• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm about to boot fig off the team. She's never play Zelda or has watch Star Wars.
It'd be justified.

Edit: Top of page GIF? Sure. Here's Bungie's matchmaking in progress.
tumblr_ma9c0ewHaT1rb136co1_500.gif

E92 M3

What I will never forget is Bungie taking 5 months to patch the Heavy Ammo glitch. And it wasn't because they cared. It was because we wouldn't shut up.

Or when they finally fixed weapons parts, DeeJ snarked that it wasn't a big deal because his Boss has tons of them.

Bungie's lack of empathy to player concerns is staggering. I wish Bungie was proactive. I wish they did more than listen.

And yes, I'm sure Ghaleon is going to take us all to task, but it's frustrating to care about something when it feels the other party doesn't.

Crimson Doubles should be called Unrequited Love.

You said it right: It seems we care about this game's intricacies more than Bungie does. Obviously there are some very passionate developers there, but no one is communicating that. Deej is giving us the standard PR speak.

hydruxo

Instead of writing all that up they should've just said "Go play The Division until Destiny 2 comes out" because that's basically what I'm leaning towards nowadays

phen0m24

What I will never forget is Bungie taking 5 months to patch the Heavy Ammo glitch. And it wasn't because they cared. It was because we wouldn't shut up.

Or when they finally fixed weapons parts, DeeJ snarked that it wasn't a big deal because his Boss has tons of them.

Bungie's lack of empathy to player concerns is staggering. I wish Bungie was proactive. I wish they did more than listen.

Coming back to start the Year with we lied about Matchmaking & don't expect any big changes for months is a real letdown. A punch in the gut.

And yes, I'm sure Ghaleon is going to take us all to task, but it's frustrating to care about something when it feels the other party doesn't.

Crimson Doubles should be called Unrequited Love.

valentines day bungie? this is the last straw

worst holiday ever

You said it right: It seems we care about this game's intricacies more than Bungie does. Obviously there are some very passionate developers there, but no one is communicating that. Deej is giving us the standard PR speak.

OT 39| Tainted Love

One thing I'll say in favor of the Division is that it has a radial emote wheel. It would be great if in Destiny we could have an emote wheel on one of the buttons on the d-pad and have the rest customizable for either quick access emotes or consumables.

Midas

Lol

@tripleWRECK: Hey at least you'll all be able to share the misery playing Valentines Doubles with your significant other thanks to Skill-Based Matchmaking

literally everyone is ragging on them now

They deserve it though. I've seen people on Twitter defending them already. I guess they're afraid to be removed from the marketing list and missing out on events. :lol

lt519

Holy shit Iron Banner rift. Interested to see 6 man team strategies, I think the game type may shine in that setting. When its a team of randoms its a mess, and if it's ever 6 vs randoms it's a slaughter, some 6v6 fireteam matches might get clever.

Frenden

Banned
I talked to another press friend. He's saying he's not heard anything concrete, but that what he has heard implied they'd struggle to get anything like a full game done for this year. He's been on the money in the past and this isn't the first person we've heard this from now.

SheHateMe

Hey DGAF! How are things-
fire_community.gif

Oh.

Well.

Hm.

I guess I can stick with my break. All I wanted to do was love Destiny. But love hurts.

Hurts bad.

Shiv47

Gonna wait to hear if IB drops are more plentiful before sinking any time in it. As for Rift being the mode...ehhhhh. I guess it might be tolerable in Gaf trains. Otherwise forget it.

phen0m24

I actually figured someone would have. Great minds think alike :)

Of course, the Division beta makes it re-relevant. The Division and Diablo 3 will probably occupy most of my game time for the next while.

Divide and Conquer
The Great Divide
Subtraction buy Division

I talked to another press friend. He's saying he's not heard anything concrete, but that what he has heard implied they'd struggle to get anything like a full game done for this year. He's been on the money in the past and this isn't the first person we've heard this from now.

PSF verified

bitsurugi

So I originally wanted to run Hard Mode when it was live with my reset crew. Begged Fig (a lot) to come but alas, most weren't available during that time. So it was just myself, rodiard, and Fig. Fig bailed out about 6 hours before it went up so I had to scramble around looking for a 6th. I believe Bitsurugi ended up being Fig's replacement.

Stream was up for nearly 3 hours and 40 minutes. The first twenty was spent at the main screen while about ten minutes were spent at the Tower after all was said and done taking a group photo.

I will most likely never forget that day. Started so randomly, think you guys needed 1 guy and me needing a group, since my old group wasn't hardcore at all and i wanted to beat Crota day1, asap, since i have invested sooo much time into this game, plus me loving raiding and new content.

Raid went really smooth, must have been that music of Rocky you had. 6 random, but determined guardians, going for the ''unknown'' (tbh, it was well known, as HM changes weren't as we anticipated).

And our group with 4 titans proved to be perfect in sinergy, since we really had our bubble train strat going on Crota. Little did we know at that time, that a certain ledge is gona be a safe zone...
That was a pure legit kill and we all did the ''stairs'' strat for the first time, since we did bottom middle on normal mode and were used to that. Oddly, we beat Datto's group who were practicing stairs strat all the time on normal mode. That was a good day.

Later on Crota would be ridiculized by people doing it ''no hurt'', ''backwards'' ''solo'' ''blindfolded'' ''drums sticks only'' etc.
But at that time, having beat Crota on Hard, wasn't an easy feat, esp on day1 and we were all understandingly proud.

Back to Y2: having remembered how was that day.... I'd have a ''bad'' Crota-like raid any day instead of a Valentine's ''sliver spending'' event :(

Thanks Nami, for the ''back in time moment''!

Umm. Well you know destiny is officially dead when a bwu like this comes out and there is no rage. Just shrugs and laughs.

The passion is gone. We cant even get upset at this kinda crap anymore. Weve been beaten down.

Bungie. You have officially killed your own game

Deej is first and foremost a PR guy, and that's fine, but his job title also says that he's the voice of Bungie to the community. That's the problem right there, I think. He's good when he's scripted or talking to journalists, but when he's interacting with the community he comes off as unequipped. In fact, sometimes he often comes off as condescending.

I understand that not every week can showcase a massive BWU, but make it worth reading. Kor of Memory mentioned that they'd like to see more stats, and I agree. They're sitting on a trove of information that would make good filler, but it's virtually unused. On top of that, they could do random giveaways or contests during the weeks that information is sparse. Let us design some new shaders and emblems.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online for a little over a week now, so I'm trying to drink in as much information that I can about the game. Their team of Community Managers run a bi-monthly video called ESO Live. Throughout the show they do giveaways in the chat, they interview PvP designers and other members of the team. Heck, on their forums they had an Ask Us Anything thread and they answered a bunch of those questions on the show. They're not great on camera, but they care about the community.

SnakeEyes

Banned
RG0BS1U.gif

lol this isn't that big a deal. Just *gasp* stop going all-in with this game and play it casually or not at all. Bungie doesn't give a shit so why should you?

Trakan

Bungie finally admitted they added skill based matchmaking? Holy shit.

I don't know whether that Derek Caroll guy was lying when he said there were no changes, or if there's really no communication at all between anyone over there.

LTWood12

I don't know whether that Derek Caroll guy was lying when he said there were no changes, or if there's really no communication at all between anyone over there.

.04% of it was true. So round that to 0.

Frenden

Banned

His tweet was a serious of unfortunate typos.

phen0m24

Umm. Well you know destiny is officially dead when a bwu like this comes out and there is no rage. Just shrugs and laughs.

The passion is gone. We cant even get upset at this kinda crap anymore. Weve been beaten down.

Bungie. You have officially killed your own game

Dear Rob and Mrs. Rob:

So they're saying that skill based mm is a problem. But does it only count ft leader? If so, we should advertise. We could be in demand for IB teams, for ToO squads.

We are awesome! Or not. :p

Frenden

Banned
We need to collectively find a friend who is beyond terrible at PvP to be our Fireteam leader. Preferably with a redbar connection.

Top Bottom