ass enemies and unleashing thousand kisses with stackable buffs and optimal combinations of augments was just ridiculous. Also, shooting the bow from afar and using the different bow skills felt incredibly satisfying. If you want a versatile class that can deal great amounts of damage up close and from afar and use many different items (bow, dagger, shield, sword), you can't go wrong with assassin.

Sure, I'll play some. Downloading the PSN update now. When were you gonna play?

Any time until i have to sleep lol. Could be now if you are ready.

Also Dragons Dogma is legit, i played on console and the performance was annoying but the combat more than made up for it. Too bad that after 60 hours of enjoying the game i got soured on a death where i hadn't saved for the past 7 hours of exploring. I instantly took out the disc and never again ( ._.)

How is it 2016 and I can still join a game in progress losing by 2000 points? Really Bungie? The live team can't work on this for 1000 silver?

NastyBook

omg the Engrams are back you guys!

http://bungiestore.com/collections/accessories/products/destiny-engram-4-pack

finally got an order in before they're out of stock again
Totally buying the shit out of those SRL DS4 skins. Why the DS4 that came with the TTK LE console had nothing on it was criminal.
Play every class, though I guess it depends on how many times you play the game. I was on NG++++ on PS3 before DA dropped, so I went through all of them. Best Hybrid class for me was Assassin. That counter is so sick.

nOoblet16

The division video looked boring to me. And with cosmetic MTs, your probably going to look like a homeless dude unless you pay real money for a better cosmetic outfit.
The only thing that concerns me about The Division is that it will probably not have any fantasy elements to it. Part of the charm of Destiny's raid is the exotic locations, the enemy design, the atmosphere and the music that goes along with it.

The Division's raid will have nothing fantastical like going into the Vault of Glass, or the exotic looking bridge section or Oryx's arena where you can see Saturn in the background etc.

Blind Watch? Oh no. At least it doesn't have uneven spawns Kappa

Congrats Nooblet! That's awesome. You'd mentioned something the other day but glad to hear all the details are squared away. That's gotta be a big relief.
Thanks, yea it's a big relief knowing that I get to stay here and have a purpose in life. Guess I'll change my alias to Dr.Nooblet soon.

Nice nice, thanks for the heads up bro. Excited to try out the game, always wanted to play the console version but heard it had technical problems.

In order to make this post Destiny related, Titan is most OP PvE class and Hunter is most OP for PvP. If I was advising a new player now, I'd recommend they make a Hunter since NStalker is so strong in PvE.
Steam id is the same ;)

Deku Tree

The only thing that concerns me about The Division is that it will probably not have any fantasy elements to it. Part of the charm of Destiny's raid is the exotic locations, the enemy design, the atmosphere and the music that goes along with it.

The Division's raid will have nothing fantastical like going into the Vault of Glass, or the exotic looking bridge section or Oryx's arena where you can see Saturn in the background etc.

Thanks, yea it's a big relief knowing that I get to stay here and have a purpose in life. Guess I'll change my alias to Dr.Nooblet soon.

Im pretty sure a dev said the division don't have no raids.

Top Bottom