• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Half of that hour was spent waiting on people's consoles to reboot.

I love that on our 3rd time we two cycled him. Well, we got him down to 2% and then you shot him dead with no pool, no bubble, just while we were all just building supers.

I think I saved the clip. I'm pretty sure I did a double take.

LTWood12

I love that on our 3rd time we two cycled him. Well, we got him down to 2% and then you shot him dead with no pool, no bubble, just while we were all just building supers.

I think I saved the clip. I'm pretty sure I did a double take.

It was probably even less that that. It was fun freaking everyone out.

RdN

This website is a good resource for the lore found in the Grimoire. http://www.ishtar-collective.net

http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/books-of-sorrow

There are 50 Calcified Fragments hidden in the Dreadnaught. Each of these tells a little part of Oryx's story. The 50 put together make up the Books of Sorrow, a wonderful read if you're into this kind of thing.

I linked a site where you have all 50 in sequence so you can read it all comfortably in one place. It's full of names you won't know at first so it can be a little confusing but halfway through everything starts making sense.

Thanks guys.

Great read, and a real shame that this is nowhere in the game.

WipedOut

I've never seen it.

latest

speechless.gif

I wish Iron Banner was on all the time.
Or that Crucible NF would reset with each completion.
Or that Trials was on all the time (so I could at least watch Kraftyy if I'm bored).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure if I will have a newbie raid this week, my gaming setup is in an awkward and frustrating arrangement right now :(

If anyone out there in the know is reading, can you recommend a ~$500 7.1 receiver?

I didn't like The Doctrine of Passing that much. The low impact rifles don't really have a good feeling when I play.
Everytime I get killed by one it feels like I'm being shot at by a HMG. I don't have one to know what it's like on the other end but it seems pretty insane.

Next time it's available I plan to do some begging for help w/ trials, haha.

Everytime I get killed by one it feels like I'm being shot at by a HMG. I don't have one to know what it's like on the other end but it seems pretty insane.

Next time it's available I plan to do some begging for help w/ trials, haha.

It's my new favourite gun, so much fun though counterbalance is a must. If the gunsmith ever has it put in an order for the Arminus D same archetype but can have a faster TTK with the right roll

deadduck

As Trout says Counterbalance is essential for the Doc. Along with maxing stability.

You can't burst fire it like other weapons, you need to use the persistence perk to get over the first 0.3 seconds of instability.

Had alot of fun in IB with it, especially with everyone using Mida.

Ghazi

As Trout says Counterbalance is essential for the Doc. Along with maxing stability.

You can't burst fire it like other weapons, you need to use the persistence perk to get over the first 0.3 seconds of instability.

Had alot of fun in IB with it, especially with everyone using Mida.

I remember reading that the Doctrine with Rangefinder actually has the most stability of any of the rolls, in that case Rangefinder roll is better.

deadduck

I remember reading that the Doctrine with Rangefinder actually has the most stability of any of the rolls, in that case Rangefinder roll is better.

Interesting, does the extra stability get over the horizontal action?

I tried out the RF one, but had more success with CB... But that's just me, maybe I got too used to CB.

2real4tv

Ok see ya in 3hrs at 4pm EST.

Anyone interested on HM challenge for 4pm EST, add name below:
1.) Bigmanny287
2.) friend
3.) Ryck007
4.) Biggy
5.) Da_1_hated_tito
6.) V1ctIm

Alt:: Macello

Do we get our first BWU tomorrow?

Regardless of everything, hopes for a good one is still in tact.

I want to set my expectations low but I just can't. I want more

I'm trying to throw away my negative thoughts on everything, Destiny included.

At this point, I know all the flaws this game has so I shouldn't get mad or complain about anything. I mean it sucks that 4+ months later some of the bugs or bad stuff like KF raid loot which was talked about hasn't got fixed or upgraded, but it's still a choice to continue to play.

I just want some information on where they're going with this game or an expansion or Destiny 2... just anything really. Masks and SRL were both very boring for me and I'm ashamed at buying Silver for such crappy (IMO) events that did me no good.

E92 M3

LOL. Com'on. You know that's not going to happen.

Perpetually optimistic lol

At this point, I know all the flaws this game has so I shouldn't get mad or complain about anything. I mean it sucks that 4+ months later some of the bugs or bad stuff like KF raid loot which was talked about hasn't got fixed or upgraded, but it's still a choice to continue to play.

I just want some information on where they're going with this game or an expansion or Destiny 2... just anything really. Masks and SRL were both very boring for me and I'm ashamed at buying Silver for such crappy (IMO) events that did me no good.

I actually like the masks, but it would very cool if the masks could worn as vanity items and if they had their own Kiosk. Blue Skulls is still very cool.

We know Bungie at this point. We all know how this goes tomorrow. Managing my expectations about Destiny has made me much more content and happy with the game in the long run.

one paragraph of the February Update, seven paragraphs of Deej's vacation. 👀

But no I just feel this is the most important BWU since then 2.0 Weapon Patch notes were released. Just sucks that it's only going to be about the February Update.

LTWood12

It's my new favourite gun, so much fun though counterbalance is a must. If the gunsmith ever has it put in an order for the Arminus D same archetype but can have a faster TTK with the right roll

I love DoP as well. I only have a HH one and the horizontal recoil can be a pain at times, but that's usually when I'm engaging at ranges a little farther than I should be.

Nechrocasm still feels the best to me though of all the hoses.

Personally, i can't stop thinking about the negative aspects when I go and try to play Destiny. The gameplay aspects are what bum me out the most. It's like..exotics should change the game completely, but they don't. They're just flavoring. Even the classes don't really change much except for specific situations-Whether you want a grenade for PvP or PvE. The guns are in a position where even at max level, they all still kinda feel the same. Destiny should be a game about the satisfying combat and the search for loot that changes how you play the game. Right now it has the satisfying combat right, but everything else is just a drudge that holds it back, and it's mostly by design(No satisfying end-game activity that let's you repeat it for stronger gear, yes there's the raid but that's a group thing, and it's weekly.). Not only that, but the gear should change the way you play. They should let you have multiple exotic pieces on so you can really mix and max, and make broken builds. Broken for PvE, and that'd be ok. Because Bungie shouldn't be trying to strangle the amount of loot you get in a week, they should be encouraging you to play it outside of the resets.

I bring this up often, I'm sure others do too, but look at Diablo 3. You can login, do some bounties, get a chest of loot drops, maybe craft some items or run a rift, and when you log out you feel like you accomplished something. Like you progressed a bit further than you did before.

It's..interesting to see how Destiny 2 will be. Whether it will be more of the same or if they actively looked for inspiration elsewhere to make their game better. If it's more of the same, I might not come back.

Top Bottom