• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Any Xbox One Guardians lurking who want to give Flawless Raider a go tomorrow afternoon? Could really use a skilled sword bearer and any help we can get. Just want to get it done. Shoot me a PM and let me know!

Mrs Drizzay just made dinner so I'm gonna eat now. I'm down for Trials afterwards but it'll probably be 30 min, so totally up to you if you'll be busy w FO4 or not. Also depends on how long you'll be up tonight since I know it's already after midnight for you.

I would like to try Trials if you're alright with someone who hasn't played it before.

the_id

Mrs Drizzay just made dinner so I'm gonna eat now. I'm down for Trials afterwards but it'll probably be 30 min, so totally up to you if you'll be busy w FO4 or not. Also depends on how long you'll be up tonight since I know it's already after midnight for you.
Carry me please.... :(

The block can also survive the oversoul instant kill thing that pops up when a player dies.

sword too OP

I know about oversoul, first time seeing sword block scrota's smash. Didn't think it was possible because I tried it few weeks ago and got insta killed while blocking.

The real question is what can't the sword block?

Think they patched the skolas cheese so you can't block the devouring essence any more.

Have seen players in crucible block rockets with a sword, but that's just lag I suppose.

I know about oversoul, first time seeing sword block scrota's smash. Didn't think it was possible because I tried it few weeks ago and got insta killed while blocking.

Think they patched the skolas cheese so you can't block the devouring essence any more.

Have seen players in crucible block rockets with a sword, but that's just lag I suppose.

Nah rockets are blockable legit. One time a guy blocked a golden gun shot of mine in pvp but i think that was patched.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The scramble. Cue Benny Hill theme.

bjhjhj.gif

Its totally cool. Have a nice dinner with Mrs Drizzay and we can play afterwards. I should still be up in 30 min.

If you don't have a third, pssssssstttt.

I'm available now if you guys want to do a run.

I would like to try Trials if you're alright with someone who hasn't played it before.

Sure, I'll play with anyone. I think we're full for this current run but if you'll still be around awhile tonight I'll be up.

Carry me please.... :(

haha we probably shouldn't run with you and a first timer but if there's someone else around after this run with Igor and Lnkn, or if Igor wants to keep going after, then we could give it a try.

Lnkn52

Sure, I'll play with anyone. I think we're full for this current run but if you'll still be around awhile tonight I'll be up.

haha we probably shouldn't run with you and a first timer but if there's someone else around after this run with Igor and Lnkn, or if Igor wants to keep going after, then we could give it a try.
Signing on

v1perz53

Hmm it seems I got a little overzealous and used up too many Armor Materials for faction rep. Is there a non-awful way to farm those? Can buy weapon parts but not armor as far as I know.

HMD

Hmm it seems I got a little overzealous and used up too many Armor Materials for faction rep. Is there a non-awful way to farm those? Can buy weapon parts but not armor as far as I know.

Armour materials are tough! I'd recommend farming Court of Oryx or Omnigul, whichever's faster for you.

NastyBook

The block can also survive the oversoul instant kill thing that pops up when a player dies.

sword too OP
I actually have to give credit to Bungie for the consistency here. It makes sense that a sword forged from Oryx's blade would be strong enough to withstand his son's attacks. It's actually pretty cool that they respected power levels.

Also, got this on my first Dragon Strike of the day (first Omnigul run since it was added to the rotation):

RNG has been super good for me these past couple of weeks.

the_id

Haha. All good. Let me know if you're still going and I'll join.

I actually have to give credit to Bungie for the consistency here. It makes sense that a sword forged from Oryx's blade would be strong enough to withstand his son's attacks. It's actually pretty cool that they respected power levels.

Also, got this on my first Dragon Strike of the day (first Omnigul run since it was added to the rotation):

RNG has been super good for me these past couple of weeks.

Wow. I spent about 3 hours farming for Malok and got 0. This game

Through some unforeseen miracle, my negative hand cannon post actually made it to Destiny Reddit front page. Upvote/comment if you are so inclined.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/41b9t3/legendary_y2_hand_cannons_still_mostly_suck/

Finally! Your post makes it up!

I guess people are finally reading posts instead of just downvoting now that the content has dried up. Now, Frenden! THAT HAND OF YOURS IS BURNING RED! IT'S LOUD ROAR TELLS YOU TO TYPE VICTORY! TAKE YOUR LOVE, YOUR ANGER, AND ALL OF YOUR SORROW! DESTROY THE SUBBBREDDDDDIIIITTTT!
Not...don't go destroying the subreddit >_>;

the_id

So I tried COD BLOPS III with my nephews the other day...going from the awesome gunplay in Destiny, this game is terrible.

And then I tried watching some competitive Halo 5 game today on Twitch, even that game is nothing compared to Destiny in terms of gunplay.

There a certain enjoyment to watching a Trials stream on Twitch. If only we could have custom matches, the game wouldn't be so dead in between content expansions.

Lnkn52

The real question is what can't the sword block?

Thanks again guys! First Light House trip for me in year 2, Destiny Bucket List complete.

So I tried COD BLOPS III with my nephews the other day...going from the awesome gunplay in Destiny, this game is terrible.

And then I tried watching some competitive Halo 5 game today on Twitch, even that game is nothing compared to Destiny in terms of gunplay.

There a certain enjoyment to watching a Trials stream on Twitch. If only we could have custom matches, the game wouldn't be so dead in between content expansions.

Destiny gunplay has ruined most other shooters for me.
CoD, Battlefront, etc just don't measure up anymore.

I have some pretty high hopes for ME:A though.

Black Ops is alright. The problem is that I've grown so accustomed to the time to kill in Destiny that it feels too fast in BO3. Still, I appreciate it over Advance Warfare so there is that. As for Halo, I will never understand the hype behind it. I tried watching the tournament today and the maps and viauals was just off for me. But the time to kill looked nice so it has that going for it. But Destiny has amazing gunplay and no one can argue that.

Can you have a lose and still get the Scarab emblem?

Don't think so. Pretty sure you have to win. At least mine and everyone else I know who has it got it after a win.

Edit: if you mean can you have a loss on your card, yeah I'm pretty sure you can. But you have to win a game to get it as a post game reward.

@Neo: it's mainly RNG drop from any win after getting 9 wins on a card. I've heard it can drop from gold tier packages as well but everyone I know got it after a win.

ERMint13

Don't think so. Pretty sure you have to win. At least mine and everyone else I know who has it got it after a win.

Edit: if you mean can you have a loss on your card, yeah I'm pretty sure you can. But you have to win a game to get it as a post game reward.

@Neo: it's mainly RNG drop from any win after getting 9 wins on a card. I've heard it can drop from gold tier packages as well but everyone I know got it after a win.

Thanks.

Yep we are at 11 and 1 with the boons I guess 11 and 0. No loses on the card besides the boon one.

Figured we'd just try to keep going and see if someone could get it.

the_id

Black Ops is alright. The problem is that I've grown so accustomed to the time to kill in Destiny that it feels too fast in BO3. Still, I appreciate it over Advance Warfare so there is that. As for Halo, I will never understand the hype behind it. I tried watching the tournament today and the maps and viauals was just off for me. But the time to kill looked nice so it has that going for it. But Destiny has amazing gunplay and no one can argue that.
I watched that tournament as well, I just couldn't enjoy watching it and I love Halo to pieces. But my biased subconscious says that its nothing compared to watching a PVP match in Destiny.

You're right though, I think part of it is the time to kill in Destiny. Some of it is also the animation in the game, sound of the guns, the FEEL of the guns, which I don't know how describe it properly but there is something about the FEEL of the guns in this game.

On top of that, this maybe be a controversial thought, but playing in 3 vs 3 is like playing a tactical fighting game. The mental game that goes into planning the supers, the heavies, the snipes. 3v3 is where this game truly shines.

I like Mass Effect, though I suspect BioWare might not do such a great thing with the Gunplay mechanics, it will be part of the RPG system and balancing that might not be so easy.

I like the shooting in EDF 4.1.

Maybe it's because the weapons are so much fun though. But yeah Destiny has ruined alotta games in general for me.

Haha. All good. Let me know if you're still going and I'll join.

Let me know when. I'll be up for a while

PSN: frailimb

Hey guys, we finished our run earlier then I took a break for awhile since Igor had to go to bed so there's been no one around to help. I know Id wants to make a real try for Mercury so we should wait for a strong 3rd, but if Frailimb just wants to play some matches without caring too much about winning I could help w that. Probably play on Grave's account to get some more gear for him.

maomaoIYP

Hey guys, we finished our run earlier then I took a break for awhile since Igor had to go to bed so there's been no one around to help. I know Id wants to make a real try for Mercury so we should wait for a strong 3rd, but if Frailimb just wants to play some matches without caring too much about winning I could help w that. Probably play on Grave's account to get some more gear for him.

Let me know if you guys need a third? Just came back from Cambodia, need bounties etc.

I'm alright with that.

the_id

All good Drizz, maybe tomorrow or some other day. I've got to tidy the house with the Mrs.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Blind Watch fucking sucks for Trials. I've never had less fun in Trials than I've had this weekend. I'm surprised, because I normally like this map quite a bit... but the Bravo spawn in particular is just a miserable place to play. Totally opposite of a play style that I enjoy.

1st time in the OT history that I had to go to page 2 to find thread.

Missed Xur this weekend so missed chance for Thorn or Red Death.

Woooooow. Just realized it's been 3 hours and 3 minutes between posts. That's crazy. Honestly that's probably the longest lull between posts in DGAF history. It may be the first time we've ever dropped to the second page of Community

:-/

Top Bottom