• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I want to run it but won't be available until probably about 5:45est. If you run multiples let me know please.

Pre-Patch Epilogue melted people. Post Patch it turned into a pile of poo. It was the weapon I used post patch to get my Thorn however.

Used Epilogue for my first Thorn exotic bounty, it was the only void primary for a long time.

Also used to melt minotaur shields and oracles pre-AR nerf.

Absolutely.

Nicely put.

Y1 - chasing awesome gear.
Y2 - chasing a number.

Vanilla Destiny was to me the best state this game was ever in.

The Spindle and Malice were fun to acquire although the latter has an extremely limited use.

I don't get why they took the Gunsmith out of the equation as far as re-rolling and whatnot. I would really like the opportunity to change the perks on legendary weapons again.

yeah! I've been trying to get my Gunsmith level on my hunter just to test that weapon.

So, Hawkmoon to who? What should be the exotic HC of a Titan? Is the Warlock worthy of TLW?

TLW complements all classes but more your playstyle.

Hunter jumping around throwing knives, Titan skating and closing the distance to enemy for shoulder charge/shotgun, Warlock melee + TLW finish off when someone gets too close for comfort.

So...

Hunter: Ace of Spades
Titan: TLW
Warlock: Hawkmoon?

Sounds good, but why can't they all use TLW? :p

darknil

Sounds good, but why can't they all use TLW? :p

Yeah, basically TLW renewed my love for HCs! It excels being an exotic since it drastically changes your playstyle for something fun.

Also, TLW, Hawkmoon is the Gally are for me the trifecta of beautiful weapons.

ISawraraurus what you playing lately dude?

How is school/work going?
Been playing through The Legend of Heroes series and Rainbow 6, how about you?

School is going well so far, just started back up last week.

That was all on Gala and his German lag. He used to teleport around in the gorgon maze too :p
So atleast 4 people from 4 different locations world wide..we just need 2 more to form his ultimate lag attack!

jschreier

I think a valid question is what is PSF playing nowadays?
Reviewing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, slowly progressing through Trails of Cold Steel, just got up to episode three of Tales From The Borderlands, occasionally playing FFXIV, and gonna dig back into Diablo 3 this weekend.

It's amazing how much you can do when you're not grinding Oryx/Trials every week ;)

Lima

If Necrochasm has the fastest TTK in vanilla PvP then why doesn't anybody use it in sweats?

Because one is a weapon that keeps your opponent weak in case he runs making it easier for collapsing teammate to clean up the kill and well the other is nothing like that. It is also a gun basically no PvP player has.

Frenden

Banned
Jason's (much appreciated) posts explain why Bungie has been so bad with communication the last few months. If the plan is in flux, they can't make any promises early. They'd get roasted for any changes to a public roadmap and anger the community.

Big changes make a lot of the bizarre behavior over there more understandable.

LTWood12

Reviewing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, slowly progressing through Trails of Cold Steel, just got up to episode three of Tales From The Borderlands, occasionally playing FFXIV, and gonna dig back into Diablo 3 this weekend.

It's amazing how much you can do when you're not grinding Oryx/Trials every week ;)

One day, we'll call you back into battle...
hqdefault.jpg

phen0m24

just got up to episode three of Tales From The Borderlands, occasionally playing FFXIV, and gonna dig back into Diablo 3 this weekend.

Oh man, Justin Massongill has been raving about TFTB on Twitter. Should try that..

Diablo 3 is great! I hadn't started it for the reasons you mentioned hehe but am up to Act V already.
Should probably up the difficulty from normal. Monk is melting people

Oh man, Justin Massongill has been raving about TFTB on Twitter. Should try that..

Diablo 3 is great! I hadn't started it for the reasons you mentioned hehe but am up to Act V already. Should probably up the difficulty from normal. Monk is melting people

Another thing Diablo does right. Variable difficulties. You can run things on Normal and cackle with glee as you obliterate elites. It can even be viable too for finishing things fast & gathering mats.

Then you can up the difficulty for more challenge and more rewards.

Damage scaling in Destiny makes it so I can easily play with a level 8 guardian out on patrol in a level 6 zone without trivializing her, but there's no power fantasy there. I still can't punch a greg out in one throw (i know, I know, you gotta aim for the head).

AwXCiBi.jpg

LTWood12

Diablo 3 is great! I hadn't started it for the reasons you mentioned hehe but am up to Act V already.
Should probably up the difficulty from normal. Monk is melting people

Another thing Diablo does right. Variable difficulties. You can run things on Normal and cackle with glee as you obliterate elites. It can even be viable too for finishing things fast & gathering mats.

Then you can up the difficulty for more challenge and more rewards.

Damage scaling in Destiny makes it so I can easily play with a level 8 guardian out on patrol in a level 6 zone without trivializing her, but there's no power fantasy there. I still can't punch a greg out in one throw (i know, I know, you gotta aim for the head).

AwXCiBi.jpg

I'm on my first playthough of the game and playing on Expert. Can't really tell a difference from normal honestly, just better loot. Nothing really ever poses much of a threat.

noomi

Oh hey DGAF, thought I'd pop in and say hello.

How are things around here these days?

Anyone excited for The Division Beta :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

phen0m24

I'm on my first playthough of the game and playing on Expert. Can't really tell a difference from normal honestly, just better loot. Nothing really ever poses much of a threat.

Apparently I am bad at the game?
I just thought it said if you didn't have good gear to do normal so I did normal

Oh hey DGAF, thought I'd pop in and say hello.

How are things around here these days?

Anyone excited for The Division Beta :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slow Noomeh, slow

Yes

Then bump that difficulty up!

7VjK2ya.png

(It's a little simplified on consoles, but there are a bunch of levels, as opposed to Destiny's two.)

Or if you're having fun smashing demons, then don't!

I leveled a new toon from 0 to 36 last Friday. 2 hours and I got 4 legendaries. A loot game with loot! That's all I want, Destiny.

I will never forget how in Diablo 3, they doubled the legendary drop rate for the launch anniversary event week and everybody loved it, so they made it permanent:

14WoJ6u.png

Bungie. This is your competition.

E92 M3

7VjK2ya.png

(It's a little simplified on consoles, but there are a bunch of levels, as opposed to Destiny's two.)

I leveled a new toon from 0 to 36 last Friday. 2 hours and I got 4 legendaries. A loot game with loot! That's all I want, Destiny.

I will never forget how in Diablo 3, they doubled the legendary drop rate for the launch anniversary event week and everybody loved it, so they made it permanent:

14WoJ6u.png

Hahahahah I could never imagine Bungie doing something so positive. Brilliant for the D3 fans, though.

Buy why? Like shields aren't that common. The only time Elementals really mattered was Nightfalls with burns, but most weeks don't have burns.

I want more weapons that complement subclasses. This weapon gives my void abilities a boost. This armor piece gives me a boost everytime I use a

Let's get some real builds, rather than just some flavor.

Yeah, weapons that complement classes. Like what if there was a gun that gave you infinite Knives for a Hunter. As for the element part, what if there was a special effect tied to each element? Solar weapons have explosive bullets, Arc weapons naturally arc damage across multiple enemies, Void weapons cause the enemy to 'Bloom' like a Warlock? Incentive to collect multiple versions of the same weapon, and if Exotics can gain these elements, suddenly the search for loot is applied. People will want a Dragons Breath that shoots Either Fire, Electrified Fire, or Void fire.

Yup. It's about the end game, building your character, and then customizing the way you play and look for loot that changes that.

Right now I'm working on a Demon Hunter that's focused on slowing the enemies. I have a hungering arrow that pierces and gets stronger, Elemental Arrows that split into multiple missiles that strike and slow enemies, Sentry Guns that shoot rockets, and an AoE move that sends 10 flying beasts crashing down on an enemy.

I had been running Rapid Fire earlier, I had found a quiver that let me have Infinite Rapid Fire, but it was a lower level item(I'm still keeping it around so I can extract that power.)

Destiny doesn't offer anything like that. Not saying it should, but it speaks to Diablo 3's ability to be fresh that you want to start a new character for the new season over and over again because it's not a total grind like it is leveling Destiny's classes. You can also say "Hey I'm going to do X when I'm leveling this time", doing a different build or looking for different items.

If Destiny was that, it'd be amazing.

LTWood12

7VjK2ya.png

14WoJ6u.png

You can't go higher than expert (at least on console) on your first playthrough or I would.

Frenden

Banned

14WoJ6u.png

Man, I wish. I kinda feel like Destiny moved a bit in the right direction with HoW end-of-activity reward drop rates (remember all the purps!) only to take it away after. Which is even worse.

E92 M3

Man, I wish. I kinda feel like Destiny moved a bit in the right direction with HoW end-of-activity reward drop rates (remember all the purps!) only to take it away after. Which is even worse.

The worst is that legendary engrams are literally useless. I have ZERO excitement from getting a purple. Bungie also promised that the Cryptarch will give more legendaries for level ups - but that never happened either (I'm sure it was a 0.04% buff).

HoW was nearly perfect loot.

Frenden

Banned
The worst is that legendary engrams are literally useless. I have ZERO excitement from getting a purple. Bungie also promised that the Cryptarch will give more legendaries for level ups - but that never happened either (I'm sure it was a 0.04% buff).

It was definitely better.

WipedOut

If you count Etheric Light as nearly perfect loot then I agree. PoE's Weapons and Armor were trash, Trials had one really great Primary and a Good Rocket Launcher for PVP. Exotics were meh but the Armor was pretty good.

E92 M3

If you count Etheric Light as nearly perfect loot then I agree. PoE's Weapons and Armor were trash, Trials had one really great Primary and a Good Rocket Launcher for PVE. Exotics were meh but the Armor was pretty good.

Yeah, you know I am an etheric light fanboy and am waiting for the day Bungie brings it back lol

Shit, all of this Diablo talk is causing me to get an itch for it. I always thought that it was mediocre. I guess not.

It was bad, then mediocre, then good, then great. Bordering on GOAT when it comes to action loot games now.

It's been 2 years since the last expansion, but there's still a major patch with tons of new mechanics and gear 2x a year.

The game is legit.

I havent even gotten an Ash Factory since TTK launched. In HoW so many Ash Factories dropped for me that i didn't even have to reroll because the god roll came naturally pretty quick. TTK took out rerolling and drastically lowered the drop rates (seriously wtf) so now you just have to be the one in 1000000000000 guy to get lucky enough to even get a drop and for the rolls to not be completely worthless. Who the hell designed this.

Lima

I havent even gotten an Ash Factory since TTK launched. In HoW so many Ash Factories dropped for me that i didn't even have to reroll because the god roll came naturally pretty quick. TTK took out rerolling and drastically lowered the drop rates (seriously wtf) so now you just have to be the one in 1000000000000 guy to get lucky enough to even get a drop and for the rolls to not be completely worthless. Who the hell designed this.

Hey now I have an Ash Factory with Vacuum and Grenadier. That is a legit rocket launcher okay. It also has perfect balance for that perfect stability.

Top Bottom