• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1175106&page=100000

Anyone see this?

Not going to be angry until it's confirmed but ffs.

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

If anything I always thought they would introduce micro-trans for armor mats, never considered heavy ammo synths. Though this rumor is pretty unbelievable. I wouldn't waste 2 seconds of my time thinking about it.

After almost a year, I just happened to get on Destiny yesterday. I do have the original expansions, The Dark Below and House Of Wolves, though I haven't finished either of them. I pretty much took a break from gaming since mid of last year.

I've been playing Titanfall recently and I've felt like I give a shot at Destiny Crucible. I am level 31, don't have multiple characters to sink all the time into, so I've stuck with one character.

I see that there are tons of changes, with the factions gone, except for a couple of them. There are commendations now, though I have no clue what to do with those. The regular bounties are still available.

I don't have The Taken King and looks like I'm pretty much locked out of all the playlists, except for a few. I just happened to read online that I can't get the so called "legendary marks" without The Taken King, which means that they are forcing you to buy the expansion.

I know that this game has faced quite some backlash when it came out, I didn't keep up with the launch of TTK, however, looks like a lot of gamers might have been pissed off considering how your gameplay is very limited and the scope of you leveling up is very constrained.

Not that I can't purchase TTK but I don't know if I want to support the game. I mean I want to play the game but at the same time I feel like it isn't right as to what they've done to the game to make me purchase it.

Well not sure if this is a rant but I just want to share my opinion here. Thanks for reading I guess. Still debating on the expansion though.

Unstable

Oh boy, we're going to do this again?

Every time there's Destiny microtransaction news GAF starts the trepidation cycle all over again. Be on the lookout for the classics! Check if a post contains one or more of the following; hysteria, doomsaying, slippery-slope arguments, extreme concern from individuals who seemingly never played Destiny ever, the inevitable "I'm glad I stopped playing Destiny!" post, and the ever favorite "You can't really enjoy playing Destiny, you must be addicted!" post. Good times.

Then, once some time has passed, acceptance. It's the cycle.

Basically a way to pay to level up factions.

No, another reason why this rumor makes no sense. Factions can be leveled up with motes, armor mats, weapon parts, special synth and planetary mats; not just heavy ammo synths.

Adding a micro-transaction for just one of those options in order to level up faction rep is absurd.

No, another reason why this rumor makes no sense. Factions can be leveled up with motes, armor mats, weapon parts, special synth and planetary mats; not just heavy ammo synths.

Adding a micro-transaction for just one of those options in order to level up faction rep is absurd.

Sure, the rumor might be absurd.
Faction rep is the only thing I can think of that this would be useful for, though.

Unstable

The other microtransaction currently in the game includes a level boost to 30. Level 30. Think about that for a second. Do you know anyone who would buy a boost for something so easily attainable? These microtrasactions aren't for us, the hardcore players. We simply can't fathom a use for something that, at least in our minds, has no demand. There's a demand obviously, otherwise Bungie wouldn't be doing it. It's just not from us.

I can imagine a demand for items like strange coins, exotic shards and other materials that are hard to obtain for newer players. But heavy ammo synths? I can't fathom a new or casual player thinking that he/she would spent real money for heavy ammo, I just can't.

Liamc723

The other microtransaction currently in the game includes a level boost to 30. Level 30. Think about that for a second. Do you know anyone who would buy a boost for something so easily attainable? These microtrasactions aren't for us, the hardcore players. We simply can't fathom a use for something that, at least in our minds, has no demand. There's a demand obviously, otherwise Bungie wouldn't be doing it. It's just not from us.

It actually only boosts you to level 25!

I find this rumour very hard to believe. Seriously, heavy ammo synths? They're way too easy to obtain.

Matt Frost

Lol yes I know someone who payed for that... then we explained what he did and what he wasted and got really mad. He is doing the Achievements then will be done with the game forever. A pissed off customer.

Tri4

I have like 1000 motes. Thinking about dumping a few on my faction - should I? I like having a lot of motes because I'm pretty generous about levelling my weps and armour with them.

GlamFM

Banned
Hope Jason can clarify, because i don´t expect anything from Bungie PR.

I have like 1000 motes. Thinking about dumping a few on my faction - should I? I like having a lot of motes because I'm pretty generous about levelling my weps and armour with them.

I always keep 500, the rest is faction fuel.

I keep 100 motes per character. Everything above that is faction fodder. Legendary marks now buy planetary mats which again are for faction fodder.

E92 M3

I'd save them. They may gain a new purpose again and you never know what cool stuff Bungie adds. Use about 300 for faction fuel and keep the rest.

If anything, it feels like the next step be getting a burn card equivalent, or something like Mass Effect, Dragon Age loot drop purchases. I think Star Wars Battlefront has them too.

I despise these systems. I do not like playing games that have them. It always feel predatory to me. It was a major selling point to me that Destiny doesn't have them. But it's undeniable that this is the trend AAA games have going on. It will be very interesting to see what Destiny 2 does microtranscations-wise.

E92 M3

Personally, I hate that they took away a guaranteed source of strange coins. Until that's brought back, Xur will be a once a month venture.

Matt Frost

So the time to ask (or beg lol) has arrived... can two really amazing players rush me to the Lighthouse?

Please?

I am good but not amazing, and have great gear (320 Conspiracy Theory, 320 1000-Yard Stare, 320 Mida Multi-Tool, 319 Titan (or Hunter or Warlock),...)

Pretty Please? Is the last thing I have left to do (except the some Spectres and some Grimoire)

phen0m24

So the time to ask (or beg lol) has arrived... can two really amazing players want to rush me to the Lighthouse?

Please?

I am good but not amazing, and have great gear (320 Conspiracy Theory, 320 1000-Yard Stare, 320 Mida Multi-Tool, 319 Titan (or Hunter or Warlock),...)

Pretty Please? Is the last thing I have left to do (except the some Spectres and some Grimoire)

You need to appeal to Just Got Wicked and Rubenov. See if they're around. Or Igor maybe? Drizzay? :) Matches have been super sweaty though from the sound of it lately. :(

Matt Frost

You need to appeal to Just Got Wicked and Rubenov. See if they're around. Or Igor maybe? Drizzay? :) Matches have been super sweaty though from the sound of it lately. :(

Ok thanks for the tip with those players, will try, will try. I can back them pretty good but need two really great players, when I arrive to 7 or 8 wins always appears some teams that utterly destroy me :( And need help dealing with them. I play with my friends but more for fun that anything else...

I also have a mic, fiber and speak english better than I write it lol

So... Just Got Wicked, Rubenov, Igor or Drizzay, are you around?

Ok thanks for the tip with those players, will try, will try. I can back them pretty good but need two really great players, when I arrive to 7 or 8 wins always appears some teams that utterly destroy me :( And need help dealing with them. I play with my friends but more for fun that anything else...

I also have a mic, fiber and speak english better than I write it lol

So... Just Got Wicked, Rubenov, Igor or Drizzay, are you around?

Wicked and Rubenov hardly post anymore. Drizzay is probably still trying to get his Cronus to work and Igors in Brazil so probably not up yet. Your best bet is trying to find a regular group who you play well with, that can trump a lot of/most things. I manage flawless most weeks just by playing with a regular group as we all know how each other play

Matt Frost

Wicked and Rubenov hardly post anymore. Drizzay is probably still trying to get his Cronus to work and Igors in Brazil so probably not up yet. Your best bet is trying to find a regular group who you play well with, that can trump a lot of/most things. I manage flawless most weeks just by playing with a regular group as we all know how each other play

Ok good to know that about them... Wish them luck in whatever they may be doing lately... As for the regular team, thats what I been trying to do lately, but we always stumble upon a team that ravages us completely, completely. Mostly by extremely good snipers :(

I hope all this negative press stirs Bungie up a bit. It would be nice to hear some concrete information this week.

Of course, I won't hold my breath - it doesn't seem like Bungie even has a plan right now.

I hope all this negative press stirs Bungie up a bit. It would be nice to hear some concrete information this week.

Of course, I won't hold my breath - it doesn't seem like Bungie even has a plan right now.

Speaking of, EuroGamer just published "It's time for Destiny to show its hand"

This year, Destiny has flown blind. Bungie has failed to set players' expectations and the impression is one of indifference. That, or the developer is simply keeping schtum about the road ahead because there is so little to talk about...

Bungie's preference for drip-feeding information via flowery blog updates has only infuriated fans further. Most players are simply asking for more transparency - for Bungie to say 'look, we're sorry things are taking longer than we thought', to set expectations and say 'we have a half dozen new missions which should be ready in April, until then our focus is just to keep the game running smoothly until the release of Destiny 2'.

Bungie needs to be more open with its community and let people know what to expect. With this, Destiny's community can better manage their own expectations. Bungie has always talked about Destiny being a journey it will make in partnership with its fans. It's time to see if this can really happen.

GlamFM

Banned
Speaking of, EuroGamer just published "It's time for Destiny to show its hand"

This year, Destiny has flown blind. Bungie has failed to set players' expectations and the impression is one of indifference. That, or the developer is simply keeping schtum about the road ahead because there is so little to talk about...

Bungie's preference for drip-feeding information via flowery blog updates has only infuriated fans further. Most players are simply asking for more transparency - for Bungie to say 'look, we're sorry things are taking longer than we thought', to set expectations and say 'we have a half dozen new missions which should be ready in April, until then our focus is just to keep the game running smoothly until the release of Destiny 2'.

Bungie needs to be more open with its community and let people know what to expect. With this, Destiny's community can better manage their own expectations. Bungie has always talked about Destiny being a journey it will make in partnership with its fans. It's time to see if this can really happen.

Link?

It's crazy to me how in the dark they have been about Destiny. This is not the same Bungie that was all about communication with CE-Reach.

DESTINY is a far, far more ambiguous game to develop so thats understandable but atleast communicate with your fan base because we care so passionately.

Highwind

Last day to do the Golg challenge. Need 5 and a CP for HM. If no CP don't mind running warpriest.

1. Highwind / PSN: RagnarokMB

flkraven

Even if they deny that they will sell ammo synths, do we even believe them at this point? When MTs were introduced, they insisted it would be entirely cosmetic, and then just a few weeks later they started selling the level boosters. What the fuck is happening to this game? How in the fuck did Bungie lose all that goodwill they earned with the TTK release, and who in their PR department is responsible for this shitstorm getting this far away from them?

Cant believe the ammo for sale crap was an actual rumor. Bungie can be stupid at times, but not that stupid.

...maybe it speaks more to peoples perception of Bungie that they believed it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1175106&page=100000

Anyone see this?

Not going to be angry until it's confirmed but ffs.

Man... Bungie's financial department must be scared like crazy.

Here is how I read the current situation over at Bungie.

• Activision gives Bungie a lot of money with a very intense release schedule.
  • Bungie realizes way too late that the release schedule is too hard, and offers replacement system for income.
  • Activision likely doesn't care as long as they hit $X every checkpoint for profits
  • Bungie launches first round of Microtransactions.
  • Profits come in, but not enough to cover what could have been DLC profits.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items in effort to reach DLC level profits.
  • Microtransactions likely have diminishing returns, so even the popular items bring in less monies.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items combined with an event in an effort to reach DLC level profits.
  • Profits come in, but still not enough to cover DLC profits.
  • Reputations are getting sour and diminishing returns are kicking in stronger.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items again (this is where we are currently) in hopes of reach DLC level income.

I'm genuinely worried Bungie is going to forfeit their contract with Activision due to their change of Business model, and even if they don't forfeit the contract, Activision will fine them, or eat into Bungie's profits to the point the studio will no longer be stable and have to start layoffs.

Rumor was just debunked.

Quality stuff, VG24/7....

Slow the draw for me, whoops.

Well, my point still stands, and I am still worried about their situation.

WeTeHa

Last day to do the Golg challenge. Need 5 and a CP for HM. If no CP don't mind running warpriest.

1. Highwind / PSN: RagnarokMB
2. WeTeHa

sign me up.
Will be online playing Bastion, but will switch over to Destiny if we get a group going.

Deku Tree

Man... Bungie's financial department must be scared like crazy.

Here is how I read the current situation over at Bungie.

• Activision gives Bungie a lot of money with a very intense release schedule.
  • Bungie realizes way too late that the release schedule is too hard, and offers replacement system for income.
  • Activision likely doesn't care as long as they hit $X every checkpoint for profits
  • Bungie launches first round of Microtransactions.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items in effort to reach DLC level profits.
  • Microtransactions likely have diminishing returns, so even the popular items bring in less monies.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items combined with an event in an effort to reach DLC level profits.
  • Profits come in, but still not enough to cover DLC profits.
  • Reputations are getting sour and diminishing returns are kicking in stronger.
  • Bungie expands Microtransaction items again (this is where we are currently) in hopes of reach DLC level income.

I'm genuinely worried Bungie is going to forfeit their contract with Activision due to their change of Business model, and even if they don't forfeit the contract, Activision will fine them, or eat into Bungie's profits to the point the studio will no longer be stable and have to start layoffs.

um: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

EDIT: If I had to guess then Destiny is making a lot of money and Activision is quite happy with the franchise.

Top Bottom