• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Titan isn't too bad. I think if you get the Twilight Garrison you'd like it more. Warlock feels like I weigh 1 ton. Takes a while to get used too. But nothing beats the precision you feel using Hunter's.

I run Max Agility as a Sunsinger unless I am using the Ram. You can be very agile with a Warlock. You just have to hit your jumps exactly. You really don't have room for error with how floaty the burst can be.

ocean

Banned
This may sound irrational but when a guy kills me then shade steps for no fucking reason it annoys me more than being tea bagged.

Slide shotty never made me rage. Blink shotty never made me rage. But shade step? Agh. It just looks annoying, I wanna punch the purple ghosting asshole.

I love using shade step but hate it being used by an opponent :p

This may sound irrational but when a guy kills me then shade steps for no fucking reason it annoys me more than being tea bagged.

Slide shotty never made me rage. Blink shotty never made me rage. But shade step? Agh. It just looks annoying, I wanna punch the purple ghosting asshole.

Lmao i feel you kinda. Its like i killed him so let me just shadestep for no reason other than to look cool and feel like that was an awesome play.

GlamFM

Banned
W9BrKku.png

It´s dad.

I knew from the moment we saw the talent trees before TTK that this was going to be a problem.

It bothers me as well, but most fancy movement boosts do, because not everyone has them, so sometimes it's hard to learn how to counter it.

Same with Twilight Garrison.

Titan isn't too bad. I think if you get the Twilight Garrison you'd like it more. Warlock feels like I weigh 1 ton. Takes a while to get used too. But nothing beats the precision you feel using Hunters.

Titan with Mida + Max Armor/Agi build + Twilight Garrison and Headstrong is probably the fastest class in the game

I ran it in trials with juggernaut and a party crasher secondary <3333333333333

milkham

maybe they just don't know you're dead because of lag? or they can't tea bag with shadestep on so good enough

Wow, I don't remember G&H being this bad, how much closer does the rocket need to be than those last two for it to proc? .

They nerfed it pretty hard but even so it looks bad there. Honestly doesn't surprise me too much, I don't trust G&H or tracking in PvP. Always aim for a direct hit or aim for the nearest ground/wall.

It's not that bad. That looks like lag to me. The truth has retarded tracking.

It used to have crazy tracking but not anymore. One of many stealth nerfs in Y2, Truth has pretty average tracking nowadays relative to Y1. Better than any other RL but not nearly what it was Y1 when it would do a complete 180 and loop around to kill somebody. Now it just kinda leans in their direction.

Titan with Mida + Max Armor/Agi build + Twilight Garrison and Headstrong is probably the fastest class in the game

Titan is the fastest class. Striker is the fastest subclass. Agility is the fastest stat. Mida is the fastest gun. So max agility Striker w/ Mida is the fastest character possible.

TGarrison is for evasion, not speed.

Frenden

Banned
It used to have crazy tracking but not anymore. One of many stealth nerfs in Y2, Truth has pretty average tracking nowadays relative to Y1. Better than any other RL but not nearly what it was Y1 when it would do a complete 180 and loop around to kill somebody. Now it just kinda leans in their direction.

Yeah. Truth's tracking feels pretty terrible now. And G&H is pretty inconsistent. I don't feel like I can anticipate what will be a guaranteed kill.

It's a shame that the reserve ammo on this class of launcher is glitched with rocket ammo boots--otherwise, I'd never bother to equip Truth. It doesn't feel appreciably better or worse in actual use, just reserve ammo.

CZHAhr8U8AARhQo.jpg:large

Gunsmith roll--Hard Launch, Payload, G & H, Javelin.

I run Max Agility as a Sunsinger unless I am using the Ram. You can be very agile with a Warlock. You just have to hit your jumps exactly. You really don't have room for error with how floaty the burst can be.
Yeah I run max agility on my Warlock now. I actually did my flawless run yesterday on my Warlock and as long as a tap the jump button the jump is bearable. That's one of the things you have to adjust if you want to use an overpowered class ;)

I actually don't have the Garrison yet :( ( Damn chest engrams refuses to drop) but I like playing Titan because of the speed.

Titan is the fastest class. Striker is the fastest subclass. Agility is the fastest stat. Mida is the fastest gun. So max agility Striker w/ Mida is the fastest character possible.

The truth was the only exotic heavy I didn't have in year 1 so I didn't know about the insanely high tracking. In fact, I don't remember people using it much.

Max agility Titans are insane, especially if it's a great player WITH a Twilight Garrison. Yesterday someone absolutely destroyed me because I couldn't touch him.

Frenden

Banned
The truth was the only exotic heavy I didn't have in year 1 so I didn't know about the insanely high tracking. In fact, I don't remember people using it much.

It ruled the roost in PvP then (if you didn't spend a million motes on an Ash Factory or Radeghast roll come HoW).

Even then, those other launchers didn't have the straight up boomerang rockets Truth used to shoot. They'd follow you like a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Easiest Crucible NF run in living memory = 291 Ghost. If they're going to be in the loot table at least make them 320, not that I'm arsed about that either so just take them out, shits ridiculous now

Namikaze1

just wait till they add the dunemarchers to the game. Gonna be seeing a ton more Strikers in Crucible when those are added to the game.

It ruled the roost in PvP then (if you didn't spend a million motes on an Ash Factory or Radeghast roll come HoW).

Even then, those other launchers didn't have the straight up boomerang rockets Truth used to shoot. They'd follow you like a Tom and Jerry cartoon.
:O I guess not many people had it in year 1. I used the Trials Rocket since it had a pretty good roll. I guess the aggressive tracking was no joke lol.

ethomaz

Banned
God every class besides the Hunter feels so slow and useless when I use them in PVP
You can run max afility with all class, no?

The fastest class is Titan Strikers due the infinite run created by the Shoulder Charge.
It is a exception due this perk.

All the three classes can reach max agility making them even.

Eh, forward boost is speed

Not when there's an animation cool down. It's a burst of speed for evasion followed by a delay before you can move normally again. That's just how the exotic was designed, it's slower than skating. A skating Striker w/ Increased Control jump has faster straight line speed than that same character using TG forward boosts.

All the three classes can reach max agility making them even.

Actually each class has a higher base setting for one of the three stats so their "highest" for that stat is higher than what the others can reach (Titan Armor, Warlock Recovery, Hunter Agility).

Titans are faster than Hunters because of their jump ability, not because of their agility stat.

Deku Tree

I've seen recently made video of the year 2 iron banner rocket launcher with tracking doing a 180 loop to kill somebody

just wait till they add the dunemarchers to the game. Gonna be seeing a ton more Strikers in Crucible when those are added to the game.

I had to google it to remember the exotic perk, but it sounds pretty damn sweet:

Speed Demon
Increased sprint speed, increased movement speed while aiming your weapon, and tighter turn radius while sprinting.
Ooh yeah. Like Radiant Dance Machines and Mk Stand Asides had a baby.

I've seen recently made video of the year 2 iron banner rocket launcher with tracking doing a 180 loop to kill somebody

I'd be curious to check it out if you have a link. I'm sure it can still happen but I have to assume it needed a super wide area to pull off a turn like that. It'd be cool to see though.

Lol that's awesome! Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a super wide turning radius. For a second I thought it was going behind the sun.... Thanks for tracking down the link *ba-dum-dum*

I'll show myself out now.

Re: Shade sword block- The shade typically picks someone out that he wants to smash, and he'll kinda ignore everyone else. I've noticed that a lot when I'm trying to bait his slam but he just slides around avoiding me.

I assume he was trying to smash someone else so the sword just blocked his pathing without triggering his attack. The description said that the sword block reduces a lot of damage so presumably the shade will attack a blocking sword, just not in that video.

ocean

Banned
So wrong. Barons with Aggressive Ballistics has the fastest time to kill of any machine gun in Crucible, it kills in 5 rounds, only 3 of which need to be crits on low armour targets, and you get 70 rounds from heavy drop, it also has high base stats across everything. The strike exclusive weapons are all excellent and near the top of their respective weapon types, most have better base and hidden stats than their normal equivalent weapons. IB HMG is crippled by reserve ammo, trials one is comfortably outclassed by Ruin Wake.

Actually, Xerxes-C (green quality) with Aggressive Ballistics and Focus Fire is the fastest-killing Machine Gun in the Crucible.

Odd that the game is constructed to make Titans fast. Shouldn't Hunters be the fastest?

You'd think, but then remember that the class who was ALL ABOUT MELEE had the worst melee in the game.

Or the class that's supposedly about recovery, would have the Ram. Year 1 Ram. WTH happened, Bungie.

P.s. Titan melee still bad, btw. Just slightly less so. Warlock melee range is like 7 meters. Hunter is 6m. Titans were 4, now 5 I think? (Rough numbers).

Or the class that's supposedly about recovery, would have the Ram. Year 1 Ram. WTH happened, Bungie.

P.s. Titan melee still bad, btw. Just slightly less so. Warlock melee range is like 7 meters. Hunter is 6m. Titans were 4, now 5 I think? (Rough numbers).

Titans were buffed from 4 to 4.5.

Deku Tree

Re: Shade sword block- The shade typically picks someone out that he wants to smash, and he'll kinda ignore everyone else. I've noticed that a lot when I'm trying to bait his slam but he just slides around avoiding me.

I assume he was trying to smash someone else so the sword just blocked his pathing without triggering his attack. The description said that the sword block reduces a lot of damage so presumably the shade will attack a blocking sword, just not in that video.

Makes sense. thx

Got 2x 310 Titan Marks as part of Hard Daughters AND Hard Oryx!

This is why I don't run non-challenge modes because it's totally not worth it.

Trash Tier rewards 4 months later.

WipedOut

Got 2x 310 Titan Marks as part of Hard Daughters AND Hard Oryx!

This is why I don't run non-challenge modes because it's totally not worth it.

Trash Tier rewards 4 months later.
I with you on that now, seriously not worth doing anything but challenge mode now.

Well and totems. I need 3 x 320 ghosts

LTWood12

When they finally come to their goddamn senses and release VoG and Crota's End Level 40; Light level 310-320 challenge modes in the spring this place will be just like it used to be!

You'll see!

Please tell me they're smart enough to do that.

WipedOut

HM CM Golgo - Join W193D0UT's Party

5pm est (PS4)

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. GraveRobber101
4. XplicitOne
5. Kilau
6. Saithan

two others expressed interest, so in case someone doesn't show here are the Alts:
biggy70686
Pandora012

Top Bottom