• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I still think that pre-nerf Red Death was better than the SUROS, maybe I've forgotten how good it was. Last patch Red Death was one of my favorite guns in any game recently, the thing just dominated. There isn't any feeling like coming on top in a gunfight and being ready for the next guy.

I was watching an old Destiny youtube video and Suros was in it hitting 45 point crits. Idk what it's at currently but that seems pretty damn good. Red Death is great too but Suros was just perfect back in the day. Idk if it was just the player base being bad or what but I was 1.5 kd for both titan and hunter!

Frenden

Banned
Dear defender bros,

Is this a good perk selection (both on the shotty and the Titan)? I've always been a TLW snipe dude, but I'd like to give this a shot in PvP.

CZOXKw5WQAA4_Eu.jpg:large

CZOY1w8WQAQ8tss.jpg:large

CZOY9U4WYAAbhy2.jpg:large

Frenden

Banned
Well nightfall is always Epic, it's a permanent modifier no matter the strike.
Yeah. Trickle and Grounded are the two worst modifiers though, oof. I ran it twice yesterday. Small arms makes it bearable. I got Ghost shells both times and never bothered to do the third.

Sigh.

maomaoIYP

Dear defender bros,

Is this a good perk selection (both on the shotty and the Titan)? I've always been a TLW snipe dude, but I'd like to give this a shot in PvP.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZOXKw5WQAA4_Eu.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZOY1w8WQAQ8tss.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZOY9U4WYAAbhy2.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

I use the same setup with slight differences:
I run Invective, the fast RoF helps if I choke the first shot. I've run into some dudes who use the New Monarchy shotty with great effect too.
I prioritize armor, followed by recovery with agility in last place. I also use relentless instead of bastion. The logic is that I will be using Force Barrier much more than the Ward of Dawn. I also run T5 Int/Str. I use suppression grenades only for countering supers, so T0 is fine. All other perks are identical to what you're using.

Lima

I use the same setup with slight differences:
I run Invective, the fast RoF helps if I choke the first shot. I've run into some dudes who use the New Monarchy shotty with great effect too.
I prioritize armor, followed by recovery with agility in last place. I also use relentless instead of bastion. The logic is that I will be using Force Barrier much more than the Ward of Dawn. I also run T5 Int/Str. I use suppression grenades only for countering supers, so T0 is fine. All other perks are identical to what you're using.

He uses no backup plans which gives him relentless for free so bastion is the right call. Otherwise that is a perk wasted.

Ghazi

I was watching an old Destiny youtube video and Suros was in it hitting 45 point crits. Idk what it's at currently but that seems pretty damn good. Red Death is great too but Suros was just perfect back in the day. Idk if it was just the player base being bad or what but I was 1.5 kd for both titan and hunter!
If by perfect you mean broken, then sure. Red Death was OP too, though, before its recent nerf.

maomaoIYP

He uses no backup plans which gives him relentless for free so bastion is the right call. Otherwise that is a perk wasted.
NBP only increases duration and not strength of the force barrier, so it's not exactly the relentless perk. I'm not sure how much stronger does force barrier get with relentless though. I suppose it can be easily tested if NBP and relentless stack as well.

ocean

Banned
And Scrota. Apparently Ultras w/ shields mess up 3oC.
Well Omni and Flayers are pretty odd tbh. They're the only Ultras I'm aware of who you can blind with Striker grenades or a Saint-14 bubble.

Re: Scrotes - does *anything* in VoG/CE work with 3oC? Templar, GK, DS? I feel it might be related to old Raids being loot-constrained (no XP, no bounty progress, no glimmer, no engrams IIRC).

Well Omni and Flayers are pretty odd tbh. They're the only Ultras I'm aware of who you can blind with Striker grenades or a Saint-14 bubble.

Re: Scrotes - does *anything* in VoG/CE work with 3oC? Templar, GK, DS? I feel it might be related to old Raids being loot-constrained (no XP, no bounty progress, no glimmer, no engrams IIRC).

Hmm yeah that's a good question about the old raids. CE doesn't matter since Scrotes MaGotes is the only Ultra plus his shield means we wouldn't expect it to work regardless. I've done CE a few times in year 2 but honestly don't think I've touched VoG so it's worth checking out sometime.

ocean

Banned
Hmm yeah that's a good question about the old raids. CE doesn't matter since Scrotes MaGotes is the only Ultra plus his shield means we wouldn't expect it to work regardless. I've done CE a few times in year 2 but honestly don't think I've touched VoG so it's worth checking out sometime.

Y2 VoG is the best thing in the game, but it's so hard to get a group for. Swords + new subclasses make it a total blast.

Frenden

Banned
Is shotgunning all the things always this fun? Just had a few games where idiots just ran into my bubble over and over and over again.

Ugh playing strikes for my second exotic cloak is infuriating. Why the hell aren't all strikes in the heroic hopper? What a joke.

Ive got that part sitting there as well but can't bring myself to do a strike, in fact I can't remember the last one I've done

I think most of us aren't surprised by Jasons posts, they've been phoning it in for a long time now. What does annoy me is there shitty communication and lack of focus on what they have now, if they were to come out and say we're getting nothing but we're going to constantly update/put some effort with the game we have i'd be fine with it

Slammin put it perfectly earlier by saying Bungie are fine if we don't play but we want to

No, like I posted above, older raid bosses don't work for 3oC.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't 10 strikes. 10 is a lot, especially if you don't get super good randoms. The amount of time it takes to run the 10 strikes is way too much for a 280 class item.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't 10 strikes. 10 is a lot, especially if you don't get super good randoms. The amount of time it takes to run the 10 strikes is way too much for a 280 class item.

but but that extra 10% faction rep though

which is pointless until you have all 3 factions at or over 25 ranks, cause after getting one class item you'll switch to another faction to get that class item.

but but that extra 10% faction rep though

which is pointless until you have all 3 factions at or over 25 ranks, cause after getting one class item you'll switch to another faction to get that class item.

Yup. Also having to be aligned with a faction to even use its item kinda sucks. Not a very well thought out quest.

maomaoIYP

I tend to pass out literally when running consecutive strikes.
I can't bring myself to do the other cloaks because my FWC cloak is my best cloak, at 319.

I tend to pass out literally when running consecutive strikes.
I can't bring myself to do the other cloaks because my FWC cloak is my best cloak, at 319.

Strikes are literally a snooze fest lol. I didn't really set out to do it, but I hit rank 25 with Dead Orbit the other day and I figured I might as well. If I do finish it I'll probably end up getting the New Monarchy one too to complete my collection.

Number45

If you just need to run strikes and you're in no hurry (I have no idea, it's going to be a LONG time before I get to faction level 25 with one let alone three) why not just spread it across a few weeks while doing the three weekly heroics?

If you just need to run strikes and you're in no hurry (I have no idea, it's going to be a LONG time before I get to faction level 25 with one let alone three) why not just spread it across a few weeks while doing the three weekly heroics?

Because that would involve caring enough about 30(?) Legendary Marks and one Legendary Engram to do the weekly heroics on one character each week.

I mean it's a good idea! ...but the terrible strike rotation and useless rewards have killed any interest for me. They could easily fix both problems by including ALL strikes in the playlist and allowing exotic engrams to decrypt up to 320 once you hit ~315+ Light.

I used to run Strikes before HM KF dropped because I wanted a chance at get 310 exotics for infusion. Now the opportunities for 320 gear are essentially limited to HM Challenge Modes so why bother with anything else unless it's fun... and repeating the same Strikes is boring.

Number45

I mean it's a good idea! ...but the terrible strike rotation and useless rewards have killed any interest for me. They could easily fix both problems by including ALL strikes in the playlist and allowing exotic engrams to decrypt up to 320 once you hit ~315+ Light.
Yeah, I'd love this as well.

I'm still working on subclass levelling, so virtually any content is useful to me. I tend to run my three heroics each week on whichever character needs levelling the most (or is closest to max).

But for the exotic cloaks it seems to me that you're not getting much return (aside from them looking good and allowing another exotic to be equipped, do they offer anything a good legendary can't?) so it's one of those things I'd just leave in the quest log and consider it a pleasant surprise when the "new step" dialogue pops up unexpectedly.

I would if I ever did strikes :p. I pretty much exclusively play PvP now as I've grown tired of most the PvE content, so if it weren't for the exotic cloak, which is just something to get for the sake of getting it, I wouldn't be doing strikes at all. That said I think spreading them out will end up being better for my sanity. I think I'll try to knock out the six I have left by doing two a day or something. Not really worried about missing out on marks either since there isn't much to buy with them and the trials bounties are a super easy way to get a bunch.

Yeah, I'd love this as well.

I'm still working on subclass levelling, so virtually any content is useful to me. I tend to run my three heroics each week on whichever character needs levelling the most (or is closest to max).

But for the exotic cloaks it seems to me that you're not getting much return (aside from them looking good and allowing another exotic to be equipped, do they offer anything a good legendary can't?) so it's one of those things I'd just leave in the quest log and consider it a pleasant surprise when the "new step" dialogue pops up unexpectedly.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense for finishing out subclass leveling, which can be a really drawn out affair. Sometimes I forget that not everyone around here maxed out the new subclasses months ago, lol. It's a helpful reminder.

The exotic cloaks have two "unique" features: a special spawn animation depending on the faction, and bonus faction rep instead of bonus Vanguard/Crucible rep. The advantage here is that you get bonus rep for all activities (vanguard and crucible) instead of just for one activity type.

I've been sitting on my Titan's FWC quest for at least a month, haha.

Number45

Cool. Well my aim is to go for them... but I have no idea how long it'll take. Hopefully I can get them all before Destiny 2 launches. :p

Although, if this is anything to go by... probably not. D:

GlamFM

Banned
Woah! This thread was on page 2! (TWO!)

So..... BWU tonight.

What do you guys expect?

The typical convoluted 2 paragraphs of nothing form DeeJ or something substantial?

If by perfect you mean broken, then sure. Red Death was OP too, though, before its recent nerf.

Idk if it was that broken. There were plenty of auto rifles that also did well during that time. Shadow Price rings a bell. Maybe I'm just biased but I don't think Suros was as broken as Thorn.

Number45

Getting rid of my runes @ court of oryx, 2 spots open on fireteam if anyone is interested.

Have some randoms here helping out, which is strange.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian
Every time I try to do this that damned court contrives to give me more runes. Usually a stolen run when I've only got a single reciprocal rune left. :'(

Idk if it was that broken. There were plenty of auto rifles that also did well during that time. Shadow Price rings a bell. Maybe I'm just biased but I don't think Suros was as broken as Thorn.

Suros was very broken at its peak. Only the highest impact AR archetype could compete, which means your options were Suros, Shadow Price and Vanquisher. There have been so many nerfs to ARs as a class, high impact ARs specifically and Suros especially, that's it's hard to remember exactly how OP they were. The base damage, range, crit multiplier, and Suros exotic perk have all been hit hard, plus more stuff I'm probably forgetting (stability?).

It's hard to compare OPness with Thorn because so much time as passed since Age of Suros and I didn't play much PvP back then. That said, my ranking for OP exotics at their peak is something like:

1.) Vex
2.) Vex
3.) Vex
4.) Thorn
5.) S U R O S R E G I M E
6.) TLW
7.) Pocket Infinity
8.) Red Death
9.) MIDA

GlamFM

Banned
Wait what? Just caught up with this thread...

Jason is "teasing" something?

2016 plans might have changed?

Destiny 2 NOT in 2016?

Something we wont like?

Destiny going f2p?

Deku Tree

Suros was very broken at its peak. Only the highest impact AR archetype could compete, which means your options were Suros, Shadow Price and Vanquisher. There have been so many nerfs to ARs as a class, high impact ARs specifically and Suros especially, that's it's hard to remember exactly how OP they were. The base damage, range, crit multiplier, and Suros exotic perk have all been hit hard, plus more stuff I'm probably forgetting (stability?).

It's hard to compare OPness with Thorn because so much time as passed since Age of Suros and I didn't play much PvP back then. That said, my ranking for OP exotics at their peak is something like:

1.) Vex
2.) Vex
3.) Vex
4.) Thorn
6.) TLW
7.) Pocket Infinity
8.) Red Death
9.) MIDA

TLW TTK with the bugged 111 was faster than a machine gun, and it worked from range. Although getting that required some skill. I would put it higher.

1.) Vex
2.) Vex
3.) Vex
4.) Thorn
6.) TLW
7.) Pocket Infinity
8.) Red Death
9.) MIDA

I think Truth should be in there somewhere, no? :)

1.) Vex
2.) Vex
3.) Vex
4.) Thorn
6.) TLW
7.) Pocket Infinity
8.) Red Death
9.) MIDA

Hawkmoon deserves to be there, at its best that thing was crazy good in PvE/P

Top Bottom