• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright good games both groups I played with.

Still have my Titan left so I'm up for another run whenever. Must have a K/D of 9999999999/0 and have 20/20 vision. Also likes multiplayer games more than single player games.

Good games ape and co. Should have gotten at least mercy kadey.

And i finally got the Fermi Solution from Dead Orbit using 150 motes just now so yay.

I was supposed to build a PC in the fall last year but stuff happened and u couldn't anymore. I need a gaming PC so badly it's not even funny. I follow the PC OT and apparently you can bring your console save over. My level 192 Magick Archer calls for me.
You can bring your console save!?

That increases temptation to max...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No one knows sweaty until they play with me, F1cken, and The_id. #realsweat

I've played with id in IB. Only thing sweaty is Neo in the background doing god knows what.

stcq7Cr.png

No worries about mercury on my hunter and warlock. They are the less superior classes so I never worry about them.

the_id

Thanks for the runs F1CKEN and Subtervotion. It was great playing with you guys. The last few rounds were funny.
Sorry, I was getting mentally tired on our second run. LOL.

Sub nearly lost a bet playing against scrubs....

I've played with id in IB. Only thing sweaty is Neo in the background doing god knows what.

id goes ham.

Thanks for the runs F1CKEN and Subtervotion. It was great playing with you guys. The last few rounds were funny.
Sorry, I was getting mentally tired on our second run. LOL.

Sub nearly lost a bet playing against scrubs....

We were all mentally done. All around fun runs though even if we only got blue engrams and trials artifacts.

You can bring your console save!?

That increases temptation to max...
Yea man. Someone in the OT posted a screenshot having 3300 health which u know only happens when you're 190+. He said he brought his console save over. The dream is alive man.

Destiny talk... The people Nghtly plays with get so salty when they lose. One even name calls...that's not cool.

stcq7Cr.png

No worries about mercury on my hunter and warlock. They are the less superior classes so I never worry about them.

The only thing i remenber about that game is me laughing myself sily with all the trash talking on the background whilst trying to shoot people on B. I think we won that one by a whisker in the end (that and the misus coming in moaning that i was on destiny after a 12 hour work shift and that i needed to go to bed because i was working again that night 😠. Bloody work...)

Raven117

Would any kind and generous gaffers help me out on court of oryx tier 3?

Will only take a few min! It's my last 50th fragment piece!

Psn: Tex117

Edit: gaf comes through again!

Awesome thanks! I'll send invite

This window still open? I'm really just looking to hit bounties, but I can try to get sweaty if you really need me to.

PSN: GibbShift.

EDIT: Joined on you, Bicep.

GGs Biceps and Gibb! That 5-4 clutch to pull off the 7 wins for the weapon was super legit. Nearly every game was classic laggy Trials nonsense but playing with you fine gentlemen made it fun. Well done everyone!

Also, sorry for disappearing at the end. I forgot we were just in game chat when I left the fireteam, lol...

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
GGs Biceps and Gibb! That 5-4 clutch to pull off the 7 wins for the weapon was super legit. Nearly every game was classic laggy Trials nonsense but playing with you fine gentlemen made it fun. Well done everyone!

Also, sorry for disappearing at the end. I forgot we were just in game chat when I left the fireteam, lol...

Yeah that was a war! Thanks again for grouping up, you are some good dudes! Hit me up anytime

NastyBook

No problem, fella. Thanks for helping us out, it was much appreciated. Nothing like a good point guard to add synergy and bring up the rest of the team. Very good Trials games (even with the crazy lag, honestly). Gonna level up this Reflection Sum now. :D

EDIT: Seriously, though. That clutch shotty and res from Biceps... Saw the whole thing from my orb. Was so good.

If IB is the scout and launcher next go around, I suspect I'm going to hit it hard.

What else is left? Fusion?
I actually have a 313 Iron Banner Fusion Rifle with a good roll. I like it a lot. The launcher I got is garbage though. And the Scout firesso slow I don't think it's worth it from my experience.

the_id

stcq7Cr.png

Gotta love playing with you Kadey in IB and watch that crazy K/D that you get with your Grasp of Molok. I think at one point you never died and had a K/D of 13.0

ocean

Banned
Warbulletproof's stream is...something special :p 3 try hards playing Trials to go 4-0 and then take turns to get the final win 1v3. The other two just commit auicide at match start.

Crazy thing is, they're usually able to pull off these 1v3s with (relative) ease. The skill gap is real.

So I just got a PS4 and Destiny and been playing for a bit, got to Level 8, first mission of the moon. I don't really 'get' the online aspects though, could someone help a noob with that, haha? I thought it'd be more like setting up a party with randos but so far I've only been able to do stuff with other people online on the one/two 'waves' that appear from time to time from a ship.

GhaleonEB

So I just got a PS4 and Destiny and been playing for a bit, got to Level 8, first mission of the moon. I don't really 'get' the online aspects though, could someone help a noob with that, haha? I thought it'd be more like setting up a party with randos but so far I've only been able to do stuff with other people online on the one/two 'waves' that appear from time to time from a ship.

Destiny is divided into activities, and there are some activities where there is matchmaking, and some where you'll need a party of friends.

As you play more and more activities will open up. Strikes and Crucible feature matchmaking, while others such as raids and the highest difficulty type of strike, called Nightfalls, do not. Matchmaking is also used in what are called 'public spaces' in the game world. During any given mission you'll transition into "darkness zones", which is typically where you splinter into your own instance of the game. Outside of them, you'll cross paths with other players doing their own missions, strikes or patrols. There are public events that occur in these spaces at regular intervals that often bring players together to rally together before everyone goes their own ways; those are the waves dropped off you mention. There are several kind of events and you'll start to see others as to play more and reach different destination, especially the Dreadnaught. (You can use some sites to anticipate when public evens occur, such as here.)

Story missions don't feature matchmaking but you can play them with friends in a fire team. As you work through the campaign you'll unlock a mountain of missions, quests and more activity types - you can usually find folks here to run things with or answer questions. Hope that helped, and have fun.

Unfortunately, the party setup is all on you to do at places like here and other LFG hubs. The only thing the game will do with randoms is matchmake Crucible, stirke playlists, weekly strike, and the public events in world. Raid, daily, ToO, and the story is all on who you can get off your friend list, going on to LFG boards, or begging at the tower through PSN messaging.

Most people here are really helpful in jumping in and giving a hand, and there's always some sort of LFG going on for the weekly reset of content. We also have folks like Hawkien who sherpa new/inexperienced folks through Raids and other post-game content.

I have a friend who just started the game again on PS4 (already did XBO) and might be lending a hand when I have the time to in getting him back up to snuff for post game stuff. So if you need a hand when I'm on, you'll likely be welcome to the third slot on the fireteam.

Story missions don't feature matchmaking but you can play them with friends in a fire team. As you work through the campaign you'll unlock a mountain of missions, quests and more activity types - you can usually find folks here to run things with or answer questions. Hope that helped, and have fun.

It did, thanks! Even though I probably should have researched this stuff before buying, I'm still having loads of fun.

Most people here are really helpful in jumping in and giving a hand, and there's always some sort of LFG going on for the weekly reset of content. We also have folks like Hawkien who sherpa new/inexperienced folks through Raids and other post-game content.

I have a friend who just started the game again on PS4 (already did XBO) and might be lending a hand when I have the time to in getting him back up to snuff for post game stuff. So if you need a hand when I'm on, you'll likely be welcome to the third slot on the fireteam.

Hm, alright, that sounds great! I'm on the first moon mission if I need to catch up or wait a little bit. How should I go about adding/stuff to make things easier?

Once again, thanks a lot to you two! Destiny's definitely not what I expected at first but I'm having lots of fun so I hope I can get used to the multiplayer and the group making quickly.

Everything should be easier when I get caught up on levels (since I just joined and everyone I see is level 40) but if I could find teams before then it'd be great! Thanks a lot! =D

I would focus on making art for a two or three man indie game team. I already do it for work, but I want to do it for myself.

If you want to collaborate, holler.

Sounds good man. I totally understand.

I'd quite my current job for sure. Being financially secure also means you can do a job you enjoy, instead of a job where you're just getting money :)

I'd probably spend a crapton of time travelling in the beginning, buy a house, definitely start going to the gym.

*sigh* At least dreams are free...

Yea I definitely want to visit Japan and Italy as soon as I can.

GhaleonEB

Hm, alright, that sounds great! I'm on the first moon mission if I need to catch up or wait a little bit. How should I go about adding/stuff to make things easier?

Once again, thanks a lot to you two! Destiny's definitely not what I expected at first but I'm having lots of fun so I hope I can get used to the multiplayer and the group making quickly.

Everything should be easier when I get caught up on levels (since I just joined and everyone I see is level 40) but if I could find teams before then it'd be great! Thanks a lot! =D

The progress from level 1-40 should be pretty smooth running. Make sure to grab bounties each day before getting going, as they will speed your progress greatly. Another tip is to be sure to have your best gear equipped when turning in engrams at the Cryptarch. They decrypt to a light level that is based on your current light, and most will nudge higher than the gear you have on. In that way engrams are a major driver of your gear progression until you near the endgame (light level 280-290) and have to start running certain activities that drop higher level gear.

The good news is you get engrams from every activity, so you can progress doing literally anything you want. Missions, strikes, patrols, crucible - all will move you forward until light level ~280ish. If you want to focus on the story, the campaign itself is designed to get you to level 40 by the time it's over. Bounties, quests and any other activities you do on the side will help you get there quicker. Personally, I loved taking a character through all the missions. You'll go through the first two expansions as part of it, and at the end, the Taken King. They get better and better as you go. You'll really know when you hit TTK.

So I just got an item that leveled me up from Level 8 to Level 25 uh. Didn't expect that at all haha

The progress from level 1-40 should be pretty smooth running. Make sure to grab bounties each day before getting going, as they will speed your progress greatly. Another tip is to be sure to have your best gear equipped when turning in engrams at the Cryptarch. They decrypt to a light level that is based on your current light, and most will nudge higher than the gear you have on. In that way engrams are a major driver of your gear until you near the endgame (light level 280-290) and have to start running certain activities that drop higher level gear.

The good news is you get engrams from every activity, so you can progress doing literally anything you want. Missions, strikes, patrols, crucible - all will move you forward until pretty late. If you want to focus on the story, the campaign itself is designed to get you to level 40 by the time it's over. Bounties, quests and any other activities you do on the side will help you get there quicker. Personally, I loved taking a character through all the missions. You'll go through the first two expansions as part of it, and at the end, the Taken King. They get better and better as you go. You'll really know when you hit TTK.

Oh, cool! Didn't know that about the engrams, will definitely keep an eye out on it.

edit: ^ damn so many helpful posts, w00t

Yeah the online interactions aren't clarified well at all. Basically there are several different areas:

Story missions- These activities don't have match making and most people don't bother grouping up to do them since they're generally pretty easy. Most people solo their way through the campaign story missions.

Patrol- if you load into a patrol zone by selecting the green marker on a planet, you can randomly have other people spawned into the same area. But they will have blue nametags ("blueberries" we call them) which means they aren't actually in your fireteam. That means they will come and go as they please and you aren't really playing with them.

The Tower works in a similar way when you load in. You can send messages to these blueberries and ask them about teaming up for activities but it's totally random whether they'll join and/or be cool.

Strikes, Crucible- Strike and crucible playlists have match making so they will group you up automatically and put other people into your fireteam. You can elect to have voice chat with these people but in my experience most people don't use this feature. The few people who do use it usually aren't people you want to talk to anyway, lol.

Once the activity ends they will be removed from your fireteam though.

Raids and Trials- These are the highest PvE and PvP (respectively) end game activities so they don't have any automatic MM. You'll need to use external resources like this thread, or the LFG websites (link in the OP), or reddit or the100.io website.

You have to make your own fireteam for these activities but then you will be fully grouped up and will stay connected until people decide to leave (usually when the activity is complete).

Anyway, I hope this little overview helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Intentional double post: Nghtly and FarNorth just matched Luminosity in Trials. Should be a hype match....

Edit: Team Nghtly wins 5-3, good game. Nghtly is the MVP with 12-6 K/D, Lumi goes negative.

Top Bottom