• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Ghazi

Got challenged to 3v3 "sweats" by a team some GAFfers and I destroyed in Trials last night. I was playing Wolfenstein and they were talking so much shit that I got some people and we played them, won two matches with a decent lead and they kicked us from the party and quit. Lol at people shit talking and not being able to back it up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah good games. We were only a few things from Mercury. Knowing the map is essential. Last match had some guy on top of some perch and he can snipe us but we can't snipe him unless we want to be in his lane and his teammates.

I still have my Titan to run with whoever.

todd360

They call me shock city. Imma imma shocker.

Edit: if there is ever a real life destiny tourney such as the red bull one, I will need a snapback with shock city on the front of it. Then I'll act like a huge dirt bag during the tournament lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They teabagged Manny during second round.

Manny teabagged them so hard after the game is over screen was shaking.

ghgjgh.gif

Mindlog

They teabagged Manny during second round.

Manny teabagged them so hard after the game is over screen was shaking.

http://gifyu.com/images/ghgjgh.gif
lol
That's not just a teabag. That's a ragebag.
FUUUUUUU-

Didn't know that. :(
I'm at 44/50 fragments on my Titan...I think.
I miss the 2/3 T3 CoO, Nightfall and 2 from T2 CoO. Ugh. :(
My Hunter was at 49/50 for like 3 weeks. Turns out it was the one up on the shelf in the Sunless Cell strike.

Cute dog. A little jealous of the weather. It's sunny and 60 degrees here in California.

On topic I hope we get some snow environments in Destiny 2. Some of the environments in concept art looked so much more interesting than what we got.

Bungie.net is being updated soon so we'll be able to view fragments by character. Only four months after we needed it but, its progress I suppose

No shit? That is marvelous news, honestly. I would dread finding those fragments if I did not purposefully refrain from picking fragments unless I was on my titan.

P.S., it is snowing like crazy and I am getting lit.

Just spent the last 3 hours shoveling... And it's accumulated another 4-6 inches in the meantime. Good Lord, please let it stop.
Edit: Nami - love your dog! :)

WipedOut

Cute dog. A little jealous of the weather. It's sunny and 60 degrees here in California.

On topic I hope we get some snow environments in Destiny 2. Some of the environments in concept art looked so much more interesting than what we got.
I know what you mean, 60 and sunny here too in Florida, haven't seen snow in over 16 years, kinda jealous, would love to run out in that stuff right now.

Deku Tree

The December SBMM update has made Destiny PvP an even worse unplayable lag fest than it was before than.. and it was already really bad before that... it makes a lot of sense to say that the people making these decisions don't actually play the game under real world conditions very much or at all.

BTW, regarding this strike speed run contest thing, how do you do that trick where you boost until your sparrow blows up and then you immediately get on another sparrow with no cool down?

The December SBMM update has made Destiny PvP an even worse unplayable lag fest than it was before than.. and it was already really bad before that... it makes a lot of sense to say that the people making these decisions don't actually play the game under real world conditions very much or at all.

BTW, regarding this strike speed run contest thing, how do you do that trick where you boost until your sparrow blows up and then you immediately get on another sparrow with no cool down?

My PvP games played per month has dropped off a cliff in Decemeber and January. I literally only play Trials and even that's half as much as it used to be.

Re: sparrow- the announcer said he thought the guy was using an SRL helmet that lets you do it faster? And maybe if you blow up falling off a ledge you can summon the next one faster? Maybe. They also said that hopping off the sparrow right before it blows lets you summon faster.

Speaking about that, trials today? Whenever you want if you are up for it.

Fo sho dawg. Sorry for disappearing last night but I had IRL stuff to deal with and the Cronus was still being finicky. I think I've got it working now but it was still a little hit or miss last night so we'll see.

That said, I've still got a few hours of IRL stuff so not sure when exactly I'll be available. I'll post again when I'm free, definitely up for more games.

the_id

Man, it's snowing hard here. Let it snow, bitches! :D

What it looks like outside right now:

And here's the little brat herself playing around in the snow:

Those are amazing pics and your dog is a badass. Glad we don't get snow as badly in NZ unlike you guys there. I hate snow.

I did say it hit fathers pretty hard. But the game gets soooooo much better. Like its not even funny how good the game gets (i'm biased tho). It deals with fatherhood but its not a happy game, it tackles some really mature stuff. The game makes you think man. Played it 3 years ago (almost) and i still think of it often and remember the story beat for beat.

Anybody want to do some snowy ass Nightfalls?

Re: TLOU. My daughter was like three months old when it came out. I got to that part and didn't play it for a month it bummed me out so hard.
I've got a daughter too, and now i'm definitely not playing it. :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
In the words of Grave. #!%@@####$@$##$%$#%$

Not really, more like "Oh come the fuck on, are you fucking kidding me! this is some horseshit."
3 minute rant on netcode, 2 minute cooldown on accepting, then something else occurs, repeat.

me taking a break from shoveling, with the kids building a fort in the background.
euvTQF3.jpg

this was how much snow had piled up in front of my door, with my lovely wife peeking out.
pyzKkj0.jpg

tick221

Just spent the last 3 hours shoveling... And it's accumulated another 4-6 inches in the meantime. Good Lord, please let it stop.
Edit: Nami - love your dog! :)

we just finished round 2 of shoveling, think we ended up around 12-13 inches here.

Everyone up north stay safe and warm

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing last night and I'm already level 15. Enjoying Destiny a lot more than the Internet led me to believe. I've already completed the first strike on Earth but I don't want to jump into any others without some more reliable peeps. Anyone here willing to go through some stuff with me and show me the ropes? I haven't touched PVP yet as I'd like to do most if not all of the main story first.

If anyone wants to handle a noob then add me on PS4 at pennythoughts.

I'm the king of off topic these days, but a couple years back I saw St. Vincent in a medium sized venue and managed to get up close to the stage. For one song she jumped off into the crowd and I ended up pressed right next to her in the mass of people. She held the mic out and let me sing (aka shout) one line into it. Good times. She's incredible.

edit: ummm here's something on topic...

Started playing last night and I'm already level 15. Enjoying Destiny a lot more than the Internet led me to believe. I've already completed the first strike on Earth but I don't want to jump into any others without some more reliable peeps. Anyone here willing to go through some stuff with me and show me the ropes? I haven't touched PVP yet as I'd like to do most if not all of the main story first.

If anyone wants to handle a noob then add me on PS4 at pennythoughts.

Never trust the internet, least of all about Destiny. Except for us. We are 100% unbiased and completely accurate about all things Destiny.

That said, I wouldn't sweat the early story/strike stuff too much for grouping up. If you can find people to help, that's awesome but if not the content is generally easy enough that you won't need reliable helpers. The strikes should have match making as well, and the story missions really don't need extra people.

If you're still looking for help in 60-90 min I should be able to hop on. Honestly there's so much to learn about Destiny and all it's systems/currencies/etc. the easiest way is just talking with an experienced player. Sometimes it's hard to answer newbie questions on the forum.

Tri4

Got a water star with third eye from the gold package and its so awesome. It's stats are almost exactly the same as thorn, except it doesn't have the poison. I think that's a fair tradeoff for having an extra exotic slot slot.

Plus people won't bitch about me using thorn.

Stay safe Blizzard DGAF!

I'll be around tomorrow for a run or two!

I've been hooked on the Witcher(on act 3 now) + not wanting to speak too much so my mouth heals faster.

Top Bottom