• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Beagles329

Neo Member
A huge thanks to my group last night for helping to show me the ropes last night with the golgoroth challenge. The help was very much appreciated!

Namikaze1

OT: Anyone see the new Suicide Squad trailer last night. I had zero fucks to give before this trailer came out, thought all the previews looked like trash, after watching it I have a little hope that it actually might be a decent movie or at the very least entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs
SS Trailer was better than any of the recent BvS trailers. Still don't like the Joker's look. It's the damn tattoos, specifically the "DAMAGED" one on his forehead.

WipedOut

SS Trailer was better than any of the recent BvS trailers. Still don't like the Joker's look. It's the damn tattoos, specifically the "DAMAGED" one on his forehead.

Yeah, not really digging the Joker either but I'll wait to see how the final product is, the best Joker or the closest joker to the comic we've had was Heath Ledger. He played it great, going to be kinda hard to top that.

SgtCobra

Sucks to be you if you never use a sniper in pvp.
It's funny though how lots of people don't know how to deal with a fusion rifle, it's the perfect shotgun counter.

Lyudmila-D is trash now anyway so I wouldn't sweat it. For whatever reason the last balance patch absolutely ruined that gun and it was my go-to primary for all of TTK before that.
What happened with it? I'd guess that counter balance headseeker and injectionmold with a Holo lens would do the weapon wonders.

WipedOut

LTWood12

Weird things experienced in last nights 3x cm runs and raid:

Dorrsom kicked to orbit twice in our last round of Golgoroth gaze exchanging, forcing wipes.

JohnofMars game completely freezing during Golgoroth, forcing a wipe.

I would take the initial gaze and at times the timer would start at 18.

Sometimes when taking the gaze Golgoroth wouldn't even shoot the black balls at me until the timer was < 10 seconds.

Hawkians mic when plugged into his Dualshock causing input lag.

Daughters-3 deaths while inside the aura. No doubt about this, we were all grouped together in the middle.

Oryx-Not sure if anyone else experienced it, but multiple times I would see flashes of the the ogres standing with no animation, prior to them actually spawning.

Loot-I had primary weapon slots open. But couldn't pick up Doom of Chelchis. It acted as if my inventory was full.

Destiny

Sometimes when taking the gaze Golgoroth wouldn't even shoot the black balls at me until the timer was < 10 seconds.

Oryx-Not sure if anyone else experienced it, but multiple times I would see flashes of the the ogres standing with no animation, prior to them actually spawning.

These aren't new, known to happen since day one.

Daughters-3 deaths while inside the aura. No doubt about this, we were all grouped together in the middle.

This may have been my fault. I had the aura that time and jumped down from the ledge with the aura after we killed the first Daughter and didn't call it out. Everyone who stayed up top died.

I swear the aura has extended up onto the ledge before, but I could be remembering wrong (hence the deaths).

deadduck

Bug I'd not seen before:

3 friends doing a nightfall, when one particular friend died his name didn't pop up as 'friend died' in the feed, someone else's name came up every time he died. No one knew this other guys name, he wasn't on anyone FL or loaded in the roster.

Really odd.

Feel sorry for the one guy left fixing the bugs in TTK.

I've been digging their casting choice of Margot Robbie since it happened, she's perfect.

tumblr_n1xj8muia21qclvcho1_500.gif

LTWood12

This may have been my fault. I had the aura that time and jumped down from the ledge with the aura after we killed the first Daughter and didn't call it out. Everyone who stayed up top died.

I swear the aura has extended up onto the ledge before, but I could be remembering wrong (hence the deaths).

If that's what happened it still seems odd, because I was standing at the back of the ledge and lived and people in front of me, (who you'd think would be closer to you) died.

I don't care for the damaged thing either, but there is a theory out there that
This Joker is actually Jason Todd or something. Which is why is shows Robin's suit all fucked up.

If that's the case, I could see how the tattoos make a bit more sense in that the original Joker put the tattoos on Todd during his decent into madness.

darknil

Bug I'd not seen before:

3 friends doing a nightfall, when one particular friend died his name didn't pop up as 'friend died' in the feed, someone else's name came up every time he died. No one knew this other guys name, he wasn't on anyone FL or loaded in the roster.

Really odd.

Feel sorry for the one guy left fixing the bugs in TTK.

Nah, I've seen that bug consistently since TTK, it picks a random name that was on the public area before strike starts, is super confusing at first.

My impression is that the lag is getting worse on Destiny, yesterday trying to do the NFs we were bouncing all over the place on yellow bars.

And then we tried LFG for Challenge, ugh, I really miss this thread for doing group stuff. I should stalk this thread less and start posting more.

One question, that quest that went live last weekish, make the vanguard smile, after that, there is a crucible quest, anyone did it?

Namikaze1

Dorrsom kicked to orbit twice in our last round of Golgoroth gaze exchanging, forcing wipes.

Loot-I had primary weapon slots open. But couldn't pick up Doom of Chelchis. It acted as if my inventory was full.

Destiny
Yesterday, game got stuck with me aiming down the sights trying to get the gaze. I kept pressing R2 to shoot and even let got of L2 but the game refused to do anything. It wasn't till after the gaze timer expire for the first gazer that the game fixed itself. Everything was fine before and after that one moment. Everyone was moving fine on my screen when that was going on.

I don't care for the damaged thing either, but there is a theory out there that
This Joker is actually Jason Todd or something. Which is why is shows Robin's suit all fucked up.

If that's the case, I could see how the tattoos make a bit more sense in that the original Joker put the tattoos on Todd during his decent into madness.
read this theory a few months back but it's been debunked several times. There are some rumors going around stating that the Batman solo film will be a live action Under the Red Hood adaptation.

Played this for 15 hours with my friend, and whilst it's great fun and satisfying, once I've done the story missions (which repetitive in and of themselves) I can't really see much replay value. There are definitely NOT enough Strikes in this game at all, once you've done them twice then they become really boring and predictable. I actually am shocked at how little the amount of Strikes there are in this game, a year after it's been released...with THREE expansions.

Namikaze1

To anyone who did Crota's End HM when it first release:

Do you have a YT video or Twitch archive of your run? If yes, can you give me a link? I'm doing a thing.

Played this for 15 hours with my friend, and whilst it's great fun and satisfying, once I've done the story missions (which repetitive in and of themselves) I can't really see much replay value. There are definitely NOT enough Strikes in this game at all, once you've done them twice then they become really boring and predictable. I actually am shocked at how little the amount of Strikes there are in this game, a year after it's been released...with THREE expansions.

You have to try the raids. While it might not be nearly as fun going with 4 vets (+ you and your friend = 6) , you can try to join a noobie raid that Hawkian does here. I'm not sure if he only does King's Fall now but I'd recommend doing Vault of Glass first, then King's Fall raids.

Here goes nothing...

Anyone up for a KF HM run? Full or from Totems CP?

tumblr_inline_nth2fbNdv21sjs49f_400.jpg

edit: DestinyGAF really is dad. I'll see myself out. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

The central problem with the Strike number is that there are way more Strikes available than what they have in the current playlist. It's one of the most baffling decisions in Year 2: when they should have the most accumulated content, they've artificially limited what's made readily available to the players.

Maybe someday they'll come to their senses and put all the old strikes back in the playlist. But like Xplicit said, in the meantime the only meaningful content for you to explore now would be the raids (assuming you aren't interested in learning the PvP).

Margot Robbie is attractive.

I fear this thread is about to become NSFW while I'm sitting here at work.

tumblr_n148coH0ce1sp0eeto1_500.gif

....okay I'll stop now. Let the record show that this was all Wipedout's fault for posting the trailer.

LTWood12

I didn't realize that. Okay, in that case I won't take the blame.

bungie pls.

It was probably your fault ;) Everyone one of us had our moment of scrubbiness other than Dorrsom.

The Wolf of Wall Street - My god the scene with her on the floor.

I fear this thread is about to become NSFW while I'm sitting here at work.

nah, no pics. I'm working as well. But still, that scene.

I've never seen it.

Destiny

This is a list of weird things, but you didn't include that I was king of the scrubs last night. That's not normal!

TFW when you've been wiping at Golgi for an hour on your alts after your run on your mains only took two tries:

giphy.gif

Our conclusion: don't fight golgi without Nightstalkers. The difference is Night and day.

LTWood12

This is a list of weird things, but you didn't include that I was king of the scrubs last night. That's not normal!

TFW when you've been wiping at Golgi for an hour on your alts after your run on your mains only took two tries:

giphy.gif

Our conclusion: don't fight golgi without Nightstalkers. The difference is Night and day.

Half of that hour was spent waiting on people's consoles to reboot.

Top Bottom