• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

WipedOut

I havent even gotten an Ash Factory since TTK launched. In HoW so many Ash Factories dropped for me that i didn't even have to reroll because the god roll came naturally pretty quick. TTK took out rerolling and drastically lowered the drop rates (seriously wtf) so now you just have to be the one in 1000000000000 guy to get lucky enough to even get a drop and for the rolls to not be completely worthless. Who the hell designed this.

53891398.jpg

Edit: Top of the Page Ma!

65618475.jpg

Unstable

So how much for everything on PS4?
Just buy the base game "Reaper of Souls". It comes with everything, including the content updates (yay for Blizzard's post game support!)

/controversial opinion
Also, after a nightlong binge with D3, I reaffirm my stance that Destiny is not actaully a loot game.
/controversial opinion

I havent even gotten an Ash Factory since TTK launched. In HoW so many Ash Factories dropped for me that i didn't even have to reroll because the god roll came naturally pretty quick. TTK took out rerolling and drastically lowered the drop rates (seriously wtf) so now you just have to be the one in 1000000000000 guy to get lucky enough to even get a drop and for the rolls to not be completely worthless. Who the hell designed this.
Army of One as a perk on a rocket launcher ftw

/s

It was a lot worse than mediocre at launch.
Lol, I remember the disappointment with it.
~$30 on Amazon.

Here is a summary of all the Diablo 3 patches since it launched.

It's amazing how much they changed and adapted. How humble they were to rip out huge sections of the game and completely retool them.

Just buy the base game "Reaper of Souls". It comes with everything, including the content updates (yay for Blizzard's post game support!)

/controversial opinion
Also, after a nightlong binge with D3, I reaffirm my stance that Destiny is not actaully a loot game.
/controversial opinion
Sweet. So I can play the main Quest like Destiny? As in, with friends?

Just want to put this out there as another example of good communication:

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/so-about-that-thing-we-said/

TL;DR

Harmonix said there would be a patch in January. There is not longer going to be a patch in January. They then went on to fully explain why that wont be happening in full detail about how a bug is causing people to cheat the leaderboards, and will also be wiping the leaderboards clean because of said bug.

This is a great example of a company having great communication skills with their playerbase. Sure someone out there is going to bitch, because it's the internet and that happens, but most people are going to say, "That sucks. Well you tried your best, and while I will have to deal with a small bit of misfortune now, it's better than a large amount of misfortune later."

phen0m24

/controversial opinion
/controversial opinion

Hopefully the game gave you a good gift from me

D3 RNG > Destiny RNG?

Lol, I remember the disappointment with it.

Yeah, everything you do can be done with friends. It also has couch Co-Op!

/controversial opinion
/controversial opinion

WHAT IS DESTINY

SOME HOBBY-GRADE SHIT AW YEAH GET THAT DANK OG

/controversial opinion
/controversial opinion

Luke Smith explicitly said they wanted to lean into being a loot game. Hence the new artifact drop and "increasing drop rates across the board."

But they failed at it. Destiny is not a loot game. And likely never will be anywhere near Diablo, especially for the reasons of balancing PvP. And that's fine. But I want more than where it's at now.

The whole game can be played with up to 4 people at any time. Just play with friends. Hackers abound in public matches with randos.

Frenden

Banned
Man, full auto Part Crasher (with its already higher RoF than other high impact shotties BEFORE adding full auto's RoF buff) is OP as shit. Had several 3.0-ish KD matches just zipping around skirmish and control easily taking out three dudes in a group. And I don't even like shotguns.

Or, well, I didn't. This is becoming addictive.

Man, full auto Part Crasher (with its already higher RoF than other high impact shotties BEFORE adding full auto's RoF buff) is OP as shit. Had several 3.0-ish KD matches just zipping around skirmish and control easily taking out three dudes in a group. And I don't even like shotguns.

Or, well, I didn't. This is becoming addictive.

I'm so proud.

Bungie will enjoy the day Destiny 2 launches and all the materials you horded in Destiny 1 are thrown into the trash compactor.

I think axo is also hoarding some of that etheric light!! Although hoarding is probably better than turning it In For useless queens wrath rep. They need to at least upgrade those weapons to year 2 atk values.

Is the playerbase dwindling? Can you quantify that?

In real world numbers? Only bungie can do that...

Just look at activity levels on Gaf, reddit, lfg....

Luke Smith explicitly said they wanted to lean into being a loot game. Hence the new artifact drop and "increasing drop rates across the board."

But they failed at it. Destiny is not a loot game. And likely never will be anywhere near Diablo, especially for the reasons of balancing PvP. And that's fine. But I want more than where it's at now.

Destiny is definitely a loot game. Just that the loot sucks and puts you at the mercy of a random number generator.

Mindlog

What loot does anyone really need?
Is it just the drive to 320?

I want more content. I've played my favorite mission 'Fear's Embrace' dozens of times. Nightfalls are fun sometimes because they change things up. This week's was much better than I expected.

I want Nightfall Patrols.
Need Nightfall Patrols.

For the uninitiated Nightfall Patrols would be weekly mini-raid equivalents where you land on a planet with your squad and have to figure out/complete random objectives. All enemy makeups would be tuned to certain themes and difficulty levels with custom encounters rounding out boss missions. Think the lower level prison of elders, but you would hide the bosses around the entire patrol zone and getting to them would be contingent on completing sub-goals first.

ocean

Banned
Had a skirmish match where a teammate went 2-14. How the fuck can I win with a guy going this absurdly negative? Seriously if you're doing that bad just camp a corner and hide so you stop feeding the enemy points.

Hey now I have an Ash Factory with Vacuum and Grenadier. That is a legit rocket launcher okay. It also has perfect balance for that perfect stability.

Hello

CZQ-oTFWQAEnCcD.jpg

Though i'd trade it for a Party Crasher with half decent perks

Been trying to play zone control for Legendary Marks and its been going like this..

CZQ-c6oWwAEYYGp.jpg

Still amazes me with either the unbalanced matchmaking or randoms not grasping the fact more zones = more points

Destiny's RNG makes Diablo look like a saint in comparison.

A saint in different universe filled with joy, happiness, and goatmen.

Like this? ;)

And treasure goblins

And the new ones are great! Bloodfiends for blood shards. Odious collectors for mats. So cool.

Treasure Goblins and Puzzle Rings oh my! Might have to fire up D3 and play my Barb again.

You can sacrifice a Puzzle Ring to Kunai's Cube to open a portal to the Treasure Goblin realm where you battle lots of Goblins and fight Greed!

People trying to convert DGAF to Division GAF, but it'll be Diablo GAF if I can help it! Come at me.

E92 M3

What loot does anyone really need?
Is it just the drive to 320?

I want more content. I've played my favorite mission 'Fear's Embrace' dozens of times. Nightfalls are fun sometimes because they change things up. This week's was much better than I expected.

I want Nightfall Patrols.
Need Nightfall Patrols.

For the uninitiated Nightfall Patrols would be weekly mini-raid equivalents where you land on a planet with your squad and have to figure out/complete random objectives. All enemy makeups would be tuned to certain themes and difficulty levels with custom encounters rounding out boss missions. Think the lower level prison of elders, but you would hide the bosses around the entire patrol zone and getting to them would be contingent on completing sub-goals first.

We want more unique weapons and gears. Weapons that truly make the player feel like a legend within the universe. A weapon can be proudly shown off in the tower.

Do you remember the jealousy and lust that the Vex Myhyoclast elicited from others? We want that back.

Unfortunately, until they separate PVE and PVP, I don't see it happening.

WipedOut

Like this? ;)

You can sacrifice a Puzzle Ring to Kunai's Cube to open a portal to the Treasure Goblin realm where you battle lots of Goblins and fight Greed!
Yes that is what I meant by it. We kept on doing ring after ring one night, soooo much loot it was crazy. Probably did about 30-40 at least. I have well over a billion gold.

Lnkn52

Twitter feed has been interesting today with people wondering where the Weekly is up. But besides that, I came across this.

People's complaint about skill based match making is tough but it's been in since inception.

Bungie Weekly Update - 03/14/2014
https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---03142014/en/News/News?aid=11451
Larsa 83 How will the matchmaking work in Destiny competitive multiplayer? For example, some first time gamers playing multiplayer in Destiny and are matched against, say a clan of very skilled players that knows every corner of the map and wins easy. That would ruin my multiplayer experience if I get into a game like that. I like close games where every kill counts and all players are somewhat equal in their skill level.

If you like those moments when you get to tie the leader, you’re in luck. Bungie likes a good, close match, too. Don’t take it from me. Listen to Design Lead Lars Bakken tell you about his work.

“We agree that the best matches are the ones that are the closest. With that in mind, we match players in Destiny based on their performance. Not every game will be neck and neck (as human players have a tendency to get better over time and can have random spiky games), but we’re going to do our best to match you with other players of a similar skill.”

Kilau

We want more unique weapons and gears. Weapons that truly make the player feel like a legend within the universe. A weapon can be proudly shown off in the tower.

Do you remember the jealousy and lust that the Vex Myhyoclast elicited from others? We want that back.

Unfortunately, until they separate PVE and PVP, I don't see it happening.

Touch of Malice was pretty exciting at first. Shame it's so situational.

Twitter feed has been interesting today with people wondering where the Weekly is up. But besides that, I came across this.

People's complaint about skill based match making is tough but it's in since inception.

At the cost of connection stability though? Skill doesn't matter when your opponent is teleporting around the map, or your shots are just off because your game hasn't updated with their position.

Like framerate, connection for a pvp game should be prioritized.

Yeah, at first I was hyped as fuck getting it. It's still the most unique looking exotic, though. Also has the coolest backstory associated with it.

I used mine for infusion fodder the day I got it.

I don't care what the weapon is, if I don't like the ADS, I wont use it. ToM has a shitty ADS to me, so I was done with it pretty quick.

I've never felt like I needed it, or was missing out by not having it. My 319 Hung Jury seems to be doing just fine.

Deku Tree

People's complaint about skill based match making is tough but it's been in since inception.

This super long post on Reddit today critiquing ELO rankings used in Trials is also relevant to the discussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...elo_ratings_what_is_it_and_what_does_it_mean/

Basically yeah Bungie uses SBMM and it has been in since the beginning. And they tweak it sometimes without admitting it.

But it also seems like they use SBMM based upon the ranking of the fireteam leader and not your whole preformed fireteam. And on top of that connection quality has an extreme adverse affect on SBMM. Similar skill teams, one team benefitting from lag means that the other team dominates and it feels very unfair.

Axoman

I think axo is also hoarding some of that etheric light!! Although hoarding is probably better than turning it In For useless queens wrath rep. They need to at least upgrade those weapons to year 2 atk values.

You are correct! I think I used a total of about 6-8 etheric light during HoW,still have all the rest on my vault. I'd rather bring all my old raid gear to it's max than turn in for rep.

Yeah, at first I was hyped as fuck getting it. It's still the most unique looking exotic, though. Also has the coolest backstory associated with it.

18 weeks since the release of TTK

Have cleared all the challenge modes, Hard mode multiple times

Nobody has noticed that I still do not, in fact, have a Touch of Malice

Top Bottom