• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Nice to see Division talk in this thread... means my friends list will carry straight over from Destiny to Division when it launches :lol

I plan on giving it a go, but I know what's kept me hooked on Destiny for so long has been the great movement and gun play. If Division doesn't have that then it won't be a long term thing for me.

Best grenade in the game by a mile - Viking Firebolt for that extra crisp
Best melee in the game - overshield on hit bitches
Arguably best Exotics - spawn with grenade, gain highest possible armor to survive tons of BS, chance to spawn with shields or randomly regen super, arms that turn nades into mini purple Gjallarhorns etc. soon gauntlets with QuickDraw (that's gonna be OP as shit)

If Sunsingers had blink they'd be the only viable class for serious PvP, the ability tree is so damn stacked that floaty jump is a balancing handicap.
I'm still salty arcbolt grenades got nerfed but not firebolt grenades. Nice bandana btw lol.
Nice to see Division talk in this thread... means my friends list will carry straight over from Destiny to Division when it launches :lol

I plan on giving it a go, but I know what's kept me hooked on Destiny for so long has been the great movement and gun play. If Division doesn't have that then it won't be a long term thing for me.
Yeah, I'm going to try out the beta and see how it goes. I wonder if it'll have the same effect as Destiny on me.

If you are playing Salvage early on and your teammates ignore reviving you to chase after an enemy, leave.

I feel like I'm good at gauging how good a team will be early on in the game by the time the first salvage point has been captured.

I finally did the TLW quest for Chaperone on accident, and paid the cryptarch 15k and now have 125 glimmer. That's such a lame part of the quest.

I finally did the TLW quest for Chaperone on accident, and paid the cryptarch 15k and now have 125 glimmer. That's such a lame part of the quest.

"Can we think of a way to add an extra grind for our players that doesn't really make sense?" -Destiny's Alpha Team

Yea go grind for glimmer, and then when you are done you will probably grind for more glimmer since we just took it all.

It's snowing in New York City! I'll be even more immersed while playing The Division

"Can we think of a way to add an extra grind for our players that doesn't really make sense?" -Destiny's Alpha Team

Yea go grind for glimmer, and then when you are done you will probably grind for more glimmer since we just took it all.

I'm also bored and practicing nightstalker + shotguns. I feel so awkward shotgunning.

ocean

Banned
Absent anything else to get in the game, new goal:

Two more Exotic cloaks. Just need 20 more ranks on NM and then 20 more ranks on FWC.

I'm also bored and practicing nightstalker + shotguns. I feel so awkward shotgunning.

I basically gave up on shotgunning this meta since I am unable to master shadestep + shotgun combo. I just snipe and pray the guy sniping battling me sucks

It's snowing in New York City! I'll be even more immersed while playing The Division
Stop being so cheeky ;)

Absent anything else to get in the game, new goal:

Two more Exotic cloaks. Just need 20 more ranks on NM and then 20 more ranks on FWC.

Won't this take quite some time?

Daemul

I've actually been thinking of deleting one of my Hunters and starting a Warlock for a while now, but the grind to level up the subclasses and getting gear keeps putting me off. If it was as easy to level up rep and subclasses as it was in year 1 thanks to the 5k bounties and nightfall experience bonus we used to get I probably would have probably started a Warlcok by now, but with exp gains neutered I can't be bothered man.

I knew I should have started a Warlock in Year 1 when I had the chance.

ocean

Banned
I've actually been thinking of deleting one of my Hunters and starting a Warlock for a while now, but the grind to level up the subclasses and getting gear keeps putting me off. If it was as easy to level up rep and subclasses as it was in year 1 thanks to the 5k bounties and nightfall experience bonus we used to get I probably would have probably started a Warlcok by now, but I can't be bothered man.
Tbf if you haven't used your Spark of Light you can skip right to level 25 + first TTK mission = Stormcaller unlocked. It comes with several abilities and with the Exotic bond leveling it up is fairly quick.

Getting the two legacy subclasses leveled is pure cancer though.

Re: Exotic cloaks: yeah it'll take forever. :(

I always kept int/disc everything but now that I'm practicing a shotgunning nightstalker, I need disc/str. If only we had more vault space I'd have great builds.

Daemul

Tbf if you haven't used your Spark of Light you can skip right to level 25 + first TTK mission = Stormcaller unlocked. It comes with several abilities and with the Exotic bond leveling it up is fairly quick.

Getting the two legacy subclasses leveled is pure cancer though.

Re: Exotic cloaks: yeah it'll take forever. :(

I think I used my spark when I recreated my 3rd Hunter, so I'm SoL on that department. But my potential(and extremely unlikely since I don't have any intention of doing it at this point) grind is nothing compared to the one you're going to be facing though. 40 faction levels to get two class items.

RIP.

EL CUCO

I can see some bans happening for bringing up Destiny in the Division OT. Some people don't take too kind to us folks.
Everyone is just going to resort to talking about it here instead of The Division OT. happened with Bloodborne.
______

There has to be like 50 people playing Inferno Clash. It's taken about 10-15 min to start up a new match once somebody leaves.

GutZ31

Would like to do a normal Kings Fall raid in about 30 minutes if anyone is up for it.
A friend of mine hasn't done the raid, and I'm just trying to let him experience it.

1.GutZ31
2.friend

First timers welcome, just ask that your character is 280+, and ideally, a 290+ sniper rifle.

Dez_

Would like to do a normal Kings Fall raid in about 30 minutes if anyone is up for it.
A friend of mine hasn't done the raid, and I'm just trying to let him experience it.

1.GutZ31
2.friend

First timers welcome, just ask that your character is 280+, and ideally, a 290+ sniper rifle.
I can join. Haven't completed KF on my titan yet. PSN: rcmDez

ocean

Banned
I think I used my spark when I recreated my 3rd Hunter, so I'm SoL on that department. But my potential(and extremely unlikely since I don't have any intention of doing it at this point) grind is nothing compared to the one you're going to be facing though. 40 faction levels to get two class items.

RIP.
20 faction ranks is 2,500 Motes.
Rip in pieces Ocean, this is a task for the insane.

GlamFM

Banned

1.GutZ31
2.friend

There:

Any raids going on today? First timer looking to break 300 and learn a bit!

Psn the1ski

polarbair

Neo Member

1.GutZ31
2.friend

Can I join?
PSN: polarbair

Jafku

1.GutZ31
2.friend

Gutz if you need any help let me know

The1Ski

1.GutZ31
2.friend

Boo yeah. The1ski is interested!

NastyBook

1.GutZ31
2.friend

This fill up? Really need to take my Warlock through this. He's got zero Raid gear.
PSN: GibbShift

WipedOut

1.GutZ31
2.friend

If you still need someone, I can run it.

PSN W193D0UT

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

1.GutZ31
2.friend

I'll go if you need 1 more. Never killed oryx.

Psn Bicep_Curls

Top Bottom