• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

All the Destiny shills are on full alert. 1v1 us!
In blops, quickscopes only :)
not poking fun - I had no idea that was a thing... o_O
It's actually weird that on the gaming side there are several people that are happy about the info in the Kotaku article as they think it will lead to "Destiny 2" being a better game.

Yet I didn't recognize a single one of them from any of the OTs.

I'm usually quick to jump into any Destiny thread to make sure and paint the whole picture, but sometimes you just can't do that any more.
I avoid other OTs like the plague... Don't wanna get banned. :/
why was Math banned?

Lnkn52

It's actually weird that on the gaming side there are several people that are happy about the info in the Kotaku article as they think it will lead to "Destiny 2" being a better game.

I'm usually quick to jump into any Destiny thread to make sure and paint the whole picture, but sometimes you just can't do that any more.

It's weird because yesterday the Destiny streaming community was disappointed about no news about the future of Destiny yet we have Jason saying that things have been delayed but that butt hurts them?

Deku Tree

I have learned that there are a lot of people on GAF who play Destiny regularly, or have played a lot of Destiny with their gaming time, but also have posted in the DGAF OTs very infrequently or never not even once.

I'm...I'm running out of passage coins. Damn. The pile I saved up from HoW lasted for a long while.
I feel like one should at least get 20 passage Coins for going flawless. All you get from the lighthouse is a single weapon. It sucks that you get passage Coins from losing or Trials bounties.

I have learned that there are a lot of people on GAF who play Destiny regularly, or have played a lot of Destiny with their gaming time, but also have posted in the DGAF OTs very infrequently or never not even once.

I guess it's odd because I don't even recall these people from other gaming side threads.

Either arguing for or against Bungie's antics.

Frenden

Banned
Deej responds to growing displeasure over Banner Rift in the Bungie forums:

ZnS5Ug4.png

ZfWxBk4.png

(Screencaps via Reddit, not mine.)

TL;DR--we know it sucks, but too bad.

Hey we know its shit to play solo and we never put any in game tools to help you

The blokes clueless

Edit I agree with the sentiment that it's well said but it doesn't change the fact IB Rift is an awful idea especially how it was presented as the topping of a large dollop of bad news

ZnS5Ug4.png

ZfWxBk4.png

This is Deej as a real person, and not with his PR hat on.

Interesting to see a different side of him. I actually feel like I can relate to this, and pretty much everything he is saying here, and I don't feel like I want to just skip to the bottom for the meat of his post.

That said. I know I'm in a minority here, but I actually want Iron Banner to be a Random Gametype playlist like Classic 6v6. I like the way it changes up the pace.

Would love going into a game having it be an option of Control, Clash, Rift or Zones.

deviant1

I only had enough strange coins to buy 3 chest engrams, got 290 Hunter Alpha Lupi three times in a row on my Titan. Damn you Rahool!!!!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It actually reads quite a bit more nuanced than that. I enjoyed the post.

I may be the only person in the world looking forward to Rift in IB... I enjoy IB solely playing on GAF trains and it felt to me like Rift would be fun for that ever since TTK launch.

It actually reads quite a bit more nuanced than that. I enjoyed the post.

I may be the only person in the world looking forward to Rift in IB... I enjoy IB solely playing on GAF trains and it felt to me like Rift would be fun for that ever since TTK launch.

You're not alone.

I like the variety for variety's sake. We all know we need something to change up the pace.

*snip*

This is what we want. No dissembling. No extraneous vocabulary.
For those who are reading negativity into this, I understand your frustration, but rather than responding with vitriol, I feel that we should respect that they are responding in the way that we asked them to after last night's debacle.

Or is that just me?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is what we want. No dissembling. No extraneous vocabulary.
For those who are reading negativity into this, I understand your frustration, but rather than responding with vitriol, I feel that we should respect that they are responding in the way that we asked them to after last night's debacle.

Or is that just me?
Hahaha well it's not JUST you

I just realized that I'm going to struggle getting that overall highest score requirement for one of the Weekly Bounties. I'll just have to run the spark a bunch.

Also, I'd prefer if we had Iron Banner Inferno Control. I'm in for that.

What do you mean?

It's halo territories.

It's basically king of the hill with 3 hills (and kills means nothing, only controlling does).
I've *ahem* never played HALO.
Destiny is literally the first PvP game I've played since GoldenEye.
and before people start throwing stones at me, hey LOOK! ALL THOSE PPL WHO'VE NEVER PLAYED A ZELDA GAME

*runs and hides*

I've *ahem* never played HALO.
Destiny is literally the first PvP game I've played since GoldenEye.
and before people start throwing stones at me, hey LOOK! ALL THOSE PPL WHO'VE NEVER PLAYED A ZELDA GAME

*runs and hides*

Oh, sorry, no problem.

Every 5 seconds of game time, the score board ticks 5 points for every control point.

If you own 1 point, you get 5 points every 5 seconds. 2 control points is 10 points every 5 seconds, 3 control points is 15 control points.

A neutral zone awards no points.

Kills mean nothing, assists mean nothing. The only points that matter is the zone points. Thus, you're playing King of the Hill with 3 hills. Naturally, the control tactic of only wanted to control 2 points plays about the same, but it doesn't hurt the team as much if you are swapping two points as much as it might in control.

Frenden

Banned
Tone of the Deej post is fine. I wasn't making a statement one way or the other in that regard. Just posting it for the content.

Oh, sorry, no problem.

Every 5 seconds of game time, the score board ticks 5 points for every control point.

If you own 1 point, you get 5 points every 5 seconds. 2 control points is 10 points every 5 seconds, 3 control points is 15 control points.

A neutral zone awards no points.

Kills mean nothing, assists mean nothing. The only points that matter is the zone points. Thus, you're playing King of the Hill with 3 hills. Naturally, the control tactic of only wanted to control 2 points plays about the same, but it doesn't hurt the team as much if you are swapping two points as much as it might in control.
Hmm... Cool. I will have to try this mode more frequently. Thanks!

Namikaze1

Bloodborne? If he invaded and you weren't in a "PVP zone" it's ok lol.
Not Bloodborne. That's the PS3 message UI. And that character doesn't look like anything from a Souls game. I could be wrong but I don't recall a cloak like that in dark/demon souls.

Ghazi

Not Bloodborne. That's the PS3 message UI. And that character doesn't look like anything from a Souls game. I could be wrong but I don't recall a cloak like that in dark/demon souls.

Dark Souls II is what it looks like to me.

On second thought, I think you're right. Weird.

SpecX

I can't wait for iron banner zone control!

This would be great. To me, this makes way more sense than Rift. The few matches I've played, few people even go for the spark which is the key to driving up the score and winning. Other matches the spark holder run the same exact path getting gunned down which isn't working or they just try to rush to the teams rift which obviously doesn't work when 1/2 the team stays back and guards the damn thing and easily take you out when you don't try to be strategic on getting to the rift.

Top Bottom