• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Now we simply wait for the division ps4 beta thread to be made! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edit: I need to go to bed lol. Was planning on being asleep like 2 hours ago.

Out there in the streets, who needs sleep? A man walks alone in the dim lit road. The ruins of modern civilization lie around him. The smoke wretches into the sky, the fire cackles with uncertain hostility. In the distance, the sounds of machinery pumping life into an outpost. That man is, 3.Sixty. Out there alone he scavenges for the next day, facing the unknown.

lol can't tell if division thread or destiny thread. Is it really that good? Should i pre-order for the beta?

Also, what I came to post: That feel when you snipe a golden gun right in it's stupid smug face

qTu4kx6.gif

Destiny fever is coming back. Got my hunter from level 34 to 290 light this weekend.

Should be easier for you if you do it on NG+. Levels 1-20 is when you feel like it is a punishing difficulty when even a pack of dogs can rip you to shreds in seconds. Once you have decent skill points and invest them in a proper build of your choice, death march is an absolute blast. I had so much fun killing enemies 10 levels over mine that could one-shot me if I made a single mistake.

Eagerly waiting for Blood and Wine dlc. HoS was so good. Also EU store got free TW3 avatars, no love for US store :(

Alright. I never really put any effort into making a build, so that might be why. Just didn't seem interesting enough. Didn't know about the free avatars. Thanks. :p

Haha. I really like that asari beanie. I was impressed I found one that good. I'm surprised someone actually sat down and thought that the world needed an asari beanie.

I put a beanie on math's avatar as well to see what it would look like.

mQGJpHi.jpg

lol

I can't say I would ever wear it.

Just had the most bullshit end to a round in trials I've ever seen on our 8-0 game. I'm sure explicitone will post a video. All three of us up, at the cap point, one guy left on their team. Right before we cap the point, we kill the last guy. But, shax is all "I'm giving this one to bravo team" and we lose the round. Like, what?

Axoman

I wished destiny trials report and others split up stats to show year 1 versus year 2, or even display "Last 30 days K/D" because that's what shows the most accurate stat of the current player, IMO. Last 3 games is nice and all, but how about last 30 days!

Nobody on xbox lfg will ever accept my 0.8 K/D even though that was 100% year 1 and playing super under leveled with trash weapons. Even a few "chill/bounties" wouldn't take me.

I'll play with you anytime, mad snipes yo!

Just had the most bullshit end to a round in trials I've ever seen on our 8-0 game. I'm sure explicitone will post a video. All three of us up, at the cap point, one guy left on their team. Right before we cap the point, we kill the last guy. But, shax is all "I'm giving this one to bravo team" and we lose the round. Like, what?

Wow who the fuck designed Trials Overtime? Final boss and this bullshit happens:

3 of us versus 1 of them all on the capture point and overtime ends and they gave it to them. FUCKING STUPID

https://youtu.be/DDjLMyiY0X4

Such BS. We should have beat those guys, I was sucking it up those last few games, just couldn't get anything going.

Based on there being zero info from Bungie. IB is not a guaranteed monthly thing.

iirc Bungie doesn't announce the Iron Banner every time. I think it's reasonable to think there would be no reason for it to skip a month. Not to mention Bungie hasn't said anything since they've been on holiday

I'll play with you anytime, mad snipes yo!

Such BS. We should have beat those guys, I was sucking it up those last few games, just couldn't get anything going.

The problem is, lfg and reddit only look at the red and not the green (And last 3 should really be like last 10 matches or last 2-4 weeks):

KUju6Mf.png

But yea me, you and Zoso will get our revenge next week FOR SURE. No doubt we'll get it. Looking forward to next week

It's never not been, unless we were notified.

If anything based on the last year, it's more likely to assume that it will be in effect

iirc Bungie doesn't announce the Iron Banner every time. I think it's reasonable to think there would be no reason for it to skip a month. Not to mention Bungie hasn't said anything since they've been on holiday

Iron Banner technically ran into January already though so I wouldn't expect it to return until February.

Bungie logic.

Yup, this. Last IB ran into January so expecting it to be back again this month is a mistake.

Plus, with Crimson doubles for feb week 2, IB will likely be during the later weeks of Feb.

Yup, this. Last IB ran into January so expecting it to be back again this month is a mistake.

Plus, with Crimson doubles for feb week 2, IB will likely be during the later weeks of Feb.

SRL fucked the schedule up though. The player count has dipped significantly, and doubles, crimson or otherwise isn't getting anyone to play this game.

I'm not convinced crimson doubles is anything more than a modifier like inferno. I'd also think that with no content in the game that Bungie would run IB twice a month for a weird month rather than skipping it. It's not like flipping the IB switch is some monumental task.

I'm still so upset about the overtime rule. I can't believe it. I'm still in disbelief.

I went from nearly a back to back Mercury run, one on each system and first time year 2 on each, to getting mad about a very stupid overtime rule. Ugh

Anyone looking for golgoroth hm checkpoint? I am sitting there for the next couple of minutes. Have hm totems as well.

Is reset in 30 or 90 minutes?

1.5 hours.

SRL fucked the schedule up though. The player count has dipped significantly, and doubles, crimson or otherwise isn't getting anyone to play this game.

Neither will IB with its atrocious drop rates.

I'm not convinced crimson doubles is anything more than a modifier like inferno. I'd also think that with no content in the game that Bungie would run IB twice a month for a weird month rather than skipping it. It's not like flipping the IB switch is some monumental task.

They haven't done that even once till now, IB has always been at least 5 weeks apart so no reason for them to do anything now. I gave up being optimistic a while back.

I have no strong feelings towards The Division at all. Gonna try the beta though.

Same, it's the lack of content in Destiny that is pushing players towards the Division. I'll play the beta to experience it but most likely will not buy the game.

I could run one last card here if people still want, should have time for one run before reset. But it looks like we have 4 people here so not sure what works best or if you all still want to play.

Hammon and I are gonna try and get Gibb his first year 2 flawless for our last card.

I can't sleep. Part of me wants to avenge my final boss loss right now before reset, but I'll sleep this one off, I guess.

Yeah you guys got screwed pretty hard there.

For future reference, if nobody has capped the point when the overtime timer expires it gives the round to whichever team has a person closest to the flag. It doesn't matter how many people are alive or if you've partially capped the point, etc.

So it basically lagged out and didn't acknowledge that the last enemy had died a split second before the overtime timer expired. And since the enemy was standing directly on the flag when he died/timer ended it gave the round to that team. Incredibly stupid rule that's exacerbated by the lag, but that's what happened. Sorry dudes :-/

Anyone looking for golgoroth hm checkpoint? I am sitting there for the next couple of minutes. Have hm totems as well.

1.5 hours.

Neither will IB with its atrocious drop rates.

They haven't done that even once till now, IB has always been at least 5 weeks apart so no reason for them to do anything now. I gave up being optimistic a while back.

Same, it's the lack of content in Destiny that is pushing players towards the Division. I'll play the beta to experience it but most likely will not buy the game.

Drop rates withstanding, 12 > 4

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I could run one last card here if people still want, should have time for one run before reset. But it looks like we have 4 people here so not sure what works best or if you all still want to play.

I'm still down if you need a third. I'm so tired of these LFG people.

Hammon and I are gonna try and get Gibb his first year 2 flawless for our last card.

Okie doke. Haven't heard back from 140.85 yet so I may be running out of time to get one last card in anyway. I'll probably go do some life stuff unless I hear something soon.

edit: hey, there he is! lol If we can get a 3rd and start a card ASAP we could still probably squeeze it in. Let me see if anybody else is online now to be our 3rd.

I'm still down if you need a third. I'm so tired of these LFG people.

Yeah unfortunately we would need a 3rd still and I don't see anyone posting here or anyone online that could help. We're down to 1 hour left which is about the minimum time I'd want for a comfortable flawless run anyway :-/

edit: the "good" news is that Eva finally sold the Echo of Shattered Suns "kissing snakes" emblem, last one I was missing from her collection. So there's that.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Okie doke. Haven't heard back from 140.85 yet so I may be running out of time to get one last card in anyway. I'll probably go do some life stuff unless I hear something soon.

edit: hey, there he is! lol If we can get a 3rd and start a card ASAP we could still probably squeeze it in. Let me see if anybody else is online now to be our 3rd.

Yeah unfortunately we would need a 3rd still and I don't see anyone posting here or anyone online that could help. We're down to 1 hour left which is about the minimum time I'd want for a comfortable flawless run anyway :-/

edit: the "good" news is that Eva finally sold the Echo of Shattered Suns "kissing snakes" emblem, last one I was missing from her collection. So there's that.

Out of time I guess. :( Haha we really gotta play together one of these weeks. Btw my PSN is androo2300

Top Bottom