• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nothing but SRL until destiny 2, facepalm.
I mean you know for a fact this isn't the case based even only looking at the language in the last couple of BWUs.

Very soon, we’ll have more to share about a second, larger game update that will arrive sometime after February.
The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of The Taken King.

Congrats on the extra Spindle dude, and thanks to Ghaz for helping. That's one of the fastest runs I've ever done, close to 4 minutes remaining. Also known as "Luke Speed."

Are you doing another run anytime soon or are you done for the day. I'm looking for a spindle run but I don't have a mic

flkraven

No surprises in Jason's story. The thing that makes me most upset is the idea that they are holding back content from Destiny 1 to release with Destiny 2 (new Mars area). I was really hoping that Destiny 2 was upgraded enough beyond Destiny 1 that it would be substantially different. If it's just the exact same world maps with the exact same hub structure, ship loading screens, and same patrol zones I will be highly disappointed.

Well, they did jump from a (relatively) small studio to 500 some odd people. You're going to have growing pains when you go from making games where everyone sort of had a hand on everything to distinct disciplines and areas of the games that one team touches, you're going to have hiccups along the way.

I've literally never seen a studio upsize like that and not have issues as they figure out the communication paths, while trying to avoid the Fortune 500 style of everyone having seven layers of management at the same time. While that F500 style can have a "everyone is marching in lockstep!" to it, it also tends to be less organic and bury new ideas.

Like I mentioned, Riot games. They balooned in size withing a couple of years, and while communication was an issue in 2010-2011, it hasnt been an issue these days. For Bungie the communication issues seem to be going for years now, from having to redo huge sections of the game before release to well, the issues today.

Deku Tree

That feel when people on your FL are already playing Division beta on Ps4.

I mean you know for a fact this isn't the case based even only looking at the language in the last couple of BWUs.

So three SRL tracks this time? Trying to keep my expectations in check...

A few questions for you folks:

1. Is there anyway to get a 310 Black Spindle to drop?
2. If I'm 300+ Light and I purchase an Exotic from my Exotic inventory, is there any chance that it'll be 310?
2. Does anyone still run newbie King's Fall raids?

I have a few Exotics that are currently 290 but that I would love to get to 310. Is my only option Infusion or hoping for Three of Coins drops? Thanks!

So three SRL tracks this time? Trying to keep my expectations in check...

Nah, the same two, but in reverse.

Just like half the story missions in the game.

2. If I'm 300+ Light and I purchase an Exotic from my Exotic inventory, is there any chance that it'll be 310?

I have a few Exotics that are currently 290 but that I would love to get to 310. Is my only option Infusion or hoping for Three of Coins drops? Thanks!

Nope it will drop at 290, you can infuse it all the way to 320 though.
At 300+, exotic engrams will have a chance of decrypting at 310. Guaranteed at 311+. The kiosk ones will always be 280.
Hawkian does, pm him.

Lee

1. No
2. No, engrams can drop at either 290 or 310 while you're between 300 and 310, but kiosk exotics will always be 280.
Second 2. Yes!

Alright. Off to get that tooth removed. On the plus side. I just scored Chvrches tickets for March. Finally get to see them. Good luck on all the Trials runs today guardians.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

no
no
yes

I just realized last night that I am going to have to change the typical day for weekly newbie raids, cause I just joined a kickball league that plays on Thursday nights. The next newbie raid is CE and scheduled for Saturday the 30th, but I need to decide what regular weekday to use going forward. Most likely will be Wednesday.

edit: Will be doing a KF the week after- so tentatively, Wednesday 2/3 at 8:00PM Eastern time. PM me if interested.

Lee

Regarding refreshing the original raids, which I see people bringing up a lot as an easy solution for the live team, would it be as simple as making Y1 raid weapons infusable? Or would they need to scale up enemy level to 42/320? Or would there be more involved here?

I understand they didn't want elemental primaries to make our decisions for us, but better for players to use elemental primaries all the time while playing, than to not play at all.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
After playing several games of rift this morning I have decided that maybe this next Iron Banner is not for me.
I don't think there is another game type that is effected by lag as much as rift is. It can be near unplayable with lag.
Takes too long to pick up the spark, takes too long to kill the opposing runner, takes to long to score the point once inside the enemy's rift.

I scored in one of my games and stood inside the rift for a bit without it igniting. And then after I scored and ignited he rift the enemies around it were still able to kill me and then they all died due to the rift explosion.
It was ugly

ocean

Banned
Regarding refreshing the original raids, which I see people bringing up a lot as an easy solution for the live team, would it be as simple as making Y1 raid weapons infusable? Or would they need to scale up enemy level to 42/320? Or would there be more involved here?

I understand they didn't want elemental primaries to make our decisions for us, but better for players to use elemental primaries all the time while playing, than to not play at all.
I wouldn't mind a Kinetic Farebringer. I wouldn't mind having to infuse it from 170. I wouldn't mind having to complete a challenge to get it. Hell, I wouldn't even mind it going the Black Hammer path (ok this gun is too good let's make it an Exotic).

Just for the love of God don't give us random perks. What made VoG loot attractive was the certainty of perfect rolls.

"Guys got a Bringfater at 320 with Firefly and Danger Close! So close..."

stb

I'm planning on reading the PSF article, but in the meantime: is there any *news* (i.e. confirmed facts) in it?

I know he's positing that he doesn't THINK we'll see Destiny 2 in 2016, but there's a pretty wide gulf between that, having multiple sources confirm it isn't coming, and a significant DB/HOW/TTK-esque content drop that isn't "Destiny 2" release in 2016.

TTK dropped in mid-September. My brain can't comprehend Destiny going at least 15 months without something at least on par with DB/HOW. SRL and halloween/valentines/st patricks/whatever just aint gonna cut it.

EDIT: I love the game, and will unabashedly come back full force when something significant DOES release, but this is undeniably the most vulnerable Destiny has been. Division, in my opinion, isn't a "Destiny killer", but it does represent the first real, fairly-direct competition, and Destiny's combined sentiment and participation (at least anecdotally) is very low, possibly the lowest it's ever been. At least during HM crota, and other notorious low-spots in Destiny's sine wave, there was impassioned vitriol from hordes of active players. It feels like the player base has deteriorated, in numbers and fucks given, to indifference, which is worse than involved discontent.

Are you doing another run anytime soon or are you done for the day. I'm looking for a spindle run but I don't have a mic

You still looking? I could hop back on to help run another.

I'm planning on reading the PSF article, but in the meantime: is there any *news* (i.e. confirmed facts) in it?

I know he's positing that he doesn't THINK we'll see Destiny 2 in 2016, but there's a pretty wide gulf between that, having multiple sources confirm it isn't coming, and a significant DB/HOW/TTK-esque content drop that isn't "Destiny 2" release in 2016.

TTK dropped in mid-September. My brain can't comprehend Destiny going at least 15 months without something at least on par with DB/HOW. SRL and halloween/valentines/st patricks/whatever just aint gonna cut it.

The only confirmed facts could possibly come from Bungie and this week's BWU gave a pretty clear indication where that situation is at currently.

The article is fairly short and is mainly along the same "delay theme" we've been hearing for a bit now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Having failed to play The Last of Us due to Destiny is an inexcusable sin. And I say this as someone with far fewer day-to-day issues with this game than the majority of posters. There is no comparison.

Repent and rectify.

Having failed to play The Last of Us due to Destiny is an inexcusable sin. And I say this as someone with far fewer day-to-day issues with this game than the majority of posters. There is no comparison.

Repent and rectify.

I'll add it to my wishlist. But here's the thing with fatherhood, it doesn't leave one with an abundance of time or money. :p

But I am glad to know its good.

Edit: Oh, maybe Redbox!

Edit 2: NOpe.

You still looking? I could hop back on to help run another.

The only confirmed facts could possibly come from Bungie and this week's BWU gave a pretty clear indication where that situation is at currently.

The article is fairly short and is mainly along the same "delay theme" we've been hearing for a bit now.

Yup I'm still hoping to do a run. If you are available that would be great

Congrats on the extra Spindle dude, and thanks to Ghaz for helping. That's one of the fastest runs I've ever done, close to 4 minutes remaining. Also known as "Luke Speed."
This was amazing. Even managed to die 3 times during the run because I was all like "damn son, we're faaaaaast" and I got (way too) greedy near the end.
But c'mon, Deidris's Retort is sooooo fine. ^_^

Anywho, I plan to run a full KF HM raid in an hour or two.
Really hoping we can get a DestinyGAF team going. If not full, it'll be a mix of DestinyGAF nad r/fireteams. Will post here when the time comes.

Namikaze1

I honestly hope the delay is like a year long and not a few months. A delay to September 2017 will ultimately be great for everyone. Just can't wait to see what Bungie can do without the PS3 and 360 holding them back. Yeah, it will suck having to wait that long but it will be worth it in the end.

I'm still amused about getting super angry hate mail after a salvage match from this guy and then rematching him and teabagging him with the rest of my team everytime we killed him. This led to even more salt, now directed at Vaal though. However he mentioned me in his post to Vaal so I'm pretty sure the dude wants me. Love has bloomed on the battlefield lol.

You have met your Crimson Doubles partner, nice!

When you see two people you might have liked to have play Crimson Doubles with pair up with each other instead:

a674f593d0c8408b3f259cb93597e353.jpg

Jafku

The Great Destiny Malaise Of 2016 - Jason Schreier

http://kotaku.com/the-great-destiny-malaise-of-2016-1754495561
Good article. I think deep down we all knew that Destiny 2 was delayed due to absolutely no information was given to us. However it is completely crazy that people within Bungie didn't know about it. There is a severe problem with communication at Bungie and it shows in how they communicate to the community. It's a problem that needs to be rectified sooner than later

Damn we clutched that out at the very last second. I thought all hope was lost haha

GG Darryl and Beagles! And congrats to Beagles on the ship you lucky dog *ba-dum-dum*

Tri4

Dumped like 100 coins on chest engrams hoping for a twilight garrison... Got 3 armamentariums and 2 crests. I give up, I want the chest but its not worth wasting my coins.

Top Bottom