• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

BWU will probably tell us that for the next IB we will be able to get the PS exclusive gauntlets/chests/boots.

And then when IB rolls in we'll see the exclusive class items for sale, and no one else but Ruthless and Kadey will have gotten the exclusive armor pieces from drops.

In all seriousness I hope they'll announce unlocking of the remaining exotics, because god knows they need to give us something.

There are no PS exclusive IB gauntlets, boots or chest. Just the helmet and class item.

Unstable

RUDE. Actually, I'm not sure that this is going to be a good change from a hardcore player's perspective? But I hate this sort of vague teasing shit so I'm gonna try to confirm what I've heard and find out more before I say anything else.

And yet you do it anyway. ;)

It's okay. I understand the desire.

Deku Tree

Bungie gonna be like: thanks for the MT cash!! See U hardcore players in Destiny 2! Hang around for the rest of the year and buy some more emotes if you want!

todd360

Nami would still find a way.

Like I said Dead men tell no tales.
YmbhUqr.jpg

😓

Let's be real here. This is probably bad news for us since Jason said it might not be good news for hardcore players. Which means he has an idea of what it might be, but no concrete details yet. He knew some story details for fallout 4 years before the game was even annouced. Chances are this is gonna be bad. Thread will go from dead to outrage as soon as he confirms his suspicions.

Talking about Mayhem and Destruction, guess I'll be in the Division Beta after all. So I'll see you...there.

You stay the hell away from me in the dark zone. I'll have nami shoot you and take your loot.

😓

Let's be real here. This is probably bad news for us since Jason said it might not be good news for hardcore players. Which means he has an idea of what it might be, but no concrete details yet. He knew some story details for fallout 4 years before the game was even annouced. Chances are this is gonna be bad. Thread will go from dead to outrage as soon as he confirms his suspicions.
Let's be even realer here. We could all use a good chance to blow off steam once in awhile. Why not use it on a good cause? Nothing like a good Destiny shitstorm to clear the cobwebs.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Let's be even realer here. We could all use a good chance to blow off steam once in awhile. Why not use it on a good cause? Nothing like a good Destiny shitstorm to clear the cobwebs.
Game's going full F2P. $3 per new story mission, $8 per new strike, $15 per new raid.

Destiny isn't dad, but the hardcore player base is.

LTWood12

No sequel this year. Fall is basically another Taken King. Meanwhile more Mask bullshit. Hopefully it ain't that but I get the feeling we won't be getting the big grand new experience this year.

Game's going full F2P.

Destiny isn't dad, but the hardcore player base is.

Or this^

😓

Real talk, if it's bad news, I won't even be mad. I'll just be disappointed.

E92 M3

RUDE. Actually, I'm not sure that this is going to be a good change from a hardcore player's perspective? But I hate this sort of vague teasing shit so I'm gonna try to confirm what I've heard and find out more before I say anything else.

:/ The hardcore are the most passionate folks of Destiny.

No more casual stuff, please.

I already have plans to somehow infiltrate you and namies game and shoot you both @_@ I hope that's a feature.

I'VE PLAYED METAL GEAR SOLID ALL MY LIFE, I KNOW HOW TO SNEAK

Hezens Vengeance exotic hype!

You've been playing the wrong sneaking game ;)

Splinter Cell masterrace

todd360

Real talk, if it's bad news, I won't even be mad. I'll just be disappointed.

What's with all the real talk today? Its almost as if we were all being fake most of the time haha.

when was the last time there was a destiny shitstorm thread on gaming side

we can use one of those. I haven't gone in one of my rants lately. It's building up

Umm it was the psn going down and people not being able to get to rank 5 in IB. A small scale shitstorm anyways.

jschreier

So would your response to my tweet be different today?
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/687313804682768385
Yeah. But like I said, I haven't been able to confirm anything, and I don't want to spread misinformation in case what I heard is wrong. (As much as I love DGAF, I know that if I post anything here, it'll get found and picked up by Reddit/other gaming sites/etc.)

Going to bed now! Looking forward to the BWU. I'm just as eager for new information as you guys are. Hope they actually have something concrete to say.

edukate

We've been conditioned to bad news or lack thereof when it comes to Destiny. With that said, we cannot possibly be more let down than what we have been ytd...

Lnkn52

Yeah. But like I said, I haven't been able to confirm anything, and I don't want to spread misinformation in case what I heard is wrong. (As much as I love DGAF, I know that if I post anything here, it'll get found and picked up by Reddit/other gaming sites/etc.)

Going to bed now! Looking forward to the BWU. I'm just as eager for new information as you guys are. Hope they actually have something concrete to say.
tumblr_n12a2k7b1O1trw6zto1_500.gif

ocean

Banned
Unless they've been secretly developing for a really long time I just don't see how they can live up to our expectations of a true sequel by Fall. 1 year between TTK (which presumably gobbled up a large part of their devs) and a major sequel has always seemed like a hard target to reach.

This isn't COD with multiple studios releasing and developing stuff in a staggered chain. It's a single studio, and I can't imagine them having a sequel ready when up until little ago they were busy making content for this iteration.

Out of curiosity, Jason - why post anything here without offering any details?

To stir the pot? Hoping a second source will arise from the 0.04%?

Or just need to let us know things are changing?

No malice intended, just genuinely interested in your thought process.

LTWood12

Thanks Jason. Completely understand.

todd360

You just walk in here and stab the thread with a stim pak and leave like you were never here. Lol seeya later Jason.

Lnkn52

Out of curiosity, Jason - why post anything here without offering any details?

To stir the pot? Hoping a second source will arise from the 0.04%?

Or just need to let us know things are changing?

No malice intended, just genuinely interested in your thought process.
I feel he does it because he's much of a fan as we are. He's preparing us for dooms day.

Unless they've been secretly developing for a really long time I just don't see how they can live up to our expectations of a true sequel by Fall. 1 year between TTK (which presumably gobbled up a large part of their devs) and a major sequel has always seemed like a hard target to reach.

This isn't COD with multiple studios releasing and developing stuff in a staggered chain. It's a single studio, and I can't imagine them having a sequel ready when up until little ago they were busy making content for this iteration.

I won't be surprised if they actually made a lot more content for TTK and cut out a whole bunch of it for another expansion. Wouldn't mind it actually but no hive please. Enough with the fucking hive.
It's going to be hive continuing off from where Eris picked up Oryx's essence.

Top Bottom