• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Unstable

I'm curious if you could elaborate on what that meant for WoW or how that might translate to Destiny 2? Bear in mind I've never played WoW but always found it interesting.

I don't think that's a great example honestly. WoW's first 2 expansions were pretty top heavy in terms of content. BC added to new races and allowed the 2 previously faction exclusive classes to be played by both factions. BC's biggest addition was the 58-70 content.

The example I'd use is Reaper of Souls for Destiny 2. Specifically the end game.

I don't think that's a great example honestly. WoW's first 2 expansions where pretty top heavy in terms of content. BC added to new races and allowed the 2 previously faction exclusive classes to be played by both factions. BC's biggest addition was the 58-70 content.

The example I'd use is Reaper of Souls for Destiny 2. Specifically the end game.

We both know what Destiny 2 really needs....

maxresdefault.jpg

the_id

I need to vent.

Bungle's 10 year vision for this game will not be achievable with the current way they're treating the game with the lack of fresh new content to keep the community going or with the way they're treating the community which now is decreasing in size.

I'm sure the community will come back when Desitny 2 rolls around, but then the expectation would be that the end game will only last them a 3-4 months and everything else will be padded with MACROTRANSACTIONS.

There are only few technical issues with this game. Its probably one of the more polished ones compared to other console FPS out currently. However, there are major issues related to how Bungle has been managing the content of their game to dealing with the community.

Some of the major ones i can think of are:
- The lack of a communicated vision for this game. I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve. Its got some of the workings of a MMORPG which aren't working so well and a FPS which is working beautifully. If they were to at least outline their vision of what they want to create, then I wouldn't have a problem. But since launch of this game, Bungle seems to be reactively fixing the game rather than proactively designing a great game.

- The microtransactions...initally they said it was only for cosmetics, but now they have these level and subclass boosts as well. Whose to say they're not going to sell other things that would have a direct impact on the gameplay.

- A great PVP gameplay with a broken P2P connection and matchmaking. Red bars in iron banner, the hard skill based matchmaking aimed at making sure you'll only get a 50% chance of winning most of the time.

Why do I keep coming back to this game really?

I don't expect anything useful to come out from DeeJ's BWU.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think they are scared of putting on the PC because of mods and hacks. There is nothing any company can do to stop that. Imagine a mod with the grasp having bullets as strong as the thunderlord and it would be easy to make character type mods, ala shaders.

Raid group. Just make me last gaz eholder when we do the challenge. And for sisters and Oryx I'll be floater.

DeviantBoi

Other than MIDA and Touch of Malice, what other primary exotics are worth leveling up to 320?

I have enough fusion fuel to get one from 310 to 320.

Jade Rabbit?

Other than MIDA and Touch of Malice, what other primary exotics are worth leveling up to 320?

I have enough fusion fuel to get one from 310 to 320.

Jade Rabbit?

Do you play PvP?

Red Death is a safe option since it's useful in PvE and still strong in PvP.

I think they are scared of putting on the PC because of mods and hacks..

Yeah this has always been my opinion as well. As much as I would love to see it happen I don't think Bungie is willing to give up that level of control over their game.

Unstable

I think they are scared of putting on the PC because of mods and hacks. There is nothing any company can do to stop that. Imagine a mod with the grasp having bullets as strong as the thunderlord and it would be easy to make character type mods, ala shaders.

Do you play PvP?

Red Death is a safe option since it's useful in PvE and still strong in PvP.

Yeah this has always been my opinion as well. As much as I would love to see it happen I don't think Bungie is willing to give up that level of control over their game.

This is easily solved by having the game phone home to Bungie's servers to verify the integrity of the game client (which I'm fairly certain it already does) This is pretty much the universal solution for always online games. (Eg. Diablo 3 & WoW)

Lima

This is easily solved by having the game phone home to Bungie's servers to verify the integrity of the game client (which I'm fairly certain it already does) This is pretty much the universal solution for always online games. (Eg. Diablo 3 & WoW)

The real question is why is everyone showing different clan tags. Get on that shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Three gloves from Golgi. Bungie is trolling at this point. They know people need certain items so they probably put some algorithm to reverse smart loot.

E92 M3

I don't mind Destiny being 30 FPS - it's kinda nice because the game is so beautiful. Switch between Halo and Destiny with no issues at all.

I do have a Red Death, but it's at 290. Never bothered to level it up to 310.

I guess I should get to work on that.

Personally I'd just wait until I got a 310 Red Death to drop but I don't use that gun much. If you have a bunch of infusion fodder then go ahead but if you've been sitting on a 290 for awhile then it probably isn't that important I'm guessing.

For PvP I'd prioritize TLW but it depends on your play style. Jade Rabbit is strong if you play more passive and/or run shotgun for special. Tlaloc is also a really strong scout rifle option which I'd prioritize over JRabbit if you use a lot of Warlock.

After that, I'd say Zhalo and Ace of Spades are both decent in PvP and fun for PvE. Bad Juju is another good option. Lots of possibilities tbh, depending on your play style. For just PvE there really aren't any other important exotic primaries besides ToM.

What the hell is up with the Nightfall modifiers this week?

• Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
  • Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
  • Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
  • Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

tumblr_inline_nc9wumNg0d1qgq7ta.png

The non-live Dev Team had better be spending the year between releases implementing Smart Loot, because I'm not putting myself through that for another ghost shell.

Ji66a-Man

What the hell is up with the Nightfall modifiers this week?

• Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
  • Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
  • Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
  • Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

tumblr_inline_nc9wumNg0d1qgq7ta.png

Just use Bad Juju for this Nightfall, then switch to No Time to Explain for the boss.

Top Bottom