• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I have a bug where the arrow at the bottom of my gear screen that lets you shift to the equipment screen is always shining like there is a new item down there. But there isn't. This is only happening on my Titan.

E92 M3

I have a bug where the arrow at the bottom of my gear screen that lets you shift to the equipment screen is always shining like there is a new item down there. But there isn't. This is only happening on my Titan.

Only happening on my Titan as well. It's been like that for a while and I just got used to it lol.

Skele7on

Banned
Bungie pls

Ok I just fake pre-ordered the division from Amazon and got guaranteed Division beta access. I am not optimistic.

What I played I can say it's pretty fun and it suits my addictions well.

It suffers the same as destiny until you play it it looks over complicated and a bit shit.

J-Skee

Hello DestinyGAF,

I just started playing vanilla Destiny not too long ago & I'm at level 19 (light level 92). Is it worth it for me to buy anything from Xur or should I just wait until I hit level 40?

Deku Tree

Hello DestinyGAF,

I just started playing vanilla Destiny not too long ago & I'm at level 19 (light level 92). Is it worth it for me to buy anything from Xur or should I just wait until I hit level 40?

Yes if you have some strange coins and Xur has an exotic armor that you want then definitely buy it. For instance if you are a Titan then you should really buy Ruin Wings from Xur.

Shiv47

Xur baby, I just need a Twilight Garrison. Why couldn't you sell that? Also need a Jade Rabbit and a Red Death, but I know that's not happening.

J-Skee

Yes if you have some strange coins and Xur has an exotic armor that you want then definitely buy it. For instance if you are a Titan then you should really buy Ruin Wings from Xur.

The class I'm using right now is Hunter & I haven't started the other classes yet. I have enough Strange Coins to buy all the armor available. Is it good idea to get all of the now? I'm sorry if this seems like such a stupid question, this is the first time I've seen Xur since I started.

The class I'm using right now is Hunter & I haven't started the other classes yet. I have enough Strange Coins to buy all the armor available. Is it good idea to get all of the now? I'm sorry if this seems like such a stupid question, this is the first time I've seen Xur since I started.

if you are planning ti make the other classes, sure. You will come across alot of strange coins. Just keep in mind Xur will be back next week. No idea how much strange coins you have since you are new.

Myself? Dont have anymore...my stockpile from last year finally ran dry a few weeks ago and I have not played since.

Gammacide

So is the one random scout rifle that has no blueprint in my exotic kiosk the FoAF we'll never get? I have everything that I know is available...I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

J-Skee

if you are planning ti make the other classes, sure. You will come across alot of strange coins. Just keep in mind Xur will be back next week. No idea how much strange coins you have since you are new.

Myself? Dont have anymore...my stockpile from last year finally ran dry a few weeks ago and I have not played since.

I have 39 Strange Coins, so enough for each piece of armor. I didn't even know what they were for until just now. I assume they're pretty rare to come across as I get higher level. Now I have to research exotic items & see what I like & hopefully Xur will have it at some point.

Shiv47

So I know the Xur-sold legacy engrams are supposedly weighed toward weapons you don't already have, but are they counting year 2 versions in that? There's only 3 year 1 weapons I don't have in either year: Red Death, Necrochasm, and Mythoclast, but like 7 more I only got in year 2. My odds are not great if its including all the year 2 guns as well.

Deku Tree

So I know the Xur-sold legacy engrams are supposedly weighed toward weapons you don't already have, but are they counting year 2 versions in that? There's only 3 year 1 weapons I don't have in either year: Red Death, Necrochasm, and Mythoclast, but like 7 more I only got in year 2. My odds are not great if its including all the year 2 guns as well.

Can't get Mytho or Nechro from an engram. Gotta play the old content.

deviant1

You'll only get Year 1 Exotics at Year 1 light levels from the legacy engrams. Mythoclast and Necrochasm won't decrypt from these engrams, and yes it is weighted towards Year 1 exotics you don't have so you have a good chance of getting a Year 1 Red Death.

Nicodemic

Anything you don't have as year 1 is fairgame except Nechro and Vex has those are only available in raids.

I have 39 Strange Coins, so enough for each piece of armor. I didn't even know what they were for until just now. I assume they're pretty rare to come across as I get higher level. Now I have to research exotic items & see what I like & hopefully Xur will have it at some point.
Hmm Welp once I think about it, I prob should have thought from your point of view. Frankly I don't remember how easy strange coins drop around that level :p sorry! Perhaps someone else can chime in..

I know once you get to level 40 and higher light level, strange coins will often drop for rewards, engrams, chest, etc . So it might be a tad bit rough for you due your current level.

Either way the choice is up to you. Xur will sell the exotics again. There's no "magic must have item" this time around ;)

Edit: shouldnt try to post while eating :p

Axoman

I had a party crasher drop for me last night with rifled barrel, which looks to make the range the same as my quest Conspiracy Theory.

My question, does rangefinder on the Conspiracy Theory actually give it more range when aimed, or if it's already hitting range cap does rangefinder not boost range?

Number45

Keep an eye on this site. Even if you don't care about their opinion there's useful information for each of the reset days up there.

Liamc723

I have no idea what all you guys are seeing in The Division, the latest footage that has come out today looks pretty bad.

I'll stick with Destiny.

darthbob

I have no idea what all you guys are seeing in The Division, the latest footage that has come out today looks pretty bad.

I'll stick with Destiny.

By "looks bad" do you mean visually, or just like it doesn't look fun?

I haven't been following Division much since it was first revealed. Has it been like Watch Dogs and been downgraded?

Number45

I haven't been following Division much since it was first revealed. Has it been like Watch Dogs and been downgraded?
I remember being legitimately surprised when it turned up at E3 and thinking how great it looked, but it's been so fucking long since that I can't even be bothered to see what it looks like now.

Shiv47

Can't get Mytho or Nechro from an engram. Gotta play the old content.

You'll only get Year 1 Exotics at Year 1 light levels from the legacy engrams. Mythoclast and Necrochasm won't decrypt from these engrams, and yes it is weighted towards Year 1 exotics you don't have so you have a good chance of getting a Year 1 Red Death.

Anything you don't have as year 1 is fairgame except Nechro and Vex has those are only available in raids.

Yeah, I figured as much on the raid guns. Well, just got the last couple coins I needed from PoE, so here goes...and I got a Hard Light. Fuuuuuuuuuuckkkk you game.

Liamc723

By "looks bad" do you mean visually, or just like it doesn't look fun?

Both.

It just looks like your average third-person shooter with absolutely nothing special about it.

stay gold

I had a party crasher drop for me last night with rifled barrel, which looks to make the range the same as my quest Conspiracy Theory.

My question, does rangefinder on the Conspiracy Theory actually give it more range when aimed, or if it's already hitting range cap does rangefinder not boost range?

It pushes it past the cap. However on shotguns Rangefinder only adds 10% of base range so it only goes from 31>32.6 (Party Crasher with Rifled Barrel is 32).

ocean

Banned
Wait it's hidden? So I can actually get my grimoire up more. . sigh. Did you already get your salvage and rumble wins?

I did Salvage back in HoW, Rumble is (like fetch) not happening. Doubles I'd totally get if it were a permanent playlist but if it's a week every two months it'll be rough.

tah7Q5N.jpg

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

PS4. A gaffer was kind enough to give the code.

spyder_ur

That video doesn't seem very good to me. For my personal tastes anyway.

I'll stick with Destiny.

I was pretty put off watching the videos too. Graphics are a part of it but not a huge part. It's that the movement (or lack thereof in combat) and shooting seem, honestly, kind of crappy. AI looks like horseshit too. Say what you will about Destiny but they nailed that and it's the most important thing.

I did preorder it to play the beta though.

I did Salvage back in HoW, Rumble is (like fetch) not happening. Doubles I'd totally get if it were a permanent playlist but if it's a week every two months it'll be rough.

Meh I'll try to get 10-20 wins this weekend on Double, hoping to get my Salvage wins up to 80 or 90 also. And Rumble to me is fun when I get to use my Hunter. I just haven't been using my Hunter since I need Warlock PVP kills

Deku Tree

The division video looked boring to me. And with cosmetic MTs, your probably going to look like a homeless dude unless you pay real money for a better cosmetic outfit.

E92 M3

I'm not going to worry about the Division. Don't trust Ubisoft to properly support a game like that and Destiny is more than enough to keep my attention for the genre.

Top Bottom