• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Having a really hard time deciding between Division on PC or PS4. Whenever I play Destiny I wish I was using a mouse and controller. But I feel the player base will be substantially larger on PS4.

Sadly I don't think Division will work quite as well as Destiny does playing with people across the world. So playing the new D with the current DGAF crew might not work out so well :(
Pretty perplexed on what to do about this myself.

Lnkn52

f4lKLmg.png

Armamentarium, Armamentarium, Voidfang, Titan Alpha Lupi, Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi, Armamentarium, Tanantella, Armamentarium, ... TWILIGHT GARRISON. The Garrison cost me 190 coins.

I fear this will be me.

I horded chest engrams before the last patch, and of the 8 I had, none of them were Twilight Garrison.

I have 422 coins right now...

We'll see what happens.

Slermy

Hey Destiny-GAF, I've got a question for you.

My light level is 307. If I buy the exotic chest engrams, are those likely to decode above 300 light? I've got ~100 SC and my chest piece is still 297.

Had 57 strange coins. Enough for 3 engrams.

Crest of Alpha Lupi
Armamentarium
and.....

T W I L I G H T G A R R I S O N

Yay! \o/

edit: Is is possible to roll my TG for INT/DISC? the Armory page just shows: 46-78 for all three stats.

WipedOut

Hey Destiny-GAF, I've got a question for you.

My light level is 307. If I buy the exotic chest engrams, are those likely to decode above 300 light? I've got ~100 SC and my chest piece is still 297.

You will have a chance at 310 but most likely will decode at 290. If you're 311 you get a guaranteed 310.

WipedOut

I'll share some NSFW screenshots from TW3 if you're still not convinced you need to play that game asap :p

Yeah, some of those pics you sent last night are part of the reason I'm starting it tonight. Was going to venture out tonight for some real life fun but cold front and rain are coming in this afternoon so screw that.

Wow Twilight Garrison looks pretty ugly. Also, why do people want the Tarantula so bad?

Doing NM KF Raid - Start to hopeful finish - 8pm est

Pandora012
Pandora's friend

I'll share some NSFW screenshots from TW3 if you're still not convinced you need to play that game asap :p

If you play on PS4, the Destiny HUD-less screenshot trick* works for Witcher 3 too.

* In Destiny, open your character screen, then close it and there's a split second before the HUD comes back you can hit the SHARE button. In Witcher 3, press Start, then close the Start menu & hit SHARE. Voila!

Also, Witcher 3 is a tremendous game. Incredible depth and breadth. Smart writing. And, I've never encountered a game that actually makes fatherhood a real theme. It's done really well, and hits me where I live.

It's digital boobies Ruthless. lol

who said anything about boobies?

dirty mind lnkn

If you play on PS4, the Destiny HUD-less screenshot trick* works for Witcher 3 too.

Also, Witcher 3 is a tremendous game. Incredible depth and breadth. Smart writing. And, I've never encountered a game that actually makes fatherhood a real theme. It's done really well, and hits me where I live.

I know, have over 100 glorious screens. I spent hours just walking around, admiring the views.

SpecX

Omg Bungie fix your lag. Practicing in rift for the horrible upcoming IB and this stormcaller starts his super and starts teleport ing all over the map.

Later in the match another one starts his super and gets killed, but the lightning is still pulsing from his dead corpse killing everyone that runs past. Stupid system didn't record, but wanted to capture that clip of amazing lag.

Bought one legacy gauntlet engram and immediately got the Ruin Wings - the only Y1 gauntlets I was missing. So the legacy engram still works the way it was supposed to.
Why the game never gave me the Queenbreaker's Bow, but kept giving me mostly Dreg's Promises and Lord of Wolves' with the legacy special weapon engrams? Who knows...

About to do the Daily, but is there anyone around that still needs Black Spindle? If not, I'll just run it normally and anyone can join if they want. Just post here if you actually want to do the Spindle run since I won't be on mic.

So for stat splits for my Titans:

INT/DISC for my Striker / Sunbreaker
INT/STR for my Defender in Iron Banner/Rumble
DISC/STR for Defender in Trials (because I don't need a bubble really)

I wonder what the Trials map will be.

About to do the Daily, but is there anyone around that still needs Black Spindle? If not, I'll just run it normally and anyone can join if they want. Just post here if you actually want to do the Spindle run since I won't be on mic.
Need one for my alt Titan.
Will be online in 30-40min if that's OK.

Need one for my alt Titan.
Will be online in 30-40min if that's OK.

Umm I'm actually at the elevator right now but if you need help a bit later when you get online just post here and I should be able to join.

I need to do the black spindle part of the daily, can I solo it at 315+ light? I want to get the ship.

You can easily solo it at much lower light than that if you have exotic swords. Remember it's just a Daily so the light level requirement isn't that high. It has a lot more to do with strategy: clearing the adds and blights quickly.

But like Rasen said if you've already done the Spindle mission before on a given character and didn't get the ship then you'll never get the ship (unless they patch it eventually).

Oh damn. Well I don't believe I did it on my Warlock or Titan ever before so I have two chances.

Is it solo-able?

not from my perspective, but i'm not the best person to ask. XD
there are a metric-ton of ads and it gets rather hectic, to say the least.

edit: exotic swords make the taniks room much more manageable...

Top Bottom