• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

When they finally come to their goddamn senses and release VoG and Crota's End Level 40; Light level 310-320 challenge modes in the spring this place will be just like it used to be!

You'll see!

Please tell me they're smart enough to do that.

Not to be a debbie downer but that sounds terrible. If they were to release another raid and bump everything up then maybe but to be doing the same old stuff with the same old guns, no thanks. Though its probably what they'll do as its the easiest/cheapest option

When they finally come to their goddamn senses and release VoG and Crota's End Level 40; Light level 310-320 challenge modes in the spring this place will be just like it used to be!

You'll see!

I can't see how they can do that without nerfing the weapons somehow.

I for one eagerly await my 320 Fatebringer.

LTWood12

Not to be a debbie downer but that sounds terrible. If they were to release another raid and bump everything up then maybe but to be doing the same old stuff with the same old guns, no thanks. Though its probably what they'll do as its the easiest/cheapest option

Terrible is relative. I think from what we've seen of the 'live' team already, not to expect any 'new' content until the sequel/expansion this fall. Making the old raids relevant again from a loot standpoint seems like the most exciting thing (from a PvE standpoint) they could do with the current infrastructure.

I can't see how they can do that without nerfing the weapons somehow.

I for one eagerly await my 320 Fatebringer.

Fatebringer is already nerfed by the overall hand cannon changes though. They wouldn't have to do any additional nerfing. Sure it wouldn't be as reliable as it was in year one for everything, but it people would have fun chasing it again until we get ACTUAL new stuff.

HM CM Golgo - Join W193D0UT's Party

5pm est (PS4)

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. GraveRobber101
4. XplicitOne
5. Kilau
6. Saithan

two others expressed interest, so in case someone doesn't show here are the Alts:
biggy70686
Pandora012

Grab Biggy, I forgot it's 5 EST and not 5 my time (CST).

We spent too much time on Hard Oryx but now we got the groove for the next run and I accepted to run already. It'll be easier for me to find ps4 CM later tonight

You'll see!

I kinda of hope that when they do that, they attach quest chains to each of them just like King's Fall had.

Then, in some crazy amazing dream world, those quests will end with us getting the Year 2 version of Mytho and Nechro.

Lnkn52

Terrible is relative. I think from what we've seen of the 'live' team already, not to expect any 'new' content until the sequel/expansion this fall. Making the old raids relevant again from a loot standpoint seems like the most exciting thing (from a PvE standpoint) they could do with the current infrastructure.

Fatebringer is already nerfed by the overall hand cannon changes though. They wouldn't have to do any additional nerfing. Sure it wouldn't be as reliable as it was in year one for everything, but it people would have fun chasing it again until we get ACTUAL new stuff.

I guess if it's the only option they have, I guess bring it. I hope Destiny 2 isn't this same cycle of recycling things and calling them "new" content.

2real4tv

HM CM Golgo - Join W193D0UT's Party

5pm est (PS4)

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. GraveRobber101
4. XplicitOne
5. Kilau
6. Saithan

two others expressed interest, so in case someone doesn't show here are the Alts:
biggy70686
Pandora012
If you guys get a group I can go also bigmanny287.

Trakan

I kinda of hope that when they do that, they attach quest chains to each of them just like King's Fall had.

Then, in some crazy amazing dream world, those quests will end with us getting the Year 2 version of Mytho and Nechro.

Are people really excited to get reskins of Y1 stuff?

Fatebringer aside? (This would mean elemental primaries would have to return unless they removed the elements from Y2 versions.)

LTWood12

Are people really excited to get reskins of Y1 stuff?

Fatebringer aside? (This would mean elemental primaries would have to return unless they removed the elements from Y2 versions.

Would I rather have new, substantial PvE content? Absolutely. Do I expect that before the sequel? No. So yes, excited from a standpoint of it being more interesting than some fucking masks.

What do you guys expect from the 'significant' drop we're getting in the spring?

I'm with you re-doing old raids would be just about the laziest thing they could do

Trakan

Would I rather have new, substantial PvE content? Absolutely. Do I expect that before the sequel? No. So yes, excited from a standpoint of it being more interesting than some fucking masks.

What do you guys expect from the 'significant' drop we're getting in the spring?

I don't expect anything anymore, I'm just saying Y1 reskins don't do it for me.

I do see it as something they could do, but I don't get the excitement over it.

LTWood12

i thought the masks were just a silly little halloween distraction.. dunno why people have such strong opinions about them

the strong opinions aren't LITERALLY about the masks you realize that right?

I don't expect anything anymore, I'm just saying Y1 reskins don't do it for me.

I do see it as something they could do, but I don't get the excitement over it.

Yeah I can completely understand that.

shenze

Banned
i thought the masks were just a silly little halloween distraction.. dunno why people have such strong opinions about them
Except they're probably bringing them back turning them from a little distraction to more reskins of old stuff

What would you prefer, reskins of VoG and Crota or more masks and microtransactions

My thirst for VoG is real right now and I want to play it with a real purpose

Except they're probably bringing them back turning them from a little distraction to more reskins of old stuff

What would you prefer, reskins of VoG and Crota or more masks and microtransactions

My thirst for VoG is real right now and I want to play it with a real purpose

those are my only options?

I'm just saying that I would rather have reskins of old content or brand new Actual content than more masks.

If the BWU doesn't announce new real content my destiny time may be limited until they decide to do that

have they said something about masks recently that i missed?

they fit the halloween aesthetic not sure what would be the point of doing it again so soon

I'm thinking that year 2 Mythoclast and Nechrochasm will only show up once their respective PvE content does. Same with PoE guns. Of course it's that's the case, there's only 5 or 6 other exotic weapons left to bring back. I get the feeling bungie is going to stretch year 2 as thin as they can. And Thorn, Icebreaker, and Gjallarhorn will be brought back in the last few months.

ocean

Banned
March: Taken PoE. 320 Light recommended. Variks Armor / Weapon Cores at 310. Challenge: go flawless. 320 guaranteed drop.
Shadow of Veils every where.

April: SRL with Reef rainbow road

May: TAKEN CE. Crota's spirit sword logic blah blah, retcon the asshole in somehow. 320 Light activity. Challenge: everyone needs to hit him with sword at least once. Balcony ledge geometry made narrower so you can't stand there anymore and ignore everything like we do now.

June: Destiny 2 Alpha hype

July: Bungie says fuck it, 320 Light Taken VoG because why the fuck now. Get your FB. New Atheon drains your super meter during TV and keeps moving instead of standing still so he's hard to crit. Challenge: don't use any heavy ammo in the entire fight.

August: one month to go for Destiny 2, this game is finally dead. 2 new playlists as a send off: no super Iron Banner and Mayhem Vanguard Strikes.

This is a quickly thought out plan of fun stuff which could keep the game fresh without distracting dev resources from the sequel. It's not so much that they can't give us new stuff like this, it's just they're not interested or don't agree from a design standpoint.

Odd that the game is constructed to make Titans fast. Shouldn't Hunters be the fastest?

NO

HUNTERS ARE TINY LITTLE THINGS

Ahem caps. But hunters are tiny. They would get blown away by a fan. More mass=faster speed. Titans being bulkier would naturally have a higher top speed.

Its like if a hunter is a bicycle, a Titan is a motorcycle.

LTWood12

March: Taken PoE. 320 Light recommended. Variks Armor / Weapon Cores at 310. Challenge: go flawless. 320 guaranteed drop.
Shadow of Veils every where.

April: SRL with Reef rainbow road

May: TAKEN CE. Crota's spirit sword logic blah blah, retcon the asshole in somehow. 320 Light activity. Challenge: everyone needs to hit him with sword at least once. Balcony ledge geometry made narrower so you can't stand there anymore and ignore everything like we do now.

June: Destiny 2 Alpha hype

July: Bungie says fuck it, 320 Light Taken VoG because why the fuck now. Get your FB. New Atheon drains your super meter during TV and keeps moving instead of standing still so he's hard to crit. Challenge: don't use any heavy ammo in the entire fight.

August: one month to go for Destiny 2, this game is finally dead. 2 new playlists as a send off: no super Iron Banner and Mayhem Vanguard Strikes.

This is a quickly thought out plan of fun stuff which could keep the game fresh without distracting dev resources from the sequel. It's not so much that they can't give us new stuff like this, it's just they're not interested or don't agree from a design standpoint.

Could totally see this being what happens to some extent.

Deku Tree

what is with bungies tweet just now?

right before that one was this one.

Bungie is organizing a raid with big known twitch streamers on their Twitter. I wonder if this is a new form of advertising for a Bungie twitch raid?

Cozmo often puts together PUG raid groups on Twitter from amongst his followers.

I think updating the Year One endgame content is such a no brainer that I wouldn't even count it as new content. It is the equivalent of adding a strike to the heroic playlist.

I want actual new content. Doesn't have to be a raid but horde mode would do nicely.

Top Bottom