• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Theorry

People need to stop comparing Division and Destiny. For their own self. Division is way more a RPG and is not gonna have the same legs week after week like game like Destiny.

Namikaze1

I could understand if you were playing it solo, but with the sheer number of people in this thread alone abandoning Destiny for the Division, I think you'll get getting more than a month out of it.
I'm abandoning Destiny just for the beta. Full game depends on how much I enjoy my time with the beta.

It's looking like UC4 being my first purchase of the year.

spyder_ur

I don't see it with the Division to be honest. The movement, enemy AI and shooting look mediocre if not downright bad. The game could be good despite that, but if you like Destiny those are all things that Destiny does at least pretty well if not spectacularly. Maybe it will come together though, or play better than it looks.

I did preorder for the beta though, so I will check it out.

Does anyone know what the max fireteam is in the Division?

Dave_6

Haven't read the BWU but after the impressions here, I don't need to. Now knowing that Destiny 2 is not coming this year, my time with this game is done for the foreseeable future until some significant PvE content arrives. I've got a huge backlog of games to play thanks to Destiny anyways.

Once UC4 releases, that will be my PvP game of choice (unless ND drastically changes it) because the beta was so much fun.

^I preordered the Division as well today just to get in the beta. If I don't like it, then I'll cancel the preorder.

stb

That sucks. It seems I may have to divert my attention to The Division

"The Division"? More like "The DivERsion"
Nailed it, guys.

Currently pretty hyped for Division. Just ask captscience, haybro, dave, spyder, GRIP.

EDIT: Berried and the Little Nerds COMBO

Raven117

I wish some of you folks would hop on the Rainbow 6 Siege train. That's some seriously great stuff right there.

Yeah, between The Division, Dark Souls 3, and Unchartered 4...(with some other stuff thrown in there)....I guess its about time I put Destiny down for a long while.

You had me Destiny...you did...but I can't spend another Valentines Day with you knowing that you are lying to me. Se la Vie.

I don't see it with the Division to be honest. The movement, enemy AI and shooting look mediocre if not downright bad. The game could be good despite that, but if you like Destiny those are all things that Destiny does at least pretty well if not spectacularly. Maybe it will come together though, or play better than it looks.

I cant believe that when i started reading that pvp skill based connection part i was expecting that they were gonna be talking about going back to connection based matchmaking for trials. This hurts.

spyder_ur

Haven't read the BWU but after the impressions here, I don't need to. Now knowing that Destiny 2 is not coming this year, my time with this game is done for the foreseeable future until some significant PvE content arrives. I've got a huge backlog of games to play thanks to Destiny anyways.

I can get you back in I bet. You missed a solid Rocket League session after Golgy CM the other night.

"The Division"? More like "The DivERsion"
Nailed it, guys.

Currently pretty hyped for Division. Just ask captscience, haybro, dave, spyder, GRIP.

EDIT: Berried and the Little Nerds COMBO

You know I meant to compliment you for your joke in the Division thread about the YMCA outfits, and then you pull this shit.

You did not nail it.

Falifax

Hmm shame but also happy really. Love the game and i would be happy to see a new Destiny end of the year. But Destiny 2 should be the we really expected it to be. So more time would do that. So i am fine with it.

Same here. The idea that some people are hoping or wishing for Destiny 2 to be a 2016 release is fucking insane to me.

Especially when you think about how Halo 2 was supposed to be released 2 years apart from Combat Evolved and came back from E3 2003 completely devastated because they had a burning car crash on their hands that in no way could make a Fall 2003 release.

Give them all the time they need with the sequel, there's so many other awesome games coming out this year.

That skill based matchmaking though...

In all seriousness. Can someone explain to me how a playerbase knowing about matchmaking tweeking would impact the statistical data?

Like, Lars said he needed unbiased data, but how would anything change if we knew?

What data would have been tainted here?

stb

I can get you back in I bet. You missed a solid Rocket League session after Golgy CM the other night.

Yeah, Dave; you missed out, man! It was like old times...

You know I meant to compliment you for your joke in the Division thread about the YMCA outfits, and then you pull this shit.

<3 U, spyder.

So, no joke--is there a DivisionGAF thread already? Should I be bookmarking something else in my subscriptions?

Closest is this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171023

DGAF folks RAID it frequently
I'M ON A ROLL TODAY
. There will be a BETA thread soon, too.

stay gold

I don't understand why Destiny, a game with 0 ranked playlists, needs skill based matchmaking.

Even Treyarch dropped that shit in under 24 hours in BO3 due to user backlash.

nowai

I also pre-orded the Division to try the beta, but I agree with you.

Destiny does the whole "shooting stuff in the face" mechanic absolutely wonderfully.

For me, shooting yellow bar bullet sponge enemies in Destiny feels okay because they are monsters or super hero soldiers in PvP, In the Division the enemies are humans and it really breaks my immersion to see someone run through a grenade and then take 4 point blank shotgun blasts and not die.

edukate

I would really appreciate it if you would elaborate on this.

edit: sorry, I missed your response on the reply page.

That seems like entirely baseless speculation and not a particularly good idea.

It absolutely is a baseless speculation and is a result of the lack of transparency on Bungie's end when communicating the future of Destiny. Enough with the secrecy and broadcasting vague news as news... I guess what I want is some sort of roadmap-- just something. Tentative dates. Something.

Taken King had plenty of content. I got my money's worth.

Instead, can you please, please retool things. Fix King's Fall loot drops. Double drop rates. Put Iron Banner on a fixed schedule. Make some Year 1 strikes be the Nightfall. Don't even update them. Just use content there. Reward players.

I also pre-orded the Division to try the beta, but I agree with you.

Destiny does the whole "shooting stuff in the face" mechanic absolutely wonderfully.

For me, shooting yellow bar bullet sponge enemies in Destiny feels okay because they are monsters or super hero soldiers in PvP, In the Division the enemies are humans and it really breaks my immersion to see someone run through a grenade and then take 4 point blank shotgun blasts and not die.

Yeah watched a bit of a video just now and the player had to pump half a dozen rounds of smg rounds into an unarmored dude 2 feet from him. I don't like bullet sponges at all in any context but like you said I can explain it away a lot better with Destiny when the enemies are aliens as opposed to the Division where it's people.

stb

I genuinely do not mean this as an insult or anything, but this sort of cognitive dissonance fascinates me.

I GET it, I just think it's amazing. Shooting demonic looking ALIENS on a gazillion-mile long spaceship near Saturn your brain is OK with. But when hoodied thug doesn't go down in a few shots from an MP5 your brain is like "hold up". Interesting stuff.

THAT SAID, I've never been able to mentally get into games that much. I'm always aware I'm playing a game. I may get tense or sweaty hands or something, but I just can't get immersed in a game

unless it's spooky

and then I just don't play it

Top Bottom