• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

GlamFM

Banned
Picked up Witcher 3 again over the weekend.

Played it for a bit when it came out, but stopped because.... Destiny.

soooooo good.gif.

Toki767

I got to about level 17 in a bit more than an afternoons worth of playing this game. Does anyone actually pay for the 25 level boost?

PS Store ratings have about 160+ ratings total between the 3 classes on PS4/PS3, so yeah, it seems like some people actually payed for it.

PS Store ratings have about 160+ ratings total between the 3 classes on PS4/PS3, so yeah, it seems like some people actually payed for it.

Seems like a waste of money, I wonder what kind of person is actually paying for it. Is it meant for someone who's on their 2nd or 3rd character that doesn't want to bother with early game stuff?

Bunny hops ftw bro, smh. This clip was a useful reminder for me to not take this game too seriously after our last match was making me rage, lol.

Thanks again for the help. We had some close matches but managed to run two undefeated cards including deflowering another Y2 virgin. Even w Vaal doing his best to sabotage us Kappa. Vaal redeemed himself by making the play of the day. B I G P L A Y B O Y Z

Always fun playing w you dude. We usually manage to balance our play well: one of us clutches when the other scrubs and vice versa, haha.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Finally done with Doubles wins and achieved honest to goodness max grimoire. How disturbing it was to learn that I wasn't really maxed when I found out the Doubles card was bugged and not properly showing that it had extra points for 25, 50, and 100 wins. Never again :lol

x3z2OLw.jpg

maomaoIYP

Whats the rewards like for Shaxx? As i have finally got his weekly bounties available to me.
Exotics, ghosts, strange coins, ToCs and crucible exclusive weapons (eyasluna, red spectre, ash factory, party crasher, and that high impact pulse).
No emotes or horn kits, or at least I've never seen them drop. I've done them three times a week since week 2.

Just spent the past hour trying to get the taken zealot to arrive on earth and just when I'm about to kill it a public event happens and he teleports out.

This.
Fuckin.
Game.

Ghazi

Thanks for the run Ghaz and Drizzay. Forgot how the gun play is in this game. :p
Anytime!
Bunny hops ftw bro, smh. This clip was a useful reminder for me to not take this game too seriously after our last match was making me rage, lol.

Thanks again for the help. We had some close matches but managed to run two undefeated cards including deflowering another Y2 virgin. Even w Vaal doing his best to sabotage us Kappa. Vaal redeemed himself by making the play of the day. B I G P L A Y B O Y Z

Always fun playing w you dude. We usually manage to balance our play well: one of us clutches when the other scrubs and vice versa, haha.
Yeah, man, being on edge makes it hard to have a good time. The lag makes it really hard to play well, though. I have a blast playing with you and I agree that we have some good synergy going on!

NastyBook

This Grasp of Malok fucking MELTS. I really need a Raid primary to infuse into this thing. Still like using my Payment VI, though. The ROF on it doesn't touch this thing, though.

Whats the best way to get an Eyasluna? I need to own that one, seems like a Legendary un-nerfed Hawkmoon.

Don't get your hopes up nearly that high. Even w a god roll hand cannons have been nerfed way too much for that.

Eyasluna is a Crucible weapon so it can drop as a post match reward or as a reward from Shaxx weekly bounties.

Matt Frost

Don't get your hopes up nearly that high. Even w a god roll hand cannons have been nerfed way too much for that.

Eyasluna is a Crucible weapon so it can drop as a post match reward or as a reward from Shaxx weekly bounties.

Thanks, more clear now... but a new question.... Whats the "Shaxx weekly bounties" and how do I access them? Been hearing about this but never knew how to access this?

I play Crucible with a Hunter mostly, have all adventures done except two: one right now asks me to earn 4 points in the "Crack" mode (english is not my primary language sorry) for the Dead Orbit and before asked me to win 4 points on Control and the other is kill people with the fire subclass knife. Only those two. I guess these arent weekly bounties? Please help me.

SgtCobra

Whats the best way to get an Eyasluna? I need to own that one, seems like a Legendary un-nerfed Hawkmoon.
I've got one with SureShot IS, Hidden Hand and hammer forged and even then I find it to be not as accurate as the Hawkmoon used to be.
It's not really worth the grind in my opinion.

Thanks, more clear now... but a new question.... Whats the "Shaxx weekly bounties" and how do I access them? Been hearing about this but never knew how to access this?

I play Crucible with a Hunter mostly, have all adventures done except two: one right now asks me to earn 4 points in the "Crack" mode (english is not my primary language sorry) for the Dead Orbit and before asked me to win 4 points on Control and the other is kill people with the fire subclass knife. Only those two. I guess these arent weekly bounties? Please help me.

those are quests, after earning the points in all game modes in that questline, Shaxx will have his own set of bounties for you. Just like the bounty robot that gives out daily bounties but Shaxx only gives one set every week.

Matt Frost

I've got one with SureShot IS, Hidden Hand and hammer forged and even then I find it to be not as accurate as the Hawkmoon used to be.
It's not really worth the grind in my opinion.

Yeah but apart from those two adventures and do a flawless on Osiris (yesterday I did 8 out of 9, that match felt like a World Cup Final) is the only thing I have left to do: earn the couple of weapons I dont have (the exotic which looks like a mini gun -but without the actual effect of the minigun boooo-, the exotic fire sword and Boolean Gemini.

I love this game so much I refuse to let it go

Matt Frost

those are quests, after earning the points in all game modes in that questline, Shaxx will have his own set of bounties for you. Just like the bounty robot that gives out daily bounties but Shaxx only gives one set every week.

Thanks so much, now is clear... I will try to finish that quest today and jump in those Shaxx missions. Thanks soooo muucchhhh!!!!!

Tri4

I have like 5, all dropped from crucible. I have some good rolls, but they all have pretty high stability. Sounds weird but high stability on handcannons is not that good IMO. The recoil on guns like thorn, hawkmoon and ace of spades are low but very manageable. Especially the mid/low rate of fire HCs.

Number45

Just spent the past hour trying to get the taken zealot to arrive on earth and just when I'm about to kill it a public event happens and he teleports out.

This.
Fuckin.
Game.
Did these last night. That fucking rocket yards one is a nightmare - just making sure you can find all of the lieutenants to start with and he spawns at a location it's almost impossible to get line of sight and some distance.

That said, they don't teleport out on a public event so it must have been the de-spawn timer.

Matt Frost

Did these last night. That fucking rocket yards one is a nightmare - just making sure you can find all of the lieutenants to start with and he spawns at a location it's almost impossible to get line of sight and some distance.

That said, they don't teleport out on a public event so it must have been the de-spawn timer.

The void exotic sword does the trick with this Urzok with R2 and incremented damage perk. And with a lot of enemies on PvE. I absolutely love and adore exotic swords (specially the void one, the arc on is fun as well, dont have fire), they are the best thing in Destiny (and every other game lol). Love to kill them all (even using heavy ammo packets). How we need the big cannon that some ultra Captains have sometimes

Number45

The void exotic sword does the trick with this Urzok with R2 and incremented damage perk. And with a lot of enemies on PvE. I absolutely love and adore exotic swords (specially the void one, the arc on is fun as well, dont have fire), they are the best thing in Destiny (and every other game lol). Love to kill them all (even using heavy ammo packets). How we need the big cannon that some ultra Captains have sometimes
Yeah, I have all of the swords but for some reason didn't think of using them here. Fortunately someone else zoned in and we managed to get him down in time.

Skele7on

Banned
Did doubles wins solo across weekend.

It was fairly easy, although people using Thorn and Blink fuck off.

NLB skills are at an all time high.

Message of the weekend

"Wow your aim assist was on that game" - coming from a guy using 1000 yard.

Mostly messages applauding my sniping though which was nice, people are so nice on destiny

I really should train for new meta, but I simply cannot be assed, I have given up on it for a while as just can't be bothered to relearn, I am perfectly happy as a NLB user even if it means in trials (if and when I ever go again) will just be a bit more of a challenge, depending on map of course.

Matt Frost

Yeah, I have all of the swords but for some reason didn't think of using them here. Fortunately someone else zoned in and we managed to get him down in time.

The thing with exotic swords is that... they dont really have much use and Bungie doesnt encourage players to use them. Bungie needs to have a raid (I know and use the trick on the Totems but still) in which we use swords and Sparrows. That would be amazing and something fresh other than Vault of Glass mechanics over and over (Crota´s End was fun). I remember on the last expansion when Urzok was even harder to kill than Crota... Damn that was though... and to my surprise it still is... I needed to kill a hidden Taken thing and both events happened at the same time... hell indeed. Urzok managed to go away alive...

Number45

The thing with exotic swords is that... they dont really have much use and Bungie doesnt encourage players to use them. Bungie needs to have a raid (I know and use the trick on the Totems but still) in which we use swords and Sparrows. That would be amazing and something fresh other than Vault of Glass mechanics over and over (Crota´s End was fun). I remember on the last expansion when Urzok was even harder to kill than Crota... Damn that was though... and to my surprise it still is... I needed to kill a hidden Taken thing and both events happened at the same time... hell indeed. Urzok managed to go away alive...
I actually killed him over the weekend for the first time, with the Raze Lighter (which is just ridiculous at melting single targets). Usually when that event spawns I keep my head down and do whatever I need to do - I do love that Skywatch area though when everything pops up at once. Total chaos.

Matt Frost

I forgot to mention that yesterday night I dreamt with Destiny (as usual) but this time it was an assault, a new one... (story arc: fallen were trying to blow up earth from within lol) me and my friends were going down an underground river with lots of blind falls, with Fallen awaiting setting up traps on them (lots of sword fallen captains), and you had to fight also the current of the river (also had jumping sections down cascades with water fog) while fighting all those captains. Swords were at hand and it all ended with a fight with a huge sword fallen captain in a lava pit full of water vapor that you had to parry his attacks to counter attack. It was pretty awesome. Hope Bungie read this and adds it.

I actually killed him over the weekend for the first time, with the Raze Lighter (which is just ridiculous at melting single targets). Usually when that event spawns I keep my head down and do whatever I need to do - I do love that Skywatch area though when everything pops up at once. Total chaos.

I need that sword, but the hassle (the mission to farm the "ingredients" is awfully long and tiring) is high. Done that twice (arc recently) and cant cope with a third for a while...

From what I seen, Raze Lighter needs to have more effects to it like the arc and void sword. Bungie needs to add some flaming effects for the animations and a big "bam" when it hits the target, would be more satisfying to use for sure.

Number45

I need that sword, but the hassle (the mission to farm the "ingredients" is awfully long and tiring) is high. Only 1 I have left.

From what I seen, Raze Lighter needs to have more effects to it like the arc and void sword. Bungie needs to add some flaming effects for the animations and a big "bam" when it hits the target, would be more satisfying to use for sure.
I find the R2 pretty satisfying on it to be honest, but a massive fiery explosion wouldn't go amiss. I did all of the swords the long and hard way (including void... on my titan) and as much as I'd like the convenience of having all of them on each character I'm *NEVER* running through those quests again.

Same goes for BS and ToM, although I guess I could get another BS if I help* someone through it.

* - I suck at this mission.

Matt Frost

I find the R2 pretty satisfying on it to be honest, but a massive fiery explosion wouldn't go amiss. I did all of the swords the long and hard way (including void... on my titan) and as much as I'd like the convenience of having all of them on each character I'm *NEVER* running through those quests again.

Same goes for BS and ToM, although I guess I could get another BS if I help* someone through it.

* - I suck at this mission.

A friend did that with a titan as well, hardest of them all for sure.

For that mission: two Defender titans (and the person you're trying to help cleaning the mobs around) with shield bubbles and two void/fire swords, run to Skolas, plant the two bubbles, kill him. Done that several times, work perfectly.

Matt Frost

Bungie needs to add a Challenge mode that consists of doing all three challenges in a row, then give out the 320 ghost and cloak. That would be amazing and worthy of a challenge.

Or do the raid without dying, like the old trophy. Then give something special as a reward.

Namikaze1

It's early so I'm not sure if anyone is interested in doing a flawless Trials run. Still need to take my Titan and Hunter to Mercury.

Fig, stop playing FIFA and lets go to Mercury! :p

Matt Frost

I also need to go to Mercury as well, sometime, sometime... I have a friend who is amazing but need another great player to reach it. Last time we reached far but no flawless. Anyone want to help me out?

Top Bottom