• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LTWood12

Mine was more complicated than this. I had to do a online text chat with uplay to get my email address changed from my college email address to my current email address. Good thing I noticed that.

Yeah I haven't even done it myself. I'm weird and my conscience keeps me from doing dumb stuff like this.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
How long did it take to get those double wins? I need to do it soon, so close to max gimoire.

Started this week... Roughly estimating my time spent each day I'd say it took around 35 hours. I was mostly solo queuing and won about 50% of my matches.

todd360

Yeah I haven't even done it myself. I'm weird and my conscience keeps me from doing dumb stuff like this.

I don't think they really care. The amazon method would have been patched up by this point if they really cared. I think they hope you forget to cancel your amazon preorder or something.

Plus I will end up buying the game if I liked your beta, so no one really loses here. Its not like the spots are limited or anything. You should definitely go for it. Plus make a disguise for your avatar lol.

LTWood12

I don't think they really care. The amazon method would have been patched up by this point if they really cared. I think they hope you forget to cancel your amazon preorder or something.

Plus I will end up buying the game if I liked your beta, so no one really loses here. Its not like the spots are limited or anything. You should definitely go for it. Plus make a disguise for your avatar lol.

Oh fine I'll do it.

Much appreciated peeps!

T-33 Years Old

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Slightly OT but I was looking at the guardian lord list and slightly surprised how few TTK badges there are compared to the original list.

How is it ordered again, top to bottom in each column or across columns and then down a row?

Slightly surprised that quite regular posters and players don't have the badge.

I forgot this was even a thing; I should get around to doing it.

Mine was more complicated than this. I had to do a online text chat with uplay to get my email address changed from my college email address to my current email address. Good thing I noticed that.

I try to help people sometimes. Haven't been very successful lately though. I need Nami or Ape to come with me or else my team usually gets destroyed on the final boss.

YOU NEED THE NAPIE?! See I make jokes! Terrible ones!

You Shocking fools tonight?

Edit: NAPE, NAMP, NAMPIE

Namikaze1

Maybe Nami should make it......

LDZdY1V.jpg
Face looks a bit terrifying. Like straight out of some nightmare or something. It reminds me of a monster I've saw in something but I can't remember if it was from a movie, game, or show.

I try to help people sometimes. Haven't been very successful lately though. I need Nami or Ape to come with me or else my team usually gets destroyed on the final boss.
Eh, I'm not that good. I've been scrubbing it up recently. I know I can play better but I'm just not putting my all into it and honestly with Destiny's current state, I don't feel like giving it my all.

Same here. Right now, I'm only interested in playing the beta. Game is not exactly on my must buy list but it looks interesting.

Much appreciated peeps!
Happy birthday!

Continueing my doubles runs.

Probably for the next 3 hours.

If anyone wants in, let me know: http://www.twitch.tv/kor_of_memory
Wish I could rejoin you but got some RL things to take care off. Plus, I was scrubbing it up those last few matches we had and felt bad about losing them. :(

Good luck with your run. :)

todd360

I can't talk right now nami. I can hear you if you talk though.

Yes it's still in filler hell. I think we need an even more forboding name for it now that it's in a filler hell with the manga being done. Wtf are they doing over there.

LTWood12

We've decided to enroll my oldest (4yo) in a private school this fall. Good thing I only play one game now, because I won't be able to afford any more.

SpecX

How "good" do you need to be in order to be carried in trials? I swear I have 0 talent when it comes to trials, but do well in other modes. I'm looking to get to the lighthouse one of these days.

We've decided to enroll my oldest (4yo) in a private school this fall. Good thing I only play one game now, because I won't be able to afford any more.

I feel your pain. My oldest will be starting private kinder this year as well which isn't the hard part since it's the same price as daycare now, but my youngest will start daycare this year as well which will double what I'm paying now.

LTWood12

How "good" do you need to be in order to be carried in trials? I swear I have 0 talent when it comes to trials, but do well in other modes. I'm looking to get to the lighthouse one of these days.

Depends a lot on who is doing the carrying. In year 1 it was much easier to get carried since matchmaking was connection based. Now it's based on # of wins on a card, regardless of connection, so it gets a lot sweatier at the end of the card. As someone who gets carried, main advice I would give is don't waste time apologizing for sucking/dying. Use that time to call out what the other team is doing. Communication and callouts are huge, and it's a way you can be useful regardless of your skill.

LTWood12

I feel your pain. My oldest will be starting private kinder this year as well which isn't the hard part since it's the same price as daycare now, but my youngest will start daycare this year as well which will double what I'm paying now.

*brofist

Tri4

Still contemplating whether I should do the Amazon method to get a division beta code. Not sure why I haven't done it yet, guess I like leaving it up to luck in the raffle. We are fans of RNG games right?

Having been carried twice & been close several times I can say that you can make it much easier on yourself and your team if you play as a team. Teams that consistently create 2v1s win more. So play with your team, don't die and communicate effectively. The 7 year old who kraftyy carried to the lighthouse had call outs that were on point! No thumb skill required for either playing with your team and talking well.

To anyone else this goes true: what I'd say is if you're serious about getting to the Lighthouse, then just be serious about playing Trials regularly. Trials MM may be an issue, but bounties are great and create incentives to play beyond the lighthouse. I try to play a card each weekend if I can. I don't have a regular crew, but hopefully people are starting to recognize my name. And you'll also learn what it's like to play 3s. It's much slower, more deliberate. 6s feel like utter chaos to me now.

Hope that helps. The Lighthouse truly is a magical place, but the real magic is playing with a team and having fun.

23173199622_3d982afbdf_b.jpg

todd360

Sorry nami. I thought I would try to get behind them this time and I ran right into a bullshit headshot. Guy was camping the stairs like he read my mind.

Sniper rifles and titan smash are my ultimate weaknesses.

Edit: I'm playing bad today

SpecX

Depends a lot on who is doing the carrying. In year 1 it was much easier to get carried since matchmaking was connection based. Now it's based on # of wins on a card, regardless of connection, so it gets a lot sweatier at the end of the card. As someone who gets carried, main advice I would give is don't waste time apologizing for sucking/dying. Use that time to call out what the other team is doing. Communication and callouts are huge, and it's a way you can be useful regardless of your skill.

Having been carried twice & been close several times I can say that you can make it much easier on yourself and your team if you play as a team. Teams that consistently create 2v1s win more. So play with your team, don't die and communicate effectively. The 7 year old who kraftyy carried to the lighthouse had call outs that were on point! No thumb skill required for either playing with your team and talking well.

To anyone else this goes true: what I'd say is if you're serious about getting to the Lighthouse, then just be serious about playing Trials regularly. Trials MM may be an issue, but bounties are great and create incentives to play beyond the lighthouse. I try to play a card each weekend if I can. I don't have a regular crew, but hopefully people are starting to recognize my name. And you'll also learn what it's like to play 3s. It's much slower, more deliberate. 6s feel like utter chaos to me now.

Hope that helps. The Lighthouse truly is a magical place, but the real magic is playing with a team and having fun.

23173199622_3d982afbdf_b.jpg

Thanks for the pointers. Trying to get my RL friends on tonight to give trials one more shot with them. Our best ever was one match with us ahead 4/0 only to lose 4/5 at the end. Was the biggest letdown ever and we haven't touched trials since.

Top Bottom