• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Tri4

I decided to go with sunsinger until I unlock stormcaller.

I still haven't maxed out a single titan subclass but I'm like 80% through sunbreaker and striker (0% on defender) so this will probably happen with warlock too lol. I really like my hunter so it gets basically all my attention. My titan is really a second nightfall and IB guy at this point.

stay gold

I decided to go with sunsinger until I unlock stormcaller.

I still haven't maxed out a single titan subclass but I'm like 80% through sunbreaker and striker (0% on defender) so this will probably happen with warlock too lol. I really like my hunter so it gets basically all my attention. My titan is really a second nightfall and IB guy at this point.

Good choice. Sunsinger unlocks all of it's best perks very early in the skill tree, so you'll likely be set with it by the time you unlock Stormcaller.

E92 M3

Yeah its kind of sad that i dont expect Bungie to listen at all to the community's (very simple) desires. Like its literally just turning a switch back to where it was but Bungie wont do it. They have lost our trust in matters like this and deservedly so as they will prove by not listening and keeping SBMM in all playlists.

Turning a switch will require 5 months, a patch and a company meeting
az8Of3R-_bigger.png

Trakan

What it they turned on sbmm because they are giving us......

dedicated servers?

i'm not high i promise

well, maybe

I feel like if they just put 100% priority on connections and no other search requirements, PVP would be fine. I can deal with the occasional person lagging.

Hit share button and go into settings. It can share voices

My friends and I have always had this on, and it never works.

Tri4

Good choice. Sunsinger unlocks all of it's best perks very early in the skill tree, so you'll likely be set with it by the time you unlock Stormcaller.
Good to know.

One thing I noticed is that warlock has an awesome grenade throw animation. I never really noticed a difference between hunter and titan. Is there a difference I didn't catch or are warlocks just special?

Deku Tree

Folks in case you didn't know Bungie is tells us that the correct term is "latency", and that we sound like a bunch of ignorant fools when we call it "lag".

Hyun Sai

Triple put out a Destiny video I totally agree with. Choice quote:

"For me, Destiny, in it's current state, is dead."

https://youtu.be/Rlm5lsqRi2g

I understand the feeling, and the reason I didn't buy TTK at launch is, despite a fantastic year of one my most epic moments in my video game history, I didn't trust Bungie anymore in the end. To me they're a bunch of dishonest liars with ego of the size of the galaxy and beyond.

I hope this is false, but the reason they didn't reverse the skill based matchmaking (among other nonsensical things I witnessed during my playtime) is probably because some guys don't want to be proven wrong and would prefer to see the ship sinking rather than admitting it.

Anyway, thanks for all folks I share those moments with from September 2014 to August 2015, and good games to those who are still enjoying themselves.

Folks in case you didn't know Bungie is tells us that the correct term is "latency", and that we sound like a bunch of ignorant fools when we call it "lag".

My Bungie uncle
Bungcle
told me it's grounds for immediate termination if you utter the pleb word "lag" while employed there.

ACR0019

As someone who quit Y1 after a week and picked back up when TTK released, what was good about HoW loot and endgame? I've seen a couple posts around here mentioning it and am curious why it is seen as preferable to what we have now.

Yep. Ready to rock whenever boss. Give me 15 and I'll be logging on.

I can play with you guys.

That team didn't even look hard from your perspective. I was straight up panicking when that one guy used bladedance and his whole team was suddenly alive again. Blessed be the power of shock city.

Haha i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Big plays boys

If that guy had managed to swipe you before you ran away to pop shock city we might have been fucked lol

Namikaze1

Yep. Ready to rock whenever boss. Give me 15 and I'll be logging on.
Sure. I'm just going about infusing shit. Need to get rid of all these SRL helmets. Got way too many saved up in the vault. Still have two spare 320 helmets though don't know what to infuse it on too. Infused a third I saved up on to my Warlock's fast revive helmet for trials. I barely use exotic helmets outside of trials on my warlock. It's bones all day on my hunter in every thing not trials. I no longer care about saint 14 but I have one at 319 just in case I decide to pull it out.

And then there's all the 320 raid fusion/sniper rifles I saved up. I have no idea what to infuse them on to.

Deku Tree

St-14 is good for Gologroth to blind the Taken. Otherwise it's pretty useless in end game PvE. And it was never so great in PvP anyway.

Is the new hotness. I think I want to quit too Kappa.

People are so weird about the idea of quitting Destiny... which I totally understand because I was that person **cough HM Scrota cough cough**

There's an entire spectrum of possible engagement levels between the extreme opposite poles of "obsessive daily playing" and "QUIT FOREVER." The main problem seems to come from people holding onto the obsessive end too long until the momentum of not wanting to play that much slingshots them to the opposite extreme.

It took me awhile to gradually let go and naturally drift towards the center. I can guarantee I'll play some Destiny ~every week until Destiny 2, even if the game is 50 feet below ground by then. I can also guarantee I'll have fun when I play and stop playing when it's not fun. Win-win.

Deku Tree

Now thinking about it. Outside of fast revive exotics in Trials. Most exotic perks are basically poop in year 2. Some are good and fun to use. But none really make any substantial difference in how encounters go down. Except maybe using a St-14 bubble during the taken phase at gologoroth.

Hey guys remember when we were told that crucible should be fun and relaxing lol. Then they go and try to sneak in SBMM hoping ppl wouldn't notice.

Lars said:
"Interesting thing about the crucible is that if you take it too seriously you're just going to be frustrated. And it's not because the game isn't balanced or the game isn't fun or whatever......sometimes it's the baggage you bring in from other games. But if you sort of like play it to relax and just have fun it's a really amazing experience."

It took me awhile to gradually let go and naturally drift towards the center. I can guarantee I'll play some Destiny ~every week until Destiny 2, even if the game is 50 feet below ground by then. I can also guarantee I'll have fun when I play and stop playing when it's not fun. Win-win.

Yup, agreed. Outside of reset stuff I did not care for Destiny for past couple of weeks because I was engrossed in the Witcher.

Having finished that last week, I spent this week doing stuff like CoO with randoms and helping some find fragments on the dreadnaught. Helped a few blueberries with nightfall, got invitations from randoms for trials(lol) during daily crucible, and started doing some of that crucible questline. But my attention will be lost again as soon as something new like Witcher dlc pops up..

Destiny is the game I can pick up and play for a couple of hours and enjoy it no matter the nature of the content.

Deku Tree

Eh it's just a quick helmet switch. Better to switch it during Golgoroth that whatever other mediocre exotic you have equipped. Necessary? No but certainly helpful.

E92 M3

St-14 is good for Gologroth to blind the Taken. Otherwise it's pretty useless in end game PvE. And it was never so great in PvP anyway.

I never take off the Saint 13 and it's even funnier when people run into when playing crucible.

Hey guys remember when we were told that crucible should be fun and relaxing lol. Then they go and try to sneak in SBMM hoping ppl wouldn't notice.

Yeah, it's hilarious how misguided Bungie can be sometimes.

Do you guys also remember how Bungie nerfed Chaperone because it was "too good" after the shotgun nerf?

LOL

Namikaze1

Sorry, but now that I have taken off the glasses, I see saint 14 for the mediocre situational exotic it is. Don't see any need to have it equip. Hell, don't see any need to have any Titan exotic equipped in PvE.

ocean

Banned
Sorry, but now that I have taken off the glasses, I see saint 14 for the mediocre situational exotic it is. Don't see any need to have it equip. Hell, don't see any need to have any Titan exotic equipped in PvE.
Ruin Wings demand you shut your mouth. They only work sometimes but they look badass and are awesome when they do work.

Top Bottom