• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Deej responds to growing displeasure over Banner Rift in the Bungie forums:
*snip*
TL;DR--we know it sucks, but too bad.
Tone of the Deej post is fine. I wasn't making a statement one way or the other in that regard. Just posting it for the content.
I wasn't trying to call you out, sorry if it came across that way. I was responding to the raft of salt that was piling up again. :) I know we all really enjoy this game, and I think we should appreciate when we receive that for which we were asking. :)

GhaleonEB

I'm really looking forward to Rift in Iron Banner. Partly because I really like the game type, and partly because I like the variety.

I say this knowing full well that I'm going to get utterly demolished, as I play with randoms. Wins in Control were hard to come by in the last IB for that reason (much harder than with randoms in Clash). Coordination is just really difficult without a set party. I just like the variety, since I don't play Crucible outside of IB much at all.

aarcane

No Spindle for me today after several unsuccessful attempts. I think I'll just infuse my Eirene with the guns I was saving up for that instead.

Got a not-so-great Grasp of Malok (Danger Close, Hand Loaded, Spray and Play) which I might keep to mess around with because I like that archetype.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm really looking forward to Rift in Iron Banner. Partly because I really like the game type, and partly because I like the variety.

I say this knowing full well that I'm going to get utterly demolished, as I play with randoms. Wins in Control were hard to come by in the last IB for that reason (much harder than with randoms in Clash). Coordination is just really difficult without a set party. I just like the variety, since I don't play Crucible outside of IB much at all.
ocml9auhl6txybacuvk1.jpg

Do you not play with other GAFers, Ghaleon?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Bloodborne? If he invaded and you weren't in a "PVP zone" it's ok lol.

It's ok anywhere you want, bar none. Making people upset by not following the community's idea of "rules" and "honor" in Souls games comprises some of the most pleasurable moments to be had in gaming.

GhaleonEB

ocml9auhl6txybacuvk1.jpg

Do you not play with other GAFers, Ghaleon?

I totes do in PvE.

In PvP? The short version is no, because I'm not good enough.

Outside of the last two Iron Banners I've probably played a dozen games of Crucible, total. I've never been a great PvP player, dating back to Halo, but I didn't start playing it at all in Destiny until after TTK dropped.

In the first IB after TTK (Clash) I played a few games with a couple friends, and a few games with randoms. I'm not terrible - usually in the top 3 of my team with a bad game here and there. Then I hopped into a GAF train.

You guys are good. Really good. So good that the teams we were paired against were far above my skill level, and so I got completely destroyed by everyone who took notice of me. Rock bottom on the GAF train in every game. We lost a few games due entirely to me being in a lowly class unto myself. I felt awful for dragging the team down and didn't have any fun because I was so severely outmatched.

So, I roll with a friend or two or just solo, for the rest of the IB. I did the last one (Control) 95% solo for that reason. What frustration I ran into there was low compared to me dragging down the GAF train.

Basically, it's not you, it's me. It's also Destiny's matchmaking working as intended: even(ish) matched teams. They're just teams I have no business being on. :lol

Lnkn52

I totes do in PvE.

In PvP? The short version is no, because I'm not good enough.

Outside of the last two Iron Banners I've probably played a dozen games of Crucible, total. I've never been a great PvP player, dating back to Halo, but I didn't start playing it at all in Destiny until after TTK dropped.

In the first IB after TTK (Clash) I played a few games with a couple friends, and a few games with randoms. I'm not terrible - usually in the top 3 of my team with a bad game here and there. Then I hopped into a GAF train.

You guys are good. Really good. So good that the teams we were paired against were far above my skill level, and so I got completely destroyed by everyone who took notice of me. Rock bottom on the GAF train in every game. We lost a few games due entirely to me being in a lowly class unto myself. I felt awful for dragging the team down and didn't have any fun because I was so severely outmatched.

So, I roll with a friend or two or just solo, for the rest of the IB. I did the last one (Control) 95% solo for that reason. What frustration I ran into there was low compared to me dragging down the GAF train.

Basically, it's not you, it's me. It's also Destiny's matchmaking working as intended: even(ish) matched teams. They're just teams I have no business being on. :lol
You at least know what you're getting yourself into when you go solo.

aarcane

Yeah, this is the reason I prefer to go solo in crucible. I'm easily the worst at PvP of the people I play Destiny with, a fact of which I am constantly reminded whenever I get crushed. For the sake of my sanity (and the patience of my teammates) and to stop me rage-deleting the game, it's just better if I go in by myself.

I know I'll never get to the Lighthouse. And that's OK.

GhaleonEB

You at least know what you're getting yourself into when you go solo.

It helps that there are systems in place to make the games feel rewarding regardless of outcome. Outside of IB, I've only played the daily game type, for the reward package. So I didn't care if I won or lost. And in IB, there's the medallion system which basically banks wins. So I again don't care if I win or lose (though those six game losing streaks sting a little harder). If medallions weren't in IB, I'd probably go insane / skip it.

Helped a couple guys on DestinyLFG get their first Spindles on XB1 and they were very thankful. As I said goodbye and was leaving the party chat, I hear one of them say "What a decent human be..."

No better feeling than helping people out.

FyreWulff

Ghaleon is dyed in the wool PvE guy. I don't remember playing a single Halo PvP with him, just Firefight. He even contributed to an update to Reach's Firefight playlists called NEP, which is still playable in that game.

Personally, I've been trending away from PvP myself in games and going more PvE. After like 30,000 games of PvP across all Haloes, I've seen everything

Spizz

Banned
Any raids going on at the top of the hour? I don't really care if it's heroic or normal, I haven't raided in a while and I'm in the mood.

NastyBook

Helped a couple guys on DestinyLFG get their first Spindles on XB1 and they were very thankful. As I said goodbye and was leaving the party chat, I hear one of them say "What a decent human be..."

No better feeling than helping people out.
A real heroooooo...

That 8 p.m. NM KF still on? Cuz I'm up for it. If not, gonna look for Trials trains.

Top Bottom