• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aaanybody bought one in the last couple of years have any recommendations for a receiver for me? They're like the product I feel the absolute least knowledgeable about.
Could you explain this further, thanks
Have a Titan go down into the corner under the first left orb and pop a weapons of light bubble. Everyone goes and jumps in the bubble. Then the gaze holder pops the orb and takes the gaze (he will be easy to hit because he's looking at everyone in the bubble).

Aaanybody bought one in the last couple of years have any recommendations for a receiver for me? They're like the product I feel the absolute least knowledgeable about.

Have a Titan go down into the corner under the first left orb and pop a weapons of light bubble. Everyone goes and jumps in the bubble. Then the gaze holder pops the orb and takes the gaze (he will be easy to hit because he's looking at everyone in the bubble).

Titan jumps into the pit whilst the others weaken the bubble, everyone jumps into the bubble, gazer drops the bubble (from on top of the box)

Ok cool thanks

Shiv47

Cool, so we have:

1) shiv2099
2) j2theizzay
3) Jakfu
4) a_javierp
5) shenze
6) optimus8936

Okay, looks like we got a full group, with Kaiken as an alt for a couple runs if he's interested/available. We'll try to go from 9 EST then, and can swap the CP before we start and all that. I know I have some of you on my friends list, if not, add me beforehand if I don't get to it first.

shenze

Banned
Aaanybody bought one in the last couple of years have any recommendations for a receiver for me? They're like the product I feel the absolute least knowledgeable about..
I am far from an audiophile, so take this for what it's worth. I bought a Denon receiver about 2 years ago, for about $500(I think you posted earlier that 500 was your budget). I've loved it so far. The one I bought has been discontinued, so I can't recommend a specific model. Although, the Denon on this list looks pretty much equal on features.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/best-receivers-500/

Deku Tree

How many HDMI ports do you want? 5.1 surround? Or 7.1? Denon is the top reciever company. marantz is basically a Denon.

This one is good for $400:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marantz...iver/7934045.p?id=1218862382887&skuId=7934045

Bought one for my father in law for Xmas. After that the price just keeps going up in terms of watts /HDMI ports/ 4K pass through extra subwoofer port for dual sub setup etc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am far from an audiophile, so take this for what it's worth. I bought a Denon receiver about 2 years ago, for about $500(I think you posted earlier that 500 was your budget). I've loved it so far. The one I bought has been discontinued, so I can't recommend a specific model. Although, the Denon on this list looks pretty much equal on features.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/best-receivers-500/
Hey thanks. I actually didn't know there were Denons at $500 and that is exactly my budget. I'm (probably irrationally) paranoid about Onkyo now and the competitor Onkyo they are recommending alongside it isn't available on Amazon right now anyway. This one has some cool stuff I could actually use that I was missing on the old one too, like Bluetooth.

Imma go for it. S'got Prime so it should be here on Friday. I really appreciate it!

edit: Thx Deku. I do have a 7.1 setup. I could get away with only 3 HDMI ports... looks like the Denon I just ordered has 7 XD

SonComet

Probably not something you want to hear, but I've had nothing but problems with my Denon AVR X-4000. At least it's failed so many times that they're finally going to give me a new one instead of repairing again. The multi-week repair times of my local Denon repair center have been annoying though.

who are you, and what have you done with church?

Kappa
congrats on the name change :)
it took what seems to be forever and a day to get mine done XD

I'm surprised anyone noticed. I'm not that big of a poster here. But yeah it took a few days here too.

On topic, this bwu better have some shit it in.

Whats the cheese?

Is it that old one where you just defend with the sword through the totems a whole bunch?

So two people with exotic swords go to each side before activating anything, they hold the block for 10 hits, and then walk out towards the middle while still holding their block, that deactivates the pool of stingy shit.

Then you start it up, but aura switching happnes in the middle between two players while the sword dudes do their thing on each side of the totem.

Chucker

My weapons and Ghost are all 300+, it's my armor that's bringing me down. I got a 310 LBN, 295 Arms, 284 Chest, 289 Boots, 288 Bond, 200 artifact.

CLBridges

Looking over at the bungie forum and reddit, I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment about the weekly update coming up lol. Maybe they'll drop some hints about upcoming content though as those who have been playing TTK since September probably are anxious. We'll see...

Top Bottom