• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Deku Tree

100 SALVAGE WINS! Woo.

Now to get my last 56 Rumble wins and 100 Double wins (probably during Bungie's special event).

Congrats on the salvage wins Darryl!!!

lol watch crimson doubles not count towards grimoire doubles wins... you know that mayhem clash or mayhem rumble wins don't count towards regular clash or rumble grimoire wins right?

Anyone streaming their runs?

Umm I can throw one up when we start a little later, if nobody else is streaming then.

Eh, care for some carr--- runs at EST night? :p

For sure. As long as we can find a strong 3rd I'm always up for trying. Especially for people who haven't gotten Y1 and/or Y2 flawless yet.

The shotgun is pants but the boots can at least drop with a unique perk (Last Hope or Second Wind) which gives them an advantage over any other non-IB boots. Of course you also need to get the right stats and ammo perks so odds are slim. The boots that drop post-match at ~260ish light have better odds since they drop so much more frequently. I've infused several of them up to 315+ just because they had the right roll.

Only the helmet and boots have unique perks in Y2 which is lame. The chest and gauntlets are exactly the same as anything else except aesthetics (which are basically the same as Y1 anyway).

Deku Tree

So how do other games like WoW handle both brining your character forward to a new expansion with a new level cap, and at the same time allowing you to preserve your character, and further making your characters abilities feel fresh?

What can Destiny do with the subclasses in future large expansions or new games to make player effort feel valued and to preserve your characters and also to make things feel fresh and new and exciting?

darknil

For sure. As long as we can find a strong 3rd I'm always up for trying. Especially for people who haven't gotten Y1 and/or Y2 flawless yet.

Sure! I'll lurk the thread later, only time I went flawless was with you on Y1 on Black Shield, because of that I like that map now.

So how do other games like WoW handle both brining your character forward to a new expansion with a new level cap, and at the same time allowing you to preserve your character, and further making your characters abilities feel fresh?

What can Destiny do with the subclasses in future large expansions or new games to make player effort feel valued and to preserve your characters and also to make things feel fresh and new and exciting?

Can't respond to WoW question, but the second part: one idea is to add new perks to the perk tree, which is an analogy to what Diablo/WoW does.

Because they can't keep adding new subclasses.

Add a new row to each of the subclass bubbles for different flavors of grenade,jump, super, and then the other abilities.

Or a new column that let's people have an additional selection of abilities.

Destiny's commitment to PvP/PvE equivalence really hamstrings them here.

Kyoufu

Exactly the same way they handled it in TTK except Blizzard actually rebalances every skill tree for every class for day one release of the expansion. Then they balance them further if necessary in future patches. Not sure what you mean by the preservation of characters though.

maomaoIYP

Was a good run once we worked out where to go. The sum total for my efforts; 2 Blues from Silver, 300 Artefact from Gold and a 311 Reflection Sum from the Lighthouse, thanks Bungie

I still think that spawn is fucked, running bottom and jumping to the top seemed to work better if one of us faced them head on directly opposite to annoy them and prevent them from rushing out.

The best thing about the shittier spawn is that you get a clear line of sight to their heavy.

Deku Tree

Exactly the same way they handled it in TTK except Blizzard actually rebalances every skill tree for every class for day one release of the expansion. Then they balance them further if necessary in future patches. Not sure what you mean by the preservation of characters though.

I mean that you are going to keep your characters, your level is not going to be reset and it will only go up from where it is now, you are going to keep your characters stuff like ships and shaders and strange coins and motes of light, the hard to get things that you have collected are not going to be discarded completely, etc.

Bungie has said that you will be able to take your characters with you to the next game.

Was a good run once we worked out where to go. The sum total for my efforts; 2 Blues from Silver, 300 Artefact from Gold and a 311 Reflection Sum from the Lighthouse, thanks Bungie
Apparently exotics can drop from the silver package. I play Trials nearly every week and I have yet to see it. It's all lies.

I wouldn't expect to bring more than our character into the next standalone release if there is one. Maybe we'd get a level boost or subclass filled out for free. Items probably won't come over and if currency comes over it will probably be made useless and only be usable for rep gains.

Kyoufu

I mean that you are going to keep your characters, your level is not going to be reset and it will only go up from where it is now, you are going to keep your characters stuff like ships and shaders and strange coins and motes of light, the hard to get things that you have collected are not going to be discarded completely, etc.

Bungie has said that you will be able to take your characters with you to the next game.

Right. We've seen it already happen in TTK. Level cap was increased, and we kept everything including old loot which was immediately replaced by new items.

Same thing happens in WoW and other games.

Doing NM KF Raid - Start to hopeful finish - 8pm est

Pandora012
Pandora's friend
GibbShift
WipedOut
SpecX - Tentative

You guys know you want to do normal mode! It's not like doing Hard mode actually gives you better items....

About to do a full KF HM run + Golgy CM if anyone's interested.
Been a while (> month) since I ran a raid with DGAF. :D

1. j0hnny_385
2. RagnarokMB

*shrug*
Off to r/fireteams!

Deku Tree

If I deleted a Titan, then how long would it take me to get back to level 40 and unlock the KF raid if I have a spark of light and those Red Bull exp boosts ?

Would I still have to unlock all the Dark Below stuff etc and PoE too or is that unlocked automatically?

edit2:
if anyone is doing some carries, it would be awesome to get to the Lighthouse for the first time in Year2... :D

*snip*
For sure. As long as we can find a strong 3rd I'm always up for trying. Especially for people who haven't gotten Y1 and/or Y2 flawless yet.*snip*

hse8csj.jpg

I had so many opinions when reading different posts especially Hawkian's earlier, but then I had to cook breakfast. So, I'll make some short comments.

I bought Silver shortly after it released because I thought I was supporting the dev of near future content. Out came FOTL and SRL, both of which did not appeal to me at all. Couple that with emotes only being used on a console account level and not a Bungie.net account level (which satisfies both consoles), I regretted my decision to do so. I know some people enjoy those short lived events, but I want events that I can continue to play, or even if it was like iron banner and it came out once a month. Not a one-and-done situation.

Namikaze1

Sorry, Macello. Didn't see your message till now. Would have joined in but I see you already got a third. Was distracted by a thread over at OT side so I didn't see the message notification pop up on my screen.

SpecX

Doing NM KF Raid - Start to hopeful finish - 8pm est

Pandora012
Pandora's friend
GibbShift
WipedOut
SpecX - Tentative

You guys know you want to do normal mode! It's not like doing Hard mode actually gives you better items....

I know it depends on the skill level, but what's the average clear time for this raid? I'm close to getting approval from my wife, but need to give her a good estimate on how long.

Heavy ammo clutch

giphy.gif

Pulled this round back from 3-0 and 4-2

Holy shit that's awesome!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know it depends on the skill level, but what's the average clear time for this raid? I'm close to getting approval from my wife, but need to give her a good estimate on how long
How many first timers are in the party? I know I gave you a similarly vague and unhelpful answer last time you were asking XD But it really can vary increeeedibly wildly from group to group. An average clear time across all different types of groups just doesn't really exist.

I would ask the missus for 3 hours to be safe, while a group that knows every encounter and performs well can easily complete it in 1.

edit: ^ Pandora, Gibb and Wiped are all experienced. I assume Pandora's friend is a newbie hence doing NM.

I know it depends on the skill level, but what's the average clear time for this raid? I'm close to getting approval from my wife, but need to give her a good estimate on how long.

NM KF shouldn't take longer than 90-100 minutes even with a couple newbies as long as there are experienced folks as well. Low end estimate would be 50 minutes. You'll be fine with Pandora running the show.

Well 3 of us have done it before and we can revive constantly. So I'm going to say about 2 hours, longer if people really are having trouble jumping. Even then we can have people leave and rejoin if it's taking a bit a time.

SpecX

How many first timers are in the party? I know I gave you a similarly vague and unhelpful answer last time you were asking XD But it really can vary increeeedibly wildly from group to group. An average clear time across all different types of groups just doesn't really exist.

I would ask the missus for 3 hours to be safe, while a group that knows every encounter and performs well can easily complete it in 1.

edit: ^ Pandora, Gibb and Wiped are all experienced. I assume Pandora's friend is a newbie hence doing NM.

NM KF shouldn't take longer than 90-100 minutes even with a couple newbies as long as there are experienced folks as well. Low end estimate would be 50 minutes. You'll be fine with Pandora running the show.

Well 3 of us have done it before and we can revive constantly. So I'm going to say about 2 hours, longer if people really are having trouble jumping. Even then we can have people leave and rejoin if it's taking a bit a time.

Thanks! I'm asking for 3 hours and will act ignorant if it goes longer till she erupts if I can get the approval.

Beagles329

Neo Member
I'd love to join but won't be online until 9est. I've run it a handful of times but it has been awhile since taking down Oryx so I'm a little fuzzy with the mechanics of that fight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk do you still do newbie KF raid? I have a friend that wants to do the raid for the first time. Are there any upcoming dates with spots open?
Yup yup. Wednesday 2/3 at 8:00PM EST. Not opening the form yet but shoot me a PM if you want to reserve a spot for him or her.

Top Bottom