• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

All I want to do is grind Salvage wins but my girlfriend is playing Fallout 4. .sigh.

Also D
ivision
GAF can we call the Dark Zone the Wilderness instead. Hoping some of you guys like the beta enough to buy it so I can play the story mode with a group of you all.

I will be playing The Division when it comes out. Preordered on Amazon for beta but honestly the game looks right up my alley. Gonna get if for ps4 just so I can play with a bunch of Dgaf on my friends list.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Regular crucible shows year old weapons are clearly superior to year two. Besides that regular crucible is garbage.

ocean

Banned
Division
Uncharted
Robot dinosaur lady Legolas game
FFXV
Persona 5
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

I'm forgetting a bunch. This year won't be cheap. And then if there's a Destiny sequel of course I'll ignore everything else and just call '16 an expensive backlog year.

ocean

Banned
Regular crucible shows year old weapons are clearly superior to year two. Besides that regular crucible is garbage.
No Y2 Primary compares to Thorn...except maybe TLW (also Y1).
I doubt many people are lucky enough to have a Stare that can compete with our old perfect roll Benevolences.
Nothing sweeter than Kneepads Matador/Felwinter's.
And then of course, BTRD is like Quillins with 3x the range. Unless you wanna grab the old perfect roll Ash Factory.

My PvP loadout is all 170 weapons. Nothing from Y2 is as good, why would I handicap myself.

Daemul

It took 10.5 hours to get through the previous page. RIP DestinyGAF.

Division
Uncharted
FFXV
Persona 5
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

I'm forgetting a bunch. This year won't be cheap. And then if there's a Destiny sequel of course I'll ignore everything else and just call '16 an expensive backlog year.

My list is:

The Division
Gears 4
Mass Effect
Quantum Break
Deus Ex
Dishonored 2

Destiny 2 I'm still not sure about, I'm getting tired of waiting for Bungie to get shit like PvP balance, the endgame and loot system right.

Namikaze1

Division
Uncharted
FFXV
Persona 5
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

Mass Effect Andromeda (well, if it comes out this year)
Dark Souls 3
Not a game but Vive/Rift/PSVR

There are so many games coming out this year that I want to buy but it looks like I'll probably just end up buying two games day 1 and the rest at a sale.

GhaleonEB

Division
Uncharted
FFXV
Persona 5
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

The Witness in 10 days!
No Man's Sky
RIME

That's about all on my radar right now, but I'm doing a lot of backlog working off this year. (Alien Isolation, Until Dawn are first up on deck.)

Kilau

Crucible working...

utmUT4P.gif

What the heck is going on?

qNyKpd1.gif

Geez :/ Sounds like they need another nerf then because this is stupid at times, which is most of the time :lol

I know the game says that level advantages are disabled in most multiplayer modes, but what about weapons and light levels? Sometimes it feels like I could die from a single non-head burst at full health and others I wreck completely. Going in with a brand new sun singer was a real pain too since I had no unlocked abilities (which I'd assume no level advantages would normally mean, even ability playing field and all that).

Your still going to be missing skills and abilities but light levels including on your weapons don't have an effect in normal pvp. Your probably getting one shotted by conspiracy theory D and other slow, high impact, low rate of fire shotguns. Those are one shot kills at close range. They were nerfed but they are still awesome up close as they should be.

Minamu

Is there a GAF clan for strikes and raids? :) It'd be nice to do some co-op stuff without randoms some day.

Your still going to be missing skills and abilities but light levels including on your weapons don't have an effect in normal pvp. Your probably getting one shotted by conspiracy theory D and other slow, high impact, low rate of fire shotguns. Those are one shot kills at close range. They were nerfed but they are still awesome up close as they should be.
Alright, and what about equipment? Would a full legendary set be harder to kill than someone with uncommons or whatever? I'm gonna try a shotgun myself, they seem crazy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to go ahead and say it's impossible for Bungie to balance the game without cutting corners elsewhere and thus creating a nuisance repeatedly. PVE and PVP needs to be completely separate in terms of weapons and gear and the way they work. Also all maps should be in every mode but have altered versions to complement said mode. Obviously they aren't going to do anything of that sort now but it's something to keep in mind for the next big version of the game or sequel.

Anybody up to do Golgi - Oryx x3 later on?

Magik

Going to go ahead and say it's impossible for Bungie to balance the game without cutting corners elsewhere and thus creating a nuisance repeatedly. PVE and PVP needs to be completely separate in terms of weapons and gear and the way they work. Also all maps should be in every mode but have altered versions to complement said mode. Obviously they aren't going to do anything of that sort now but it's something to keep in mind for the next big version of the game or sequel.

Anybody up to do Golgi - Oryx x3 later on?

I can do one Golgi - Oryx and a second one if you need people as I already have one character that only needs Oryx.

Laws00

I just got Destiny for ps3. I missed a lot.

Granted i've rented it when it first came out but not without all the update dates

Wow

Can ps3 and ps4 play together or is it just data

I just got Destiny for ps3. I missed a lot.

Granted i've rented it when it first came out but not without all the update dates

Wow

Can ps3 and ps4 play together or is it just data

No. The population is restricted to the console. PS3 with PS3 players and PS4 with PS4 players

Frenden

Banned
No Y2 Primary compares to Thorn...except maybe TLW (also Y1).
I doubt many people are lucky enough to have a Stare that can compete with our old perfect roll Benevolences.
Nothing sweeter than Kneepads Matador/Felwinter's.
And then of course, BTRD is like Quillins with 3x the range. Unless you wanna grab the old perfect roll Ash Factory.

My PvP loadout is all 170 weapons. Nothing from Y2 is as good, why would I handicap myself.

For giggles, I rolled out my perfect Benevolence and Radeghast rolls and cleared house for a game or two this week. Can't bring myself to use year one guns, though. Feels gross to get a Thorn kill.

ocean

Banned
For giggles, I rolled out my perfect Benevolence and Radeghast rolls and cleared house for a game or two this week. Can't bring myself to use year one guns, though. Feels gross to get a Thorn kill.
We played First Light together the other day :) I don't think you recognized me since my PSN name isn't Ocean.

I waved at you while we popped heavy. You waved back.

Top Bottom