• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Can someone shed some light on the 3oC coins? They act strange.... sometimes you get one every round, then nothing for 20 rounds and so on... whats the best way to get them at a steady pace?

There's a hidden internal cool down after using one before the next one will provide maximum stackable effectiveness, but nobody knows exactly how long this timer is. Most people say wait 10-15 minutes before popping the next one in order to not lose any potential effectiveness. Wait 15+ min to be on the safe side.

But the main thing to remember is that going through hot and cold spells is completely normal and expected for any random distribution (i.e. there's no such thing as a steady pace). You can get 2 in a row and then nothing for 20 coins, this doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Personally I might pop one every 3rd Crucible match but as per usual Bungie isn't giving out specific details so it's mostly speculation and anecdotal evidence.

Chucker

Up for some more trials. Mercury runs only. Team Titan.

I was thinking of ordering pizza earlier. That's not happening. The whole neighborhood has three foot of snow on the ground.
I thought ahead and got two pizzas yesterday on the way home from work before all of this popped off.
Beer too.

Anyway. Anybody doing trials?

Ghazi

But the main thing to remember is that going through hot and cold spells is completely normal and expected for any random distribution (i.e. there's no such thing as a steady pace). You can get 2 in a row and then nothing for 20 coins, this doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Personally I might pop one every 3rd Crucible match but as per usual Bungie isn't giving out specific details so it's mostly speculation and anecdotal evidence.

My uncle works at Bungie and I heard if you pop one every 7th match you're guaranteed a year y2 Gjallarhorn.

Just had the most awesome 0-4 comeback of all times. Good fucking shit guys. And the team was good too but we fucking played like a well oiled machine to comeback. Goddamn that was hype.

The comeback involved me using an arcblade in one round and wrecking them and then getting a double headshot with a sniper and using an arcblade again to finish it off. I got 16 kills lol

Thanks for the VoG raid today. I had no idea what I was doing half the time, but it was still fun.

Edit: Almost forgot, but you owe me a Nightfall Wipedout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WipedOut

Thanks for the VoG raid today. I had no idea what I was doing half the time, but it was still fun.

Edit: Almost forgot, but you owe me a Nightfall Wipedout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh, sorry, taking a break for a bit, I'll be around all day tomorrow if you want to run it then.

tick221

Anyone on xbox need a nightfall and feel like doing some charity work :)

Just got to 290 and would like to complete for the marks

Just need one, have a friend that is 300 plus

XBL Tick221

EDIT - nvm, going to bed instead

Drizz are you gonna play trials? I can do one more card today before calling it.

Not gonna get any gaming in today. Too much IRL today plus my Cronus is still acting up since I haven't worked on it much. It works fine for ~15 minutes but then disconnects and I have to plug in my DS4 to re-authenticate it. It works when I plug it back in but obviously I can't do Trials w this situation.

I'll mess w it more tonight so hopefully it'll be straightened out for tomorrow and I can make up for lost gaming time then. I also need to decide which buttons to map to which paddles and get used to playing w it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Sorry dude :-/

Also, where were those 16 kills yesterday *cough cough* lol

WipedOut

Not gonna get any gaming in today. Too much IRL today plus my Cronus is still acting up since I haven't worked on it much. It works fine for ~15 minutes but then disconnects and I have to plug in my DS4 to re-authenticate it. It works when I plug it back in but obviously I can't do Trials w this situation.

I'll mess w it more tonight so hopefully it'll be straightened out for tomorrow and I can make up for lost gaming time then. I also need to decide which buttons to map to which paddles and get used to playing w it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Sorry dude :-/
Are you using a usb hub?

Are you using a usb hub?

Yep. There must be something wrong w the setup. The display window keeps reverting back to the flashing A-U authenticate signal. It still works for like 10 minutes though before crapping out. Like I said I've barely messed w it so not surprising it sucks right now. Haven't loaded the script for the touch pad so I can't use my Ghost, etc etc.

My uncle works at Bungie and I heard if you pop one every 7th match you're guaranteed a year y2 Gjallarhorn.

Lol the secret it out! You should make a YouTube channel bro.

Also, Bungie employs a lot of uncles. It must be on their application. "Do you have a nephew who plays video games AND talks about them on the Internet?"

E92 M3

37zVzBe.png

1885355-newrawwill.png

Triple put out a Destiny video I totally agree with. Choice quote:

"For me, Destiny, in it's current state, is dead."

https://youtu.be/Rlm5lsqRi2g

Can't fault him there

was listening to it in the background

not knowing what's what is really, really annoying. Even Blizzard has said 'Hey this will be the last Patch, and now you get to wait for Legion'. They have something to look forward to, even if it's almost a year away. Crimson Doubles? They'll be short time fun, sure, but it's really nothing.

Pretty much 100% agree with him. The only things I'd add is they need to balance special weapons better for PvP. I'd also say they need to make use of existing PvE stuff like strikes and raids that aren't relevant anymore and I'd like to feel powerful in PvE again. Shotguns felt great for PvE in HoW and made doing things like PoE more fun. Same for really great weapons like Ghallerhorn or Fatebringer. Right now aside from exotic swords (which are too tedious to obtain still) all the weapons feel pretty ho-hum in PvE.

Magik

https://youtu.be/Rlm5lsqRi2g

The video pretty much sums up my feelings as to the state that Destiny is in.

I've said this before but that last BWU has to be the worst update I have ever seen not because of the lack of information, but it basically confirms that Bungie has lied to us even after they have said they were going to be more transparent and plaster on top of that, Deej's excessive bullshit language made it very frustrating to read.

Top Bottom