• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Anyone still need the NF?

Witcher 3 is growing one me. Story, characters, and world are really drawing me in. Gameplay, not so much. I just made it to
Novigrad
. 13 hours in.
giphy.gif

You're finally playing it. You just focusing on the main storyline?

Heh nice comeback! Back when I played trials comebacks like these were what made that gamemode for me. I regret not picking up the Telesto back then, but my Plug One with almost maxed stability and rangefinder is serving me very well.

Telesto's delayed blast works wonders as additional mines and proximity damage. Gets snipers to move and a full blast will kill.

I don't know why you guys are so excited about Division. I watched all of the footage out there and it just seems like a cover-based shooter with RPG mechanics. And the shooting itself seems rather average. Just don't see Ubisoft having a proper sustainment plan like Bungie. And it's not fun playing an MMO type game that becomes irrelevant in 8 months. I'm putting all of my chips on Destiny for this genre type.
It's not like I'm excited, but I would like to get a better feel for it. Destiny lured me in with the demo so perhaps the beta for the Division will do the same.

I was just about to suggest that. Slip into your masterball and then we will put that in one of these.
That OT is ours. Muhahahaha

I don't know why you guys are so excited about Division. I watched all of the footage out there and it just seems like a cover-based shooter with RPG mechanics. And the shooting itself seems rather average. Just don't see Ubisoft having a proper sustainment plan like Bungie. And it's not fun playing an MMO type game that becomes irrelevant in 8 months. I'm putting all of my chips on Destiny for this genre type.
Oh I'm in the same boat. But I need to scratch my itch. Even if it's just a little. And who knows maybe division is the type of game that's better played then shown. That's why I'm doing the beta.

Didn't you start it like a week ago? I worry about you sometimes DJ.

lol no, it's been over 2 weeks now. Already had 70+ hours from when the game out back in July.

What is up with the icon stuck at the postmaster. I have this issue on both my Titan and Hunter. Luckily not on my Warlock, bit that doesn't matter since I rarely use her.

Apparently unequipping the armor of vows NM ship will fix that issue. Weird but it works.

Namikaze1

A perfect plan.
Yes. Perfect. Bwahahahahahahaha!

Hmm. I thought for sure the avatar had a clear background.

Sick. Imma change into my normal attire until its time to make our move.
Soon...

How about that OP episode?

Unfortunately my Giant T-Rex body and glowing eyes are difficult to hide. I'll just smash through the front door for the distraction. You guys slip in unnoticed.

Unless.....*looks at the master ball* 🤔

Edit: lol @Ocean
who needs guns when we have a giant T-Rex wearing pink slippers to rule NY with!

Glad to hear it. I'm 300 hours in, platinum'd it earlier today. Playing the DLC now.

Novigrad quests are cool: mix of combat, politics and whatnot. Just wait till you get to Skellige and fall in love.

Play the sidequests breh. All of them sidequests. The game shines in quests and story. Gameplay i thought was quite good but its no Dragons Dogma.

I'm not going to do everything(I think I will burn out and never finish it if I do), but I really enjoy the main story and the contracts.

Eh I dropped it at 100 hours in. Couldn't stand the combat.

Add me on steam, same name.

The combat is the weakest componement by far. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty so it's been fine for what it is.

Anyone still need the NF?

giphy.gif

You're finally playing it. You just focusing on the main storyline?

Yup. Pretty much just doing the main storyline and sidequests here and there when I need a level or two.

AND to make sure I stay on topic in this thread I'll stop posting about the Wticher, but it's a lot of fun to share how I feel about it with my fellow DGAFers :)

I need some trails later. Won't be until after 5pm CST.

Edit: Any yes, you were right Sushi :p

Namikaze1

I'm not going to do everything(I think I will burn out and never finish it if I do), but I really enjoy the main story and the contracts.

The combat is the weakest componement by far. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty so it's been fine for what it is.

Yup. Pretty much just doing the main storyline and sidequests here and there when I need a level or two.

AND to make sure I stay on topic in this thread I'll stop posting about the Wticher, but it's a lot of fun to share how I feel about it with my fellow DGAFers :)

I need some trails later. Won't be until after 5pm CST.

Edit: Any yes, you were right Sushi :p
Yeah, the story is what kept me going though nothing after Bloody Baron came close to matching its greatness. I did everything back in June. Completed almost every single side quest (except for the Gwent one because I fucking forgot to challenge the baron before he left for good and thus could not complete the stupid quest). Game is great at storytelling, characters, locations, and world-building but gets brought down by the clunky combat system. I really want to start new game plus but I just can't get past the combat.

I got spoiled by games with above average to great combat mechanics last year. Probably why I am being so harsh on Witcher's combat.

AlexBasch

I'm quite a noob in the whole "loot games" stuff so bear with me.

Should I upgrade an item fully before going to the next one with better stats? I just figured out that there's upgrades for armor and stuff, and I don't know if I should stick with some chest armor because it has upgrades or just get the higher lvl/defense one.

Namikaze1

How does the Division beta thing work? I'd have to go for the refund method. Spent too much on games this month.
Preorder the game from Amazon. Amazon will send you a code (not the beta code). You can cancel your preorder after this. Go over to The Division's site and redeem the Amazon code. Ubisoft will send an email congratulating you on getting in the beta. Wait for next week when Ubisoft will send out the beta codes to redeem on the platform you chose when redeeming the Amazon code.

ch4fx_

TROPHY DGAF... I realized today that I'm a bit closer to the platinum that I thought, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get towards the ones I have left.

Raiding Party, Strength of the Pack, &...
Flawless Raider
are the ones I need help with.

If anyone is free & willing to help with these, I'm available all day today & (usually) after 9 CST throughout the week. This is super short notice for this type of thing, so if we need to schedule something throughout the week I'm ok with that.

I'm quite a noob in the whole "loot games" stuff so bear with me.

Should I upgrade an item fully before going to the next one with better stats? I just figured out that there's upgrades for armor and stuff, and I don't know if I should stick with some chest armor because it has upgrades or just get the higher lvl/defense one.
Don't bother with upgrades until you hit level 40 and 280+ light level. Once you get legendary gear with perks you like, then start investing in upgrading and infusion.

Check the OP for lots of good information.

LTWood12

Hang in there DGAF. I actually do recall one previous time where I had to go to page 2 for the OT. I'm still here. Might do some trials today/tonight.

Frenden

Banned
Preorder the game from Amazon. Amazon will send you a code (not the beta code). You can cancel your preorder after this. Go over to The Division's site and redeem the Amazon code. Ubisoft will send an email congratulating you on getting in the beta. Wait for next week when Ubisoft will send out the beta codes to redeem on the platform you chose when redeeming the Amazon code.

Danke, Nami!

WipedOut

TROPHY DGAF... I realized today that I'm a bit closer to the platinum that I thought, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get towards the ones I have left.

Raiding Party, Strength of the Pack, &...
Flawless Raider
are the ones I need help with.

If anyone is free & willing to help with these, I'm available all day today & (usually) after 9 CST throughout the week. This is super short notice for this type of thing, so if we need to schedule something throughout the week I'm ok with that.

I need all those as well

SpecX

lol no, it's been over 2 weeks now. Already had 70+ hours from when the game out back in July.

Apparently unequipping the armor of vows NM ship will fix that issue. Weird but it works.
Wtf, the ship is causing the bug? I guess it makes sense seeing that both my Titan and Hunter have that ship equipped and my Warlock doesn't.

neoism

anyone know if you need psn+ for the beta?

75 out of 100 Salvage wins. Glad I had Cuco with me since we had a nice winning streak at one point and it's great having someone that knows how the play the game mode.

I'm almost done with my Warlock PVP kills 4,768/5,000. Once I finish this I can quickly get the last 100 I need for my Titan and then switch back to my Hunter main. . can't wait to be a Hunter again.

Frenden

Banned

Ordered, got my code, cancelled--worked perfectly. When do we invade the OT? :p

Destiny, oh, Destiny. Please announce something good this week. I still love your shooting more than any FPS since Doom/Doom II, Quake, and Tribes.

EL CUCO

75 out of 100 Salvage wins. Glad I had Cuco with me since we had a nice winning streak at one point and it's great having someone that knows how the play the game mode.

I'm almost done with my Warlock PVP kills 4,768/5,000. Once I finish this I can quickly get the last 100 I need for my Titan and then switch back to my Hunter main. . can't wait to be a Hunter again.
👍

For those first few games I didn't have Focused Burst unlocked and it was complete torture. Once I unlocked it I was able to have some mobility again. Warlock glide is so bad for pvp

👍

For those first few games I didn't have Focused Burst unlocked and it was complete torture. Once I unlocked it I was able to have some mobility again. Warlock glide is so bad for pvp
It's terrible for everything. But the #1 rank for trials made the jump seem good with max agility and I envy whoever can do that.

I like Mass Effect, though I suspect BioWare might not do such a great thing with the Gunplay mechanics, it will be part of the RPG system and balancing that might not be so easy.

3 had the best combat in the series, and it really showed in MP.
Hoping that continues, because I'd sink all kinds of hours into that.

ocean

Banned
Best grenade in the game by a mile - Viking Firebolt for that extra crisp
Best melee in the game - overshield on hit bitches
Arguably best Exotics - spawn with grenade, gain highest possible armor to survive tons of BS, chance to spawn with shields or randomly regen super, arms that turn nades into mini purple Gjallarhorns etc. soon gauntlets with QuickDraw (that's gonna be OP as shit)

If Sunsingers had blink they'd be the only viable class for serious PvP, the ability tree is so damn stacked that floaty jump is a balancing handicap.

Top Bottom