• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Found the game:

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4515681019

Obviously the Devs were carrying one. But their carry had almost as high an ELO as both of Lumi's team mates who I don't recognize. Looks like a 2v1 to me but I don't really know.

Would like to see a team BSK vs team Devs sweaty. Not sure if the result would be the same.

Not sure what ELO destinytracker is showing but it's not Trials ELO. The Riley person on Lumi's stream is a pretty known streamer but not a great player, although the other person had a ~1950 Trials ELO which is very high (he actually did the second best out of everyone, after Nghtly).

The guy on Nghtly's team had a pretty low Trials ELO and didn't do much during their whole run. But it was technically a single carry vs. a double carry so not surprising 13 Devs won especially since Lumi didn't play very well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Division
Uncharted
Robot dinosaur lady Legolas game
FFXV
Persona 5
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

I'm forgetting a bunch. This year won't be cheap. And then if there's a Destiny sequel of course I'll ignore everything else and just call '16 an expensive backlog year.
I want possibly two of those! yay!

Frenden

Banned
We played First Light together the other day :) I don't think you recognized me since my PSN name isn't Ocean.

I waved at you while we popped heavy. You waved back.

I totally recognized your SN. Javier, no? I would've sent you an invite after the match, but I was logging off!

So does anyone here still do Trials carries for mediocre crucible players?

I'd like to see Mercury before the game is completely unplayable due to bugs.

I'm the only one left that helps carries, afaik. Sadly I'm not good enough to double carry so it will depend on finding someone else to help. I'm always down to try, just being realistic that unless I play super duper well or we get lucky matching easy teams then a strong 3rd would be needed for Mercury.

If it was still Year 1 Trials I'd be more confident but Year 2 I've had too many runs that ended after 7-0 or 8-0 because we started matching Peruvian Red Bar All Stars.

edit: okay, looks like we might be able to get some CMs going:

HM KF CM, starting at Totems:

1.) Boguester
2.) Neoak
3.) Id
4.) Magik
5.) ????
6.) ????

Jafku

I'm the only one left that helps carries, afaik. Sadly I'm not good enough to double carry so it will depend on finding someone else to help. I'm always down to try, just being realistic that unless I play super duper well or we get lucky matching easy teams then a strong 3rd would be needed for Mercury.

If it was still Year 1 Trials I'd be more confident but Year 2 I've had too many runs that ended after 7-0 or 8-0 because we started matching Peruvian Red Bar All Stars.

edit: okay, looks like we might be able to get some CMs going:

HM KF CM, starting at Totems:

1.) Boguester
2.) Neoak
3.) Id
4.) Magik
5.) ????
6.) ????
I need challenge mode. PSN Jafku

ocean

Banned
The danger of judging by ELO score is that really good players who aren't super active can have lower than expected scores.

Zl_Chriss is 1547 ELO despite having 99% wins and a 7.09 K/D (seriously wtf) in Trials for instance.

Frenden

Banned
I've been collecting hand cannons since day one. I have a vault full of old Red Hands, Devil You Knows, Ill Wills, Lashes, Revelators, Up the Antes, and mini-moons. I hardly ever played with any other primary. Their nerf hit me hard. Their rebuff left me with hope. But, alas, they are too inconsistent at medium range to pick over a scout right now.

If you aren't using Last Word as shotgun defense or snipe cleanup, I have a hard time justifying any of them any longer. This is a sad day of realization for me.

I present my best year two hand cannon rolls. None are viable because of the RNG bullet registration present at more than close, or barely-mid, range.

Screenshot%202016-01-16%2018.03.09.png

Hammer Forged helps mitigate the poor range and random bullet effects of hand cannons post 2.0. Hidden Hand gives the extra bit of push necessary to make this gun more than merely mediocre. It's okay. It works sort of like hand cannons used to. But, at mid range, you will still miss foes despite having crosshairs directly over their heads. Not even Hidden Hand and a range perk fixes this.

Screenshot%202016-01-16%2018.03.26.png

This year two mini-moon drop had me excited. Until I shot it. The lack of range boosting perks means bullets seldom hit their target. You can have all the bonus damage on a round in the world and, if RNG decides it doesn't land, it might as well do no damage at all.

Screenshot%202016-01-16%2018.03.46.png

Eyasluna. I want to love you. Spray and play, explosive rounds, and reactive reload sounds like an amazing drop, but explosions and bonus damage also require hitting at least NEAR your opponent, which is surprisingly seldom in year two.

Screenshot%202016-01-16%2018.04.41.png

Hotswap and Hammer Forged give enough of an accuracy buff that, when paired with a sniper and used in the role of the Last Word to clean up bodied opponents, this gun turned out to be my most viable in year two. I went to Mercury a few times on the back of the Revelator, much to the chagrin of my teammates (cough, Colonel).

It's still not as good as a middling scout. Of all the year two hand cannons I've had to leave behind, I feel the worst about this Revelator roll. It's so close to being an amazing gun, but the small distance between mediocrity and viability is enough of a gap that losing lots of encounters you would win in year one relegates it to the bin.

Screenshot%202016-01-16%2018.05.37.png

I've moved on. I'll miss you, hand cannons, but these (and many other) rolls have proven to me that you're just not worth it any more. You're either the Last Word or nearly useless.

I'm seeing this saucy Tuonela now and not looking back. Unless you get buffed.

1 more spot for HM KF Challenge Mode. We've got 5 sitting at Totems now, ready to start as soon as we get a 6th. Can do CM up to 3x.

Edit: Full for now.

I've been collecting hand cannons since day one. I have a vault full of old Red Hands, Devil You Knows, Ill Wills, Lashes, Revelators, Up the Antes, and mini-moons. I hardly ever played with any other primary. Their nerf hit me hard. Their rebuff left me with hope. But, alas, they are too inconsistent at medium range to pick over a scout right now.

If you aren't using Last Word as shotgun defense or snipe cleanup, I have a hard time justifying any of them any longer. This is a sad day of realization for me.

I present my best year two hand cannon rolls. None are viable because of the RNG bullet registration present at more than close, or barely-mid, range.

Hammer Forged helps mitigate the poor range and random bullet effects of hand cannons post 2.0. Hidden Hand gives the extra bit of push necessary to make this gun more than merely mediocre. It's okay. It works sort of like hand cannons used to. But, at mid range, you will still miss foes despite having crosshairs directly over their heads. Not even Hidden Hand and a range perk fixes this.

This year two mini-moon drop had me excited. Until I shot it. The lack of range boosting perks means bullets seldom hit their target. You can have all the bonus damage on a round in the world and, if RNG decides it doesn't land, it might as well do no damage at all.

Eyasluna. I want to love you. Spray and play, explosive rounds, and reactive reload sounds like an amazing drop, but explosions and bonus damage also require hitting at least NEAR your opponent, which is surprisingly seldom in year two.

Hotswap and Hammer Forged give enough of an accuracy buff that, when paired with a sniper and used in the role of the Last Word to clean up bodied opponents, this gun turned out to be my most viable in year two. I went to Mercury a few times on the back of the Revelator, much to the chagrin of my teammates (cough, Colonel).

It's still not as good as a middling scout. Of all the year two hand cannons I've had to leave behind, I feel the worst about this Revelator roll. It's so close to being an amazing gun, but the small distance between mediocrity and viability is enough of a gap that losing lots of encounters you would win in year one relegates it to the bin.

I've moved on. I'll miss you, hand cannons, but these (and many other) rolls have proven to me that you're just not worth it any more. You're either the Last Word or nearly useless.

I'm seeing this saucy Tuonela now and not looking back. Unless you get buffed.

This is the one I got from IB 2 months ago, pretty good for both pvp and pve. That is, when I use a legendary HC in Destiny y2 which is almost never. :/

Frenden

Banned
This is the one I got from IB 2 months ago, pretty good for both pvp and pve. That is, when I use a legendary HC in Destiny y2 which is almost never. :/

Yeah. Finnala or Eyasluna are the only two that, with range perks, are remotely viable. But they all feel like shit now. I'll have my crosshair over someone, pull the trigger, and nada. Like, damage drop off at range I get, but nothing? Pffffft.

Yeah. Finnala or Eyasluna are the only two that, with range perks, are remotely viable. But they all feel like shit now. I'll have my crosshair over someone, pull the trigger, and nada. Like, damage drop off at range I get, but nothing? Pffffft.

True, this is the only y2 legendary hand cannon in my possession atm, everything else got dismantled. Even had a fakebringer from restorative mind months ago, with firefly and outlaw. Thing was garbage, dismantled straight away. That was before they slightly improved hand cannons and I probably should have kept it....oh well.

Division Maybe
Uncharted bought
Robot dinosaur lady Legolas game bought
FFXV
Persona 5 bought
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky bought

I'm forgetting a bunch. This year won't be cheap. And then if there's a Destiny sequel bought of course I'll ignore everything else and just call '16 an expensive backlog year.
I won't even be able to play them. After buying them I'll be living on the street, because I can't pay my rent.

Insaniac

Need 2 more for a fresh kings fall HM, going for the warpriest challenge at the very least, and go as far as we can

PSN TheLintendo

Awesome job on the 3x Challenge Mode everybody, literally couldn't have been smoother. Many thanks to everyone for helping out, finally got Grave a 320 special!

I've Done CM this week already, but can join after if you need 1-2.

We just finished up since people kindly offered to do extra kills after they had their clears for the week, but thanks a lot for the offer!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL we just had the craziest scramble.

Almost made it to mercury with no boons. Had to scrub it up that last match.

Is there anywhere I can see what I'd be missing? Alternatively, is it anything important?

It's not important.

Off the top of my head, there's a terrible multiplayer map (Sector 618), a pretty cool Strike (Echo Chamber), a pretty good exotic scout rifle (Jade Rabbit) and two sets of legendary armor for each of the three classes (One for Iron Banner, one regular gear. Looks cool depending on your aesthetic taste, nothing special otherwise).

Edit:

here's a link: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/destiny-ps4/exclusive-content/

It's not important.

Off the top of my head, there's a terrible multiplayer map (Sector 618), a pretty cool Strike (Echo Chamber), a pretty good exotic scout rifle (Jade Rabbit) and two sets of legendary armor for each of the three classes (One for Iron Banner, one regular gear. Looks cool depending on your aesthetic taste, nothing special otherwise).

Edit:

here's a link: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/destiny-ps4/exclusive-content/

Are you still going to play trials today? You were so full of enthusiasm earlier Kappa

If you dont i think i might start Fallout 4...maybe

It's not important.

Edit:

Thanks, most of that looks like stuff I probably won't care about.

Are you still going to play trials today? You were so full of enthusiasm earlier Kappa

If you dont i think i might start Fallout 4...maybe

Mrs Drizzay just made dinner so I'm gonna eat now. I'm down for Trials afterwards but it'll probably be 30 min, so totally up to you if you'll be busy w FO4 or not. Also depends on how long you'll be up tonight since I know it's already after midnight for you.

Mrs Drizzay just made dinner so I'm gonna eat now. I'm down for Trials afterwards but it'll probably be 30 min, so totally up to you if you'll be busy w FO4 or not. Also depends on how long you'll be up tonight since I know it's already after midnight for you.

Its totally cool. Have a nice dinner with Mrs Drizzay and we can play afterwards. I should still be up in 30 min.

Lnkn52

Its totally cool. Have a nice dinner with Mrs Drizzay and we can play afterwards. I should still be up in 30 min.

If you don't have a third, pssssssstttt.

Top Bottom