• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

edukate

Someone please give Deej the slip to see HR on his way out from work today. Either that, or hire someone with a proven track record in community engagement/ media relations and crises management as a safety net.

They've already done this with dances. The Thriller dance isn't available for PS3/360 and can't be transferred to them either. Armor and guns don't have idle animation on PS3/360 either. Parity has only meant the actual playable content itself since House of Wolves.

Outside of actual playable.. er.. experience? They haven't bothered to hold back next gen on content parity.

Yeah I think they said they wanted last gen to have the same experience for the most part so cosmetic stuff like emotes makes sense to only have next gen count.

Unfortunately I can't remember where they talked about them wanting to have parity.

FyreWulff

I'm still expecting another 5 years of ea sports games and nba 2k on the ps3/360.

Fun fact: EA is allowed to mostly self cert and is damn near rubberstamped in terms of submissions to first party.

If they fuck up submissions you get knocked back down the cert tiers, though, so they had to be really consistent to get to that point.

WipedOut

Update should be up in less than 3 hours, comes from an internal staff member, and still has unconfirmed details in it? They announced this update what, at least two weeks ago?

Hopefully he's just talking out of his ass, because if that's actually the case, what the hell is going on over there?

I swear they need to get rid of him and that moron Cozmo (He adds zero to the community other than posting stupid silly videos that we have already seen on Reddit), they need a REAL community manager not some PR Puppet/s.

E92 M3

How does someone that's in charge of speaking to the community on behalf of the dev team type up unconfirmed details? If they were unconfirmed, why did you type them up in the first place? That gives off the impression that they're pretty unorganized over there.

Deej gets his details from Reddit and then confirms with Bungie :p

Most of us who pay attention have had that impression for quite a long time now.

It seems to be more of a fact of life than an impression actually.

Just go and think about where the current OT title comes from.

It would seem as such.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at this point it's almost as if they're a bit arrogant with the success of the game. I can't speak for others in the company, but Deej is a public personality, and he doesn't appear to be taking his job that seriously. He shouldn't be fired, but he should show some attempts at getting his shit together.

I swear they need to get rid of him and that moron Cozmo (He adds zero to the community other than posting stupid silly videos that we have already seen on Reddit), they need a REAL community manager not some PR Puppet/s.

A worthy exchange for no content. I honestly can't think of one redeeming feature between the pair of them

A worthy exchange for no content. I honestly can't think of one redeeming feature between the pair of them

That's not fair to Cozmo.

He's never really been given a chance to spread his own wings and show us what he can do. I know he's typed up like 2 BWU, but the first one was obviously a "I guess I'll try to do it like Deej" attempt, and that didn't go over well.

His second one wasn't bad, but there was like nothing to report on anyway.

Basically, Cozmo seems like he's just been given the bitch work.

WipedOut

Also his writing style is atrocious. Does he think he's pandering to the characters of the Big Bang Theory? Is that who he thinks the community is?

That's not fair to Cozmo.

He's never really been given a chance to spread his own wings and show us what he can do. I know he's typed up like 2 BWU, but the first one was obviously a "I guess I'll try to do it like Deej" attempt, and that didn't go over well.

His second one wasn't bad, but there was like nothing to report on anyway.

Basically, Cozmo seems like he's just been given the bitch work.

That is fair, but still he really adds nothing and seems like he was only hired to farm through reddit posts and find videos/artwork that most if not all of us have already seen. It's mostly a rant on Deej. Maybe some people like him.

How does someone that's in charge of speaking to the community on behalf of the dev team type up unconfirmed details? If they were unconfirmed, why did you type them up in the first place? That gives off the impression that they're pretty unorganized over there.

I was trying to be charitable and instead everyone has pitchforks out.

I think after the 4% to 0.04% debacle DeeJ is treating all info as unconfirmed.

That happens in PvP too. There is a part of the underside of every guardian that does not take damage but that does affect your guardians physics. Some pro players try to jump in the air to avoid shotgun damage and it works.

Edit: and I think that you didn't take fall damage because you were sliding on the invisible wall behind Crota.

You learn something new every day.

Also seems that way from the video.

ACR0019

Not really Destiny-related, but I thought it was cute.

A world artist at Bungie made this cool tree for his daughter's room and he posted it on reddit

http://imgur.com/a/M6V45

What an incredible design! If I had that as a kid, I would've never left my room. If I remember correctly, that looks like the world artist who did the Ride Along of the Cosmodrome with Deej. Seemed like a really cool dude in the video (his explanation of certain details in the Sepiks strike was mindblowing).

Also his writing style is atrocious. Does he think he's pandering to the characters of the Big Bang Theory? Is that who he thinks the community is?

I think he wants to be a proper writer one day, for something that isn't a video game journal, and he plans on incorporating the BWUs into his portfolio and such.

I don't know if he's looking to Scripts, Novels, or what, but he's definitely working towards something that isn't this.

edukate

Cozmo is fine in my book.

However, someone please give Deej the slip to see HR on his way out from work today. Either that, or hire someone with a proven track record in community engagement/ media relations and crises management as a safety net.

That is fair, but still he really adds nothing and seems like he was only hired to farm through reddit posts and find videos/artwork that most if not all of us have already seen. It's mostly a rant on Deej. Maybe some people like him.

As far as I'm concerned Cozmo still pretty much has a clean slate. Dude looks a little uncomfortable in front of a camera, but other than that, he hasn't really done anything (that we can see) that puts him in either the Good or Bad category.

Some of us had talked about doing D+O anywhere from 1-3x, starting between 5-5:30 pm EST. Not sure if that group is full but if there's space and you're willing to wait then maybe that would work.
Yeah. I was trying to squeeze one in before then. 5pm is too close to when the wife and kid get home. Thanks though!

Deku Tree

As far as I'm concerned Cozmo still pretty much has a clean slate. Dude looks a little uncomfortable in front of a camera, but other than that, he hasn't really done anything (that we can see) that puts him in either the Good or Bad category.

And Cozmo actually plays Destiny, a lot. Player did his moments of Triump on both consoles! He raids frequently. He even puts together PUG raid groups from amongst his twitter followers sometimes. And he raids with Twitch streamers. And Cozmo was one of the founders of the Destiny Sub Reddit, as well as a long time mod there... I don't know what specifically anyone would have against Cozmo at this point.

Cozmo was hired because he's young. He can be the guy to go to tournaments and do Twitch and browse the Youtubes.

DeeJ is a very solid Press PR guy. Watch his interviews with journalists. The guy knows the game, knows his talking points and sticks to them. Bungie won't have to worry about a Luke Smith incident sending him out. His writing style is very frustrating as his is... smarm (his boss has 1600 weapon parts)? It's also frustrating how he doesn't seem to play the game very much. Another reason Cozmo was hired I'm sure.

Urk actually plays the game a lot and is the behind the scenes guys. He's such a straight shooter. I miss him.

LTWood12

Cozmo was hired because he's young. He can be the guy to go to tournaments and do Twitch and browse the Youtubes.

DeeJ is a very solid Press PR guy. Watch his interviews with journalists. The guy knows the game, knows his talking points and sticks to them. Bungie won't have to worry about a Luke Smith incident sending him out. His writing style is very frustrating as his is... smarm? It's also frustrating how he doesn't seem to play the game very much. Another reason Cozmo was hired I'm sure.

Urk actually plays the game a lot and is the behind the scenes guys. He's such a straight shooter. I miss him.

That's where Deej belongs. Press interviews. Weekly updates and player interaction should be assigned to someone else.

Getting ready for the Division of DGAF with new edgy avatars. Grab a beanie and hop on LT, we need ya.

I go where DGAF goes. I'll be there when the time comes.

Nah it's cool. I've just come to know so many people by their avatars. Still getting used to Breezy's Bowie.

That's one of the reasons I've never changed it before, but I guess I was a bit bored of it anyway. I'll probably change this one as ell at some point, so don't get too used to it. :p

And Cozmo actually plays Destiny, a lot. Player did his moments of Triump on both consoles! He raids frequently. He even puts together PUG raid groups from amongst his twitter followers sometimes. And he raids with Twitch streamers. And Cozmo was one of the founders of the Destiny Sub Reddit, as well as a long time mod there... I don't know what specifically anyone would have against Cozmo at this point.

What kills me is Deej has/had this same sort of setup before he joined Bungie.

He was a clan leader/founder and super active at the HBO forums (Halo.Bungie.Org for those not in the know).

He's played Halo for years, but he still has habits of someone knew the FPS genre that bug the crap out of me.

So I don't know what's going on,

Other people are obviously free to disagree, but I don't think we should talk about wanting any Bungie employees fired. There's no shortage of legitimate criticisms for Bungie's PR but there's also a big difference between valid critique and saying people should lose their livelihood.

I know I tend to be the Mr. Rogers of DGAF's neighborhood, but I just don't think it's something we want associated with our community.

WipedOut

What we have so far.

PS4 - Crota's End Hard Mode: 5-530 PM Eastern. Start time.

1. W193D0UT
2. NamiKaze1
3. Moi - aka Fig
4. skywalker_3li
6. Death (If he's awake)

Other people are obviously free to disagree, but I don't think we should talk about wanting any Bungie employees fired. There's no shortage of legitimate criticisms for Bungie's PR but there's also a big difference between valid critique and saying people should lose their livelihood.

I know I tend to be the Mr. Rogers of DGAF's neighborhood, but I just don't think it's something we want associated with our community.

Not fired but they need to pull Deej off the weekly update (IMO), maybe that's why they hired Cozmo, train him and let him take over leaving Deej to do the press junkets and interviews, I would be fine with that if Cozmo can do the job.

I will say one strike against Cozmo is that after he was hired, he made a GAF account, and like 1 post to say hi, and then we never heard from him again.

Ryan%20Howard%20-%20pointing%20up_zpsyl9tqd9j.gif

LTWood12

I agree.

It's a beautiful day in the the neighborhood
a beautiful day for a neighbor
would you be my
could you be my
won't you be my neighbor?

ocean

Banned
What I've never understood about the Deej hate is the idea that he's in charge of anything. He's just doing his job, relaying the information he's authorized to disclose at the time and pace that he's instructed to do so.

When you're tasked with writing a 1,000 word (or whatever) update every week and the higher ups haven't green-lighted basically anything of note for you to communicate, you're bound to talk shit and go "hey look at this pretty video!".

This is more an indictment of management than the PR folks and a classic case of shooting the messenger. Does the whole needlessly verbose writing style annoy me? Eh maybe but it's not such a big deal. Most of the Deej-hate stems from what he says (or saying so very little of note), and then is just made more annoying because of how he says it.

I think a meaty update is still met with satisfaction, big words or not. But whether a) there's a lot of interesting stuff to say and b) whether said stuff is the kind that makes us happy or makes us rage are the main determinants. And he doesn't control either.

Deku Tree

I will say one strike against Cozmo is that after he was hired, he made a GAF account, and like 1 post to say hi, and then we never heard from him again.

Well he made a very useful post both on gaming side and in the OT, where he told people specifically not to jump the gun and dismantle all of their previous gear just yet. And that was a great post because we hadn't yet been told about e-light...

That happens in PvP too. There is a part of the underside of every guardian that does not take damage but that does affect your guardians physics. Some pro players try to jump in the air to avoid shotgun damage and it works.

Edit: and I think that you didn't take fall damage because you were sliding on the invisible wall behind Crota.

I wasn't that lucky...and this was AFTER they fixed the bug :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaLSmtWOJDE

Top Bottom