• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

E92 M3

Sorry, but now that I have taken off the glasses, I see saint 14 for the mediocre situational exotic it is. Don't see any need to have it equip. Hell, don't see any need to have any Titan exotic equipped in PvE.

Even if it did nothing, I'd still have it equipped. It's a very cool looking helmet. I love it.

Deku Tree

I just need two pairs of 320 gloves and one pair of 316+ boots to be done with TTK armor. Then I can infuse my hunter to be 320. And I can infuse my ruin wings to 320. And I can also infuse my bones to 320. And I'll have three 320s with my chosen exotics on... Just Need one pair of 320 gloves to get my third character to 320 though. Oh I'd also take two more 320 ghosts if Bungie would give them to me.

Ruin Wings demand you shut your mouth. They only work sometimes but they look badass and are awesome when they do work.

I felt as you do once. But the heavy ammo doesn't Proc very often. So rarely that you can forget if they're equipped.

And besides, most of the raid, you need special way more than Heavy.

But they do look great. Especially unshaded:

200w_s.gif

Finally, after 4 months of TTK, a legendary special engram turns into a 1000 yard stare, my first ever "drop" one. I've been using the Vendor one since forever.

And the 2 main perks ended up being the exact same -_- Triple Tap + Mulligan.

Although it does have Shortgaze unlike Vendor. But no Perfect Balance, instead Speed Reload, Oiled Frame (Fast reload again) and DEMOTION, Stun Fallen Captians, LOL)

Thewonandonly

Hey so I just bought this game on Xbox one and I'm looking for some raid partners to try them. If anyone wants to raid then add me on xbox one at Ctg329745 :)

Tri4

My sniping skills are slowly improving.. Now I can get like 2 headshots a game (and a couple body shots), which doesn't sound like much, but I literally couldn't hit anything just a few days ago. Progress :D

I've been using the stillpiercer. It looks cool, has low zoom and, well, its not the same sniper everyone else is using lol

Saint helm is necessary for optimal Golgi DPS... but "optimal" isn't remotely required for anything in this game.

It's sort of crazy how useless it is in King's Fall outside of Golgi, thanks to the Aura stuff and all long range engagements. Literally the only other place it can be slightly useful is Daughters 2nd cycle. Pop it in the middle while waiting for Aura to get in position and the adds that spawn won't fuck you up.

I'm at 9-1 on my trials cards. I'm hoping I can play some more on this card to get Scarab Heart

Yep, you can still get the Scarab even w a loss on the card. You have to win a match for it to drop (afaik) but it's still possible.

WipedOut

Saint helm is necessary for optimal Golgi DPS... but "optimal" isn't remotely required for anything in this game.

It's sort of crazy how useless it is in King's Fall outside of Golgi, thanks to the Aura stuff and all long range engagements. Literally the only other place it can be slightly useful is Daughters 2nd cycle. Pop it in the middle while waiting for Aura to get in position and the adds that spawn won't fuck you up.

Yep, you can still get the Scarab even w a loss on the card. You have to win a match for it to drop (afaik) but it's still possible.

Yo! When we going to play some of that trials?

Just finished material farming and ability kills for the arc sword, after Wednesday I'll have all 3 on the bone, can't believe I need to do this again x3 on the PS4, material farming is literal cancer!

DOWN

Banned
Here's a hot question and tell me if I am doomed:

I bought Destiny + House of Wolves + The Dark Below at launch, played only the campaign underwhelmed and never tried the DLC at all, got burned out and feel lost in regards to leveling up from the Light or whatever after 20.

What, if any, is the best way to jump back in and understand all that's been updated since launch to get hooked?

The amount of machine gun ammo you get in 3v3 is legit retarded.

Yep, there was a big thread on Reddit yesterday about it, It ruins the game imo Esp with the raid Machine Gun and cocoon. Chalk it up to another change they need to make

Speaking of Reddit, Triplewrecks video has been on the front page all day, hopefully Bungie are sitting down tomorrow and resolving to fix everything asap (and not leave it till the weekly update to tell us) as the games in a terminal dive

ocean

Banned
Yep, there was a big thread on Reddit yesterday about it, It ruins the game imo Esp with the raid Machine Gun and cocoon. Chalk it up to another change they need to make

Speaking of Reddit, Triplewrecks video has been on the front page all day, hopefully Bungie are sitting down tomorrow and resolving to fix everything asap (and not leave it till the weekly update to tell us) as the games in a terminal dive
I joined a match in progress in Skirmish, down 2,200 points. Just in time for heavy but luckily I managed to grab it.

My BTRD turned the game around. Went on a 10 kill streak with it, got my super, made orbs for my teammates for some chaining...

I don't think a single crate of heavy should give me enough ammo to wipe the enemy team, one by one, three times over and then some.

Whoops, I hadn't heard about this. Does it suck? After the Watchdogs fiasco I should assume as much. Might as well get my beta access for PS4 then.

That's for you to judge on your own. I'll be playing the beta (ps4) primarily to see how the gameplay is and how it plays out in the co-op/multiplayer setting. The shooting mechanics, UI, loot design, setting (post-apoc NYC - i'm sick of nyc as a setting in video games, so over used), etc just seem dull.

Also, I know 4 people on my FL who have already played the closed beta, and 2 of them have commented that they are not impressed. Plus it's Ubisoft, so I can never take their stuff seriously anymore.

Lima

I joined a match in progress in Skirmish, down 2,200 points. Just in time for heavy but luckily I managed to grab it.

My BTRD turned the game around. Went on a 10 kill streak with it, got my super, made orbs for my teammates for some chaining...

I don't think a single crate of heavy should give me enough ammo to wipe the enemy team, one by one, three times over and then some.

BTARDED

Big plays.

Here's a hot question and tell me if I am doomed:

I bought Destiny + House of Wolves + The Dark Below at launch, played only the campaign underwhelmed and never tried the DLC at all, got burned out and feel lost in regards to leveling up from the Light or whatever after 20.

What, if any, is the best way to jump back in and understand all that's been updated since launch to get hooked?

So you're saying you don't have the Taken King expansion? If not, you will be locked out of a lot of content like daily story/crucible, nightfall, iron banner, etc.

You can still play the older raids (Vault of Glass and Crota's End) plus Prison of Elders, but your progression will be limited to year 1 gear and level 34 / light 170.

Also you will find it tough to find groups of players running these year one activities.

If you really want to get back into Destiny, you want the Taken King expansion. Check if you can get it at a sale or something.

ocean

Banned
I get 72 bullets for my BTRD with + Machine Gun Ammo boots. Takes maybe 4-5 bullets to kill someone?

Who thought "this makes sense in 3v3"? Damn. 3 rockets is reasonable - you need to get lucky to get more than 4 kills. But having enough MG ammo for well over a dozen kills? It's silly.

Top Bottom