• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Glad we're keeping our tradition of not listening to anybody alive.

LDPM = Loot Drops Per Minute, the most important Destiny metric. Much more important than DPS.

Haha I can't even recall that conversation..

What the hell is up with the Nightfall modifiers this week?

The non-live Dev Team had better be spending the year between releases implementing Smart Loot, because I'm not putting myself through that for another ghost shell.

Actually the NF isn't too bad, though yes all the modifiers put us at a disadvantage. Build your supers before you initiate the warsat drop and use Bad Juju for extra super energy to counter trickle. Most important though - don't jump :p

Deku Tree

• Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
  • Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
  • Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
  • Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

tumblr_inline_nc9wumNg0d1qgq7ta.png

The non-live Dev Team had better be spending the year between releases implementing Smart Loot, because I'm not putting myself through that for another ghost shell.

If you build your super before the first darkness zone then trickle isn't activated yet. Then chain orbs and keep rebuilding super.

Trakan

I don't mind Destiny being 30 FPS - it's kinda nice because the game is so beautiful. Switch between Halo and Destiny with no issues at all.

The game looks alright for being cross-gen but it could look so much better. It has clean UI but I really hope D2 steps up the visuals.

EL CUCO

Finally got a 1KYS from the Cryptarch special engram. Not the best roll but it's got Shortgaze and Injection mold so it'll do for now. Atleast it wasn't another Fusion Rifle...

• Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
  • Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
  • Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
  • Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

Small Arms is kinda fun (or at least not No Fun) since there are some interesting primaries to use, and Chaff is a total non-issue imo. But Grounded especially and Trickle as well can die in a fire. No idea why they've made them staple modifiers recently, as if NightFalls weren't already unappealing enough.

Just use Bad Juju for this Nightfall, then switch to No Time to Explain for the boss.

J I G G A P L A Y Z

Let us all skip trials and play something else. I'm gonna play some more trails in the sky on vita. 12 hours in. So many hours to go.

I've had my fill of destiny this weekend/holiday. Maybe some other time.

No worries at all. I think the next time I run Trials it will be helmet week I think.

Small Arms is kinda fun (or at least not No Fun) since there are some interesting primaries to use, and Chaff is a total non-issue imo. But Grounded especially and Trickle as well can die in a fire. No idea why they've made them staple modifiers recently, as if NightFalls weren't already unappealing enough.

Grounded and Trickle are definitely the least fun mods out there. But I don't actually like Small Arms. The difference in power is pretty trivial (especially compared to a burn), so Small Arms actually translates into Special/Heavy nerfs.

Destiny doesn't take any skill, he got lucky
CSfK203UAAAkwID.png:large

Something something aim assist something Kappa

Stuff like that is cool but it pains me a little as well. I notice the terrible teamwork more than the excellent solo play (also the super imbalanced spawns on BWatch). It's a good lesson for how not to push a numbers advantage in Trials aka please don't run at him one at a time.

It definitely makes me want to get my Elite controller hooked up with the Cronus and start maining Nstalker again (paddle shadesteps ftw).... Subclass so good.

Grounded and Trickle are definitely the least fun mods out there. But I don't actually like Small Arms. The difference in power is pretty trivial (especially compared to a burn), so Small Arms actually translates into Special/Heavy nerfs.

I believe Small Arms is double damage, same as Y2 elemental burns. At least that's what SA was in Y1 during PoE (with halved damage to special/heavy).

For at least six weeks now my Titan has had just a 319 chest piece keeping him from 320.

Today's Golgi CM reward (3x)? Three 320 gauntlets.

Just not meant to be, I guess.

At minimum I do Totems, Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx 3x a week including all challenge modes 3x as well.

This is starting to feel like my thirst for the Black Hammer all over again. At least this time my Hunter and Warlock are at 320 already.

LTWood12

Yesterday in Kadey's twitch chat I called that the Nightfall today would be:

Shield Bros: Incorrect
Small Arms: Correct
Grounded: Correct
Trickle: Correct

SABER seems so obvious now. Could've gone four for four.

Anyone got Golgi cp?

Deku Tree

Stuff like that is cool but it pains me a little as well. I notice the terrible teamwork more than the excellent solo play (also the super imbalanced spawns on BWatch). It's a good lesson for how not to push a numbers advantage in Trials aka please don't run at him one at a time.

It definitely makes me want to get my Elite controller hooked up with the Cronus and start maining Nstalker again (paddle shadesteps ftw).... Subclass so good.

Definitely they tried it a bunch of times, and the opposing three were not very good at trials. It's still a 1v3 though.

Ghazi

I'm praying that the PDX-45 gets the good roll from Armsday, I took an OK roll from armsday last week and I absolutely love the gun. Who says pulse rifles are dead?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Four random people dancing at NF entrance. None of them are in each others party. Looks like they are waiting for people to join.

LTWood12

Teach me your ways! I still haven't gotten the HM helmet.

Obligatory comment for LT:
320 Class Item.

You haven't gotten the helmet because you actually care about getting it. You need to fully stop giving a fuck and you'll get it. I'll never get the 320 Class item because it's all I need.

I'm praying that the PDX-45 gets the good roll from Armsday, I took an OK roll from armsday last week and I absolutely love the gun. Who says pulse rifles are dead?

Edit: nevermind

You haven't gotten the helmet because you actually care about getting it. You need to fully stop giving a fuck and you'll get it. I'll never get the 320 Class item because it's all I need.

What roll would make the PDX-45 better than the Iron Banner Nirwen's godroll? That's the only reason I didn't order it.

Rifled Barrel. Hidden Hand. Perfect Balance.

Gunsmith sold it a while ago. It's a beast.

vgamer1

So, my PS4 is attempting to download update 1.19 for Destiny. I have over 50GB available, but every time I try to launch the game I see "Cannot Download: you must delete unnecessary content from system storage."

The patch can't be over 50 gigs? I've tried deleting it, rebuilding database...

Oh I was thinking PDX-41 (not 45). I have the 45 you speak of and its awesome.

LT has all the good rolled loot. It's the Vita or something.

I actually missed that PDX-45. I am still using my first legendary I decrypted which just so happens to be my Hawksaw with: Perfect Balance. Rifled Barrel. Full Auto. IF only that Full Auto was Counter Balance. It would be a god roll. It's just damn good instead.

LTWood12

LT has all the good rolled loot. It's the Vita or something.

I actually missed that PDX-45. I am still using my first legendary I decrypted which just so happens to be my Hawksaw with: Perfect Balance. Rifled Barrel. Full Auto. IF only that Full Auto was Counter Balance. It would be a god roll. It's just damn good instead.

I would take full auto over hidden hand personally. I'd say it's a God Roll.

One of the first gunsmith PDX-45 rolls had fitted stock, perfect balance, and smallbore. Almost max stability with a tiny bump to base range. It also had nice scopes. That was the God roll.

So, my PS4 is attempting to download update 1.19 for Destiny. I have over 50GB available, but every time I try to launch the game I see "Cannot Download: you must delete unnecessary content from system storage."

The patch can't be over 50 gigs? I've tried deleting it, rebuilding database...

Have you tried power cycling your PS4? I've had that help in the past.

For the record, not loving the dad, dead slang. But I'm not your dad. I can't tell you what to do.

Teach me your ways! I still haven't gotten the HM helmet.

Obligatory comment for LT:
320 Class Item.

LT is right. You have to not care about it. I always wanted the hm helmet but this run I was busy working on some excel stuff and I barely cared about finishing the run. But that's how I got the hm helmet; after running the raid every week 3x and doing hm oryx every time he was out.

Number45

It wont let me join you for some reason.

Edit: Sigh. Guess you'll need to find another player.
Nightfalls have a hard LL requirement, so if you're not at it (240 I think? 260 recommended) then you won't be able to join somebody in that activity.

LT is right. You have to not care about it. I always wanted the hm helmet but this run I was busy working on some excel stuff and I barely cared about finishing the run. But that's how I got the hm helmet; after running the raid every week 3x and doing hm oryx every time he was out.
Yup. I ran Golgoroth last night for my warlock not caring about what dropped and I got just what I needed!

2 moldering shards

:'(

"Best meta" will strongly depend on personal preference, but I think it's hard to argue this isn't the most balanced meta for primary weapon classes. There aren't any "so OP you literally have to use them" primaries, and every class has competitive options:

Auto rifle- Doctrine of Passing w/ Counter Balance
Pulse rifle- Bad Juju, Red Death, well rolled PDX-45s, Hawksaws and Nirwens
Scout rifle- MIDA Multi-Tool, Tla
War
loc, Jade Rabbit
Hand cannons- TLW, Thorn for normal Crucible

Exotic ARs and Legendary HCs are still lacking but this isn't an "Age of Suros/Vex/Thorn+TLW/Hawksaw" for the first time ever. The downside, as often discussed here, is that nothing feels great.

TLW can be fantastic but phantom bullets make it frustratingly unreliable. Pulse rifles are very consistent but boring/static to use. Scouts are terrible at close-mid range and ARs are terrible outside that (as they should be). I wish they'd roll back the HC accuracy nerfs but it'd likely lead to another Age of TLW so we're probably stuck here for better and worse.

Primary weapon class balance is as good as special weapon class balance is bad.

Here's how little I care about: I barely do the Oryx fight. I only care in the moment I run up to the chest. But I know that's still too much caring.

E92 M3

Yeah, the one 1v1 pushing can get rather comical at times. I'll tell you right now, shadestepping with the paddle is awesomesauce!

Exotic ARs and Legendary HCs are still lacking but this isn't an "Age of Suros/Vex/Thorn+TLW/Hawksaw" for the first time ever. The downside, as often discussed here, is that nothing feels great.

I think there's a two additional components to this:

TTK for primary weapons has been dramatically slowed down from Year 1, but we put a lot of time into Year 1 Crucible. So at least subconsciously we're all comparing our weapons against our memories of much stronger weapons. I really miss my Hopscotch.

The second is that since TTK on primaries has been slowed, it's much more difficult to challenge secondaries. Which are still powerful and prolific. You can practically use a secondary as a primary. The only way left is flinch, but ranges on primaries were all hit, except scouts, which have very low flinch.

But you play a ton more PvP than I do. What do you think?

Axoman

The problem is, lfg and reddit only look at the red and not the green (And last 3 should really be like last 10 matches or last 2-4 weeks):

But yea me, you and Zoso will get our revenge next week FOR SURE. No doubt we'll get it. Looking forward to next week

I don't care what your stats say, you're good. You had a ton of clutch snipes last night. You bailed me out multiple times when I'd push too hard.

You and Zoso are good people and good players.

Top Bottom