• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

GlamFM

Banned
It's not just this one, it's every weekly update. Just seems odd that it's released randomly on Thursday

Every Thursday is not random in my book.

Keep in mind that Bungie is big company and Deej is only a small part of it.

He is the community manager, not a developer.

He roams the offices, talks to people, sits in meetings and takes notes.

When the time for the BWU comes I imagine he writes a "layout" and than has to check back with the departments.

Is a project still on track? Is this or that data still accurate? Will this bug be fixed or do they need more time? etc.

Game development is very dynamic and not linear at all.

Stuff changes - all the time.

I find it totally understandable that he has to confirm everything even to the last minute.

Any one up for HM Daughters and Oryx? I have the cp after golg, so there might be some jumping involved.
Lets say 5pm est

Pandora012
Boguester
Jakfu - PSN?
WeTeHa
meginyu

Wes needs ones mores!

Ugh how can we be expected to care about a week long event when after it is gone we are back to having nothing new to do. Events are such a waste of resources.

I'm impartial to Crimson Days, but I'm anxious to try out Iron Banner Rift. I usually can't stand that mode, but I think playing with other gaffers might make things a bit better. A little disappointed that the PS Exclusive armor is the same as it was last month.

Ugh how can we be expected to care about a week long event when after it is gone we are back to having nothing new to do. Events are such a waste of resources.

This is what Bungie wants. They don't want you playing it every night. They want you to come back every 2 months and drop money on Silver.

each event has been this way.

Lnkn52

Y2F5Zr8.png

I'm holding on to this. Keep your words please.

It's nice they are mixing up the game modes but I've never been a big fan of rift.
I don't mind changing the modes but my experience with rift is either a blowout for one side or it goes till time expires. I typically play a lot solo (outside of the weekends with you guys) and got matched up with tons of 6 man fireteams, if this happens now (in rift) it will be very frustrating to get wins.

Good thing most of my bounties are already done.

E92 M3

The easiest thing in the world for them to do is release stats.

From what I understand they have monitors all over Bungie that show almost every statistic you could think of. Why not share one or two of thos with us a week?

This week at Bungie it looks like more rep was turned into New Monarchy than FWC and Dead Orbit combined.

This week at Bungie it looks like Titans performed more revives than Warlocks or Hunters, but were also revived more than Warlocks or Hunters.

This week at Bungie it looks like the old Exotic Ruin Wings trigger an additional 7.6 million heavy ammo packs.

This week at Bungie it looks like 360,000 people completed the Gold Tier Trials Bounty.

etc...

I've been begging for indepth stats for so long. Bungie has so many cool numbers that they can tell us.

Frenden

Banned
Doubles could be weird with the way they framed it. Valentines themed event? Who is this for? Everyone I know, wife included, hates Valentines. Weird positioning. Blergh.

Navy Bean

Another bare-bones update. Basically, Bungie has nothing to sell us so they have nothing to tell us...

Does anybody like Rift? From my experience 75% of the matches are a one-sided mess.

Will Crimson Doubles have MM?

the_id

But I don't celebrate Valentine.

And rift for iron banner...a full GAF train will destroy a group of randoms in a few mins.

This is what Bungie wants. They don't want you playing it every night. They want you to come back every 2 months and drop money on Silver.

each event has been this way.

We would cone back just as hard if they added content instead of events though, and would have more to do in the meantime between the next bit of stuff. It's all about the microtransactions. The events are all designed in a way to fuel microtransactions but it's okay because it funds more useless events. Sigh.

Lnkn52

On Goth's stream, they think Crimson Double will be 2 v 2 v 2 or shared health

But ofcourse, we have to wait for another update

Deku Tree

Lars: We launched The Taken King with an overhaul to the skill system that would let us gather information about how we can best prioritize a match. That work first began in October, beginning with the Control playlist. Over time, we’ve expanded the system to cover more activities in the Crucible. In December, we activated it in all playlists.

It's funny that Bungie publicly denied this at the time on twitter, maybe even Lars did, they blamed it on SRL, even when players were noticing it and talking about it online.

Lars: We promise. In fact, there are some new changes coming in the near future that are intended to help reduce what we call latency (what you call “lag”). We’re looking through all the new data now, and we’ll be taking measures to improve the experience.

I'll take a wait and see approach on this one... would be great if it worked.

Top Bottom