• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Tri4

Woooooow. Just realized it's been 3 hours and 3 minutes between posts. That's crazy. Honestly that's probably the longest lull between posts in DGAF history. It may be the first time we've ever dropped to the second page of Community

:-/
We just need something to bring us back.

Now's a good time to announce a new DLC, bungie. Also fix that horrible PvP lag.

We just need something to bring us back.

Now's a good time to announce a new DLC, bungie. Also fix that horrible PvP lag.

For sure, I don't blame anyone (i.e. everyone lol) for moving on currently. There's nothing to do and Bungie has given us no reason to stick around. I'm only still here to help the community as per usual even if there're not a lot of people looking for help.

Even so, tonight we did some really fun Trials matches with a newbie who had never played Trials before. Managed to go 8-2 en route to finishing all the bounties, would've been a hair away from Mercury except he didn't have any passage coins haha. I still enjoy doing stuff like that even if the game itself isn't appealing.

The PvP lag especially has killed any serious interest I would've had with the game. Fingers crossed the BWU on Thursday will actually rekindle some interest but I'm keeping expectations as low as possible. Even if the Spring event is larger than Festival of Lost and SRL, that doesn't set the bar very high. They made their money on Destiny 1, it's all hands on deck for September.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't mean this negatively at all. Companies exist to make money, that's a good thing. Otherwise lots of talented people would be unemployed. Destiny 1 is one of my favorite games ever and Destiny 2 will be fucking phenomenal I'm sure.

SgtCobra

"The meta is fine right now"
getout.gif
Only thing they kinda got rid of were the blinking shotgunners and the HoW shotgun trifecta.
Now with the Thorn making a comeback (some people at Bungie really seem to have a hard on for Toland) it's almost back to its shitty state but without top tier pulse rifles.
Really interested in what the february update brings, spawning without special ammo and fewer ammo per package would be a godsend.

i'm not very skilled, but i do use Telesto and a Shotgun only in Trials :D check out our great comeback in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-jb2JL5mA
Heh nice comeback! Back when I played trials comebacks like these were what made that gamemode for me. I regret not picking up the Telesto back then, but my Plug One with almost maxed stability and rangefinder is serving me very well.

The gunsmith better have that Thesan FR4 package next week though :mad:

Tri4

For sure, I don't blame anyone (i.e. everyone lol) for moving on currently. There's nothing to do and Bungie has given us no reason to stick around. I'm only still here to help the community as per usual even if there're not a lot of people looking for help.

Even so, tonight we did some really fun Trials matches with a newbie who had never played Trials before. Managed to go 8-2 en route to finishing all the bounties, would've been a hair away from Mercury except he didn't have any passage coins haha. I still enjoy doing stuff like that even if the game itself isn't appealing.

The PvP lag especially has killed any serious interest I would've had with the game. Fingers crossed the BWU on Thursday will actually rekindle some interest but I'm keeping expectations as low as possible. Even if the Spring event is larger than Festival of Lost and SRL, that doesn't set the bar very high. They made their money on Destiny 1, it's all hands on deck for September.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't mean this negatively at all. Companies exist to make money, that's a good thing. Otherwise lots of talented people would be unemployed. Destiny 1 is one of my favorite games ever and Destiny 2 will be fucking phenomenal I'm sure.
I don't really have high hopes for the new event. It's probably going to be very small scale and backed by a good amount of microtransactions. I do still think there's opportunity for another expansion before Destiny 2 gets dropped, though it's probably gonna feel lacklustre coming from TTK. Better than hat party at least.

and if you like helping scrubs through trials.. I wouldn't mind letting you help me.

Deku Tree

I don't really have high hopes for the new event. It's probably going to be very small scale and backed by a good amount of microtransactions. I do still think there's opportunity for another expansion before Destiny 2 gets dropped, though it's probably gonna feel lacklustre coming from TTK. Better than hat party at least.

and if you like helping scrubs through trials.. I wouldn't mind letting you help me.

The next event is going to be for valentines day IMO. Last year they gave us a new game type (doubles) for valentines day.

Fingers crossed the BWU on Thursday will actually rekindle some interest but I'm keeping expectations as low as possible. Even if the Spring event is larger than Festival of Lost and SRL, that doesn't set the bar very high. They made their money on Destiny 1, it's all hands on deck for September.

Activity will increase next week around the BWU, mostly due to the anticipation about getting some sort of "new content". I'm honestly not very optimistic because if there was anything new to be announced, they would have teased something already.

My money is on them revealing the crimson doubles mode or w/e it's called for next month, maybe revealing dates for the next IB and some content drop meant for later in the quarter.

Deku Tree

Activity will increase next week around the BWU, mostly due to the anticipation about getting some sort of "new content". I'm honestly not very optimistic because if there was anything new to be announced, they would have teased something already.

My money is on them revealing the crimson doubles mode or w/e it's called for next month, maybe revealing dates for the next IB and some content drop meant for later in the quarter.

Valentine's emotes for sale, Valentine's masks, tower decorated, some light quests, an exclusive really cool pay only gotten with RNG mask, crimson doubles.

Namikaze1

Trials or Walking Dead Season 2
Trials or Walking Dead Season 2

Ugh I'm bored. Don't know what to do. -__-

Maybe I should check that baby site like I was supposed to the other day...

WeTeHa

So.... is anybody running a full hard mode king's fall raid who would be willing to take me along for my first HM?

I play a ~310 nightstalker and have a touch of malice and black spindle.

I have done all the mechanics except hold golgoroth's gaze, however I'd be thankful for any tips on how to do better when I screw up.

Valentine's emotes for sale, Valentine's masks, tower decorated, some light quests, an exclusive really cool pay only gotten with RNG mask, crimson doubles.

Ugh, as if it was not a factitious day in the first place, don't need more cosmetic crap.

I don't even recall crimson doubles from last year, how is it even different from regular doubles?

San....Nami your fucking avatar. I didn't even recognize you.

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE GETTING MARRIED?
Que people confused, cause they don't read OP.

Im just here, cause I miss you guys. I have nothing productive to say. ;_;
See you all in The Division. Its modern day Destiny before the collapse. Lol

Namikaze1

San....Nami your fucking avatar. I didn't even recognize you.

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE GETTING MARRIED?
Que people confused, cause they don't read OP.

Im just here, cause I miss you guys. I have nothing productive to say. ;_;
See you all in The Division. Its modern day Destiny before the collapse. Lol
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

I miss you too, Math! *insert crying Sanji pic*
You gonna play the beta? Taking a short Destiny break while the Beta is up.

As for the avatar, Todd said to get a disguise for DivisionGAF.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

Invading DivisionGaf. Lol

I might. The bullet sponginess is a little worrisome. Looks worse then Destiny.

Namikaze1

Invading DivisionGaf. Lol

I might. The bullet sponginess is a little worrisome. Looks worse then Destiny.
Yeah, I've seen the videos and not liking the sponginess. It's why I'm haven't properly preorder the game. I "preordered" it on Amazon just to get a code for the beta. If I like the beta enough, I may end up buying the game. For now, I'm just taking the wait and see approach. Only two games I want in the first half of the year that have a release date: Uncharted 4 and dark souls 3. All others not so much. would include No Man's Sky but we still don't have a release date.

Sorry, was in the middle of a run with Feetie and Trout. Just got my Warlock to Mercury but I'd be down for a run on my Hunter if you're still around. I know you had limited availability today but just let me know what works for your schedule.

Its cool, i had to leave early for the thing i had mentioned that will take most of my day (family barbeque - completely different from what you may have in mind since brazilian bbq is very different from the american one). I'll also still go to the movies later in the day but i'll be able to play a few hours so hopefully our times align :p

Its cool, i had to leave early for the thing i had mentioned that will take most of my day (family barbeque - completely different from what you may have in mind since brazilian bbq is very different from the american one). I'll also still go to the movies later in the day but i'll be able to play a few hours so hopefully our times align :p

Right on, that will probably work out if it's later. I'll take a break for awhile now anyway since I've done like 25 matches already this morning. A little Trials'ed out for now but I'll be re-energized later.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
I have Destiny for PS4 currently, a friend of mine just got it for PS3. If I buy a PS3 copy to play with them will I have to start fresh, or will I be able to use my current characters? Anybody know?

Jafku

I have Destiny for PS4 currently, a friend of mine just got it for PS3. If I buy a PS3 copy to play with them will I have to start fresh, or will I be able to use my current characters? Anybody know?
I'm fairly certain you would have to start fresh
edit: I was wrong. Sorry about that

Rather get your PS3 friend to buy a PS4 with Destiny.

But yes, you can use the same character across PS3 and PS4.

I'm fairly certain you would have to start fresh

No.

From Bungie:

As long as you use the same profile, your characters will be there when you log into in game. If you still own both systems, you can freely switch between them.

Witcher 3 is growing one me. Story, characters, and world are really drawing me in. Gameplay, not so much. I just made it to
Novigrad
. 13 hours in.

I should be up for some Trails later tonight. I need an attempt with my Hunter.

Witcher 3 is growing one me. Story, characters, and world are really drawing me in. Gameplay, not so much. I just made it to
Novigrad
. 13 hours in.

Glad to hear it. I'm 300 hours in, platinum'd it earlier today. Playing the DLC now.

Novigrad quests are cool: mix of combat, politics and whatnot. Just wait till you get to Skellige and fall in love.

Anyone running trials on PS4? Never been to Mercury.:. On PS4 that is. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

PSN: W193D0UT

I'm taking a break now but if either of you are playing later tonight I'll be down to help. I'll play w anyone and everyone but if flawless is the goal we should get a strong 3rd to help.

Blind Watch fucking sucks for Trials. I've never had less fun in Trials than I've had this weekend. I'm surprised, because I normally like this map quite a bit... but the Bravo spawn in particular is just a miserable place to play. Totally opposite of a play style that I enjoy.

Yeah, it's not a good Trials map. Spawns are just silly unbalanced. Any map with a strong directionality like this is bad for Trials, they need to pick square layouts like Burning Shrine and Exodus Blue. They also need to start alternating spawns every round, it's just dumb to make people spawn the same side every time during a match.

You can still win from bottom/Bravo spawn but it's just annoying. There's no good way to push top unless that team falls asleep. So lots of games devolve into bottom spawn not wanting to push the high ground at a disadvantage and top spawn not wanting to give up their advantage by pushing on the bottom campers. Zzzzzzz....

Novigrad
. 13 hours in.

Play the sidequests breh. All of them sidequests. The game shines in quests and story. Gameplay i thought was quite good but its no Dragons Dogma.

I called Blind Watch being garbage. I'll probably do a run with my crew later today.

Anyone else going to try out the beta for the Division? I want to see if the game will actually be good since it's aiming to be somewhat similar to Destiny.

todd360

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

Still working on my disguise. Its will be some of my best work.

Edit: Just preordered on amazon to get beta access. Will cancel once I get the code lol.

WipedOut

I'm taking a break now but if either of you are playing later tonight I'll be down to help. I'll play w anyone and everyone but if flawless is the goal we should get a strong 3rd to help.

Yeah, it's not a good Trials map. Spawns are just silly unbalanced. Any map with a strong directionality like this is bad for Trials, they need to pick square layouts like Burning Shrine and Exodus Blue. They also need to start alternating spawns every round, it's just dumb to make people spawn the same side every time during a match.

You can still win from bottom/Bravo spawn but it's just annoying. There's no good way to push top unless that team falls asleep. So lots of games devolve into bottom spawn not wanting to push the high ground at a disadvantage and top spawn not wanting to give up their advantage by pushing on the bottom campers. Zzzzzzz....
Yeah I should be on later tonight, I'm just down to play, this map is pure ass for trials so I'm down to just play and see what happens. Played a little on Xbox last night and all the try hards are out.

Woooooow. Just realized it's been 3 hours and 3 minutes between posts. That's crazy. Honestly that's probably the longest lull between posts in DGAF history. It may be the first time we've ever dropped to the second page of Community

:-/

Time to move on into The Division until Destiny 2 is released.

E92 M3

I don't know why you guys are so excited about Division. I watched all of the footage out there and it just seems like a cover-based shooter with RPG mechanics. And the shooting itself seems rather average. Just don't see Ubisoft having a proper sustainment plan like Bungie. And it's not fun playing an MMO type game that becomes irrelevant in 8 months. I'm putting all of my chips on Destiny for this genre type.

I called Blind Watch being garbage. I'll probably do a run with my crew later today.

Anyone else going to try out the beta for the Division? I want to see if the game will actually be good since it's aiming to be somewhat similar to Destiny.

Time to move on into The Division until Destiny 2 is released.

Just got my pre-order code, but trying to decide if I should go PC Master Race for performance or PS4 for people. Anybody here getting PC beta?

Honestly I'll be surprised if the game grabs me given the gameplay previews I've seen but it's still worth checking out. Odds I cancel the pre-order are pretty high but I guess that's the point of the beta.

Yeah I should be on later tonight, I'm just down to play, this map is pure ass for trials so I'm down to just play and see what happens. Played a little on Xbox last night and all the try hards are out.

The try-hards are all that remain. Why would any casuals still be wasting their time with this game, lol.

Glad to hear it. I'm 300 hours in, platinum'd it earlier today. Playing the DLC now..

Didn't you start it like a week ago? I worry about you sometimes DJ.

I don't know why you guys are so excited about Division. I watched all of the footage out there and it just seems like a cover-based shooter with RPG mechanics. And the shooting itself seems rather average. Just don't see Ubisoft having a proper sustainment plan like Bungie. And it's not fun playing an MMO type game that becomes irrelevant in 8 months. I'm putting all of my chips on Destiny for this genre type.

We only need our punishing RNG needs satisfied for probably less than 6 months! Thats 10$/month, Division is good value :D

Novigrad
. 13 hours in.

Eh I dropped it at 100 hours in. Couldn't stand the combat.
Just got my pre-order code, but trying to decide if I should go PC Master Race for performance or PS4 for people. Anybody here getting PC beta?

Honestly I'll be surprised if the game grabs me given the gameplay previews I've seen but it's still worth checking out. Odds I cancel the pre-order are pretty high but I guess that's the point of the beta.

The try-hards are all that remain. Why would any casuals still be wasting their time with this game, lol.

Didn't you start it like a week ago? I worry about you sometimes DJ.
Add me on steam, same name.

SpecX

What is up with the icon stuck at the postmaster. I have this issue on both my Titan and Hunter. Luckily not on my Warlock, bit that doesn't matter since I rarely use her.

Top Bottom