• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

SBMM is so rubbish i'm getting matched with players from Hong Kong now :(

I've been noticing how mm works, it looks for 1-2 players in the same region, then matches us with anyone from anywhere in the world.
It can be so bad at times. Surely there are 12 people of comparable skill in the same timezone/region. Could the player base be that low? Or is the MM algorithm just garbage?

flkraven

I know there's already justifiable amount of salt regarding Destiny, so today i'm trying to think what is the best case scenario for Crimson Doubles event to not be another just masks event.

What elements could have to be a decent event based on what we know?

- Crimson loot drops can be 310+
- Smart loot for new shaders (kind of like SRL)
- Quest Line that granted Ghost or Class Armor of 320 LL
- New free map

Those seem doable if Bung-- ok, I'll try to stop the salt now.

Yup. It will have some type of $10 buy in for a special shader and emblem.

The fear of missing out mentality will temp folks to buy it.

I assume there will be some special 'Valentines Day' themed shaders that drop, and emotes that are for sale. I can't expect any less from them at this point. If they manage to fuck even that up, then I will be astounded.

It's a sorry state of affairs when discussion about the best-case-scenario for Crimson Doubles is based 90% on loot drops.

Fuck loot drops! I want something to do! I have enough loot to do everything, so if they are just going to fart out a new shader for playing a PvP game mode that we've had since launch then that is crap. Give me something new to do that is fun. At least with SRL it was something new. I didn't like it, but it was an honest-to-god effort.

flkraven

If the lifespan of Destiny were literally the plot to Homeward Bound, we're at the part where Shadow gets stuck in that mud pit and is too old to climb out. Chance and Sassy don't leave us behind.

edit: sorry for the spoilers.

Destiny 2 reveal

tumblr_mj2oloqUil1s4nebio1_250.gif

It's a sorry state of affairs when discussion about the best-case-scenario for Crimson Doubles is based 90% on loot drops.

Fuck loot drops! I want something to do! I have enough loot to do everything, so if they are just going to fart out a new shader for playing a PvP game mode that we've had since launch then that is crap. Give me something new to do that is fun. At least with SRL it was something new. I didn't like it, but it was an honest-to-god effort.

It's why I feel that they made a huge mistake not expanding the 'Arena' of HoW. And I'm not talking about pre-baked waves. I'm talking about an endless wave, random enemy sort of thing with scaling rewards. Something that's replayable, that if loot was better you could just play endlessly.

I tried playing classic 6's last night after feeling sick of TTK maps just to get hit with Sky Shock. I then powered off the console and proceeded to watch X-Files
You are a wise man.

Anyone want 500 silver for feeding me rumble wins until I get 100? Smh

EDIT: LMAO FIRST GAME OF CLASSIC RUMBLE AND ITS ALL SWEATS. Only flawless and scarab heart emblems.

LTWood12

It's why I feel that they made a huge mistake not expanding the 'Arena' of HoW. And I'm not talking about pre-baked waves. I'm talking about an endless wave, random enemy sort of thing with scaling rewards. Something that's replayable, that if loot was better you could just play endlessly.

Yeah Prison of Elders has so much potential for replayability. It's so odd how static it is.

deadduck

so you're ok with the system right now where everyone starts off with the best sniper rifles and pulse rifles and hand cannons right off the bat?

So when you argue that 'But people won't play because only the good players get the good weapons!'.....that's what it kinda is what now, no?

I would rather my friend who has a TLW and a 0.25 KDR being able to use this weapon (and still be bad) rather than force him to get 5 kills to be able to use it. He will NEVER get those kills and he will only be able to use the starter weapon... Forever.

What we have now is a place where anyone can have any gun. You don't have to be good to have TLW, but you can use it if you want. You don't have to be good to have a Conspiracy Theory, but you can use it.

If you got Thorn/Fellwinters for a 5 kill streak and I am struggling with the starter Antipodal Hindsight / Panta Rhei you will kill me every time. You will kill everyone every time.

Anyone can get the best weapons and they can use them, they are not gated to crucible skilland I think this is better than the rich getting richer design.

phen0m24

"You finished round 1! You get a white ammo pack!"

"You finished round 53! You get a heavy ammo pack!" (DLC only)

"You finished round 84! You get a 265 Does Not Bow!"

"You finished round 101! You get a 303 ghost shell'

seems so worth it /s

I would rather my friend who has a TLW and a 0.25 KDR being able to use this weapon (and still be bad) rather than force him to get 5 kills to be able to use it. He will NEVER get those kills and he will only be able to use the starter weapon... Forever.

What we have now is a place where anyone can have any gun. You don't have to be good to have TLW, but you can use it if you want. You don't have to be good to have a Conspiracy Theory, but you can use it.

If you got Thorn/Fellwinters for a 5 kill streak and I am struggling with the starter Antipodal Hindsight / Panta Rhei you will kill me every time. You will kill everyone every time.

Anyone can get the best weapons and they can use them, they are not gated to crucible skilland I think this is better than the rich getting richer design.

But in the new system you get to use the stronger weapons over time, it's not only gated to skill. And once you get 'rich' as you say it, you lose it when you die.

But I mean, you're fine with your friend getting destroyed by strong exotics just because he gets to use TLW, so there's no convincing you >_> The Warzone system of Halo 5 has it's pluses, hell even if the weapons were spawn-based it'd probably better than how it is now.

Damn. Right in the feels.

Someone photoshop Gjallarhorn on his back

These times are dark. Look at my DGAF. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.

"Ride out with me, DGAF."

"For Death & Glory.Ride out and meet this Reset Day. For Destiny. For DGAF."

"The Sun is Rising."
"Look for my coming at first light on the 5th Day. At Dawn, look to the East."

"Yes. The Horn of Gjallar shall sound one in the Deep. One last time.
Let this be the hour we draw swords together!
FELL DEEDS AWAKE!

Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin! And a Red Dawn errr... a Crimson Doubles!

Destiny GAF, the 0.04% stands alone.

Rescue us, Bungie!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I remember Deej using Vision of Confluence. The modifier was arc burn.

I rememeber Deej not reloading during downtime between waves in PoE. So the next wave would start and he'd fire 2 shots and have to reload while being shot at.

I remember Deej panicking and throwing his Nova Bomb and a full health Major Knight, who took about 40% damage, and then melee'd Deej to death causing the group to wipe.

deadduck

But in the new system you get to use the stronger weapons over time, it's not only gated to skill. And once you get 'rich' as you say it, you lose it when you die.

But I mean, you're fine with your friend getting destroyed by strong exotics just because he gets to use TLW, so there's no convincing you >_> The Warzone system of Halo 5 has it's pluses, hell even if the weapons were spawn-based it'd probably better than how it is now.

I chose to play Destiny because it didn't have kill streaks, weapon spawns and skill gates.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what would be better.

I chose to play Destiny because it didn't have kill streaks, weapon spawns and skill gates.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what would be better.

I mean, you can't complain that 'kill streaks' would be overpowered when you play Destiny's pvp considering half the garbage in PVP is over powered, especially when the kill streaks are simply gates to Destinys OP garbage.

Cause you complained that killstreaks, as me and unstable described them(Being weapon gates), would be overpowered. And what skill gates, no, skill will always be a factor. The only gates I would want are for strong weapons.

Frenden

Banned
I mean, you can't complain that 'kill streaks' would be overpowered when you play Destiny's pvp considering half the garbage in PVP is over powered, especially when the kill streaks are simply gates to Destinys OP garbage.

Cause you complained that killstreaks, as me and unstable described them(Being weapon gates), would be overpowered. And what skill gates, no skill will always be a factor. The only gates I would want are for strong weapons.
I absolutely abhor CS style earning or buying of weapons in PvP.

I always believed a mode where you strictly EARN your supers from kills/assists would be very interesting, instead of filling up over time along with k&a

phen0m24

I read everything you post like Hank in my head now. Just thought you ought to know.

So I should change my avatar based on what voice/character I'm trying to express in each post.... Interesting.

But because you said that now I'm reading your post with your voice in my head. :p

Also:

Trance still has his Christmas avatar.

Xplicit changed his.
Breezy. (D Bowie RIP)
DJ
Todd
Nameh
Panda

It's all New Year's Resolution up in here
except Trance

Matt Frost

As I only started last November-December, I've only just realised there's a Legendary Mark cap (I think Jafku may have told me that when I started, actually) so I've essentially been burning/wasting potential marks as I reached the cap a while ago.

Is there anything now/on the horizon I should get with them?

I'm Light Level 291/Warlock.

Hung Jury SR4 Scout Rifle from Dead Orbit.
1000 Yard Stare Sniper Rifle from Vanguard Quartermaster
Paleocontact Auto Rifle from Dead Orbit
Ruin Wake from Crucible Quartermaster

That's a good start.

Definitely a good start, some of those weapons are the best of the best in Destiny, but if you had to choose, get 1000 Yard Stare, in my opinion (and a lot of other people) is the best sniper in the game (it has the advantage of being a legendary weapon too). But keep in mind that, for example, Iron Banner will also sell a really good Scout Rifle tomorrow, and also a fusion rifle, and have a lot of chances of getting a similar auto rifle to the Paleocontact in Iron Banner as well. And they cost Legendary Marks too. So wait until is over and then get 1000 Yard Stare.

WipedOut

So I should change my avatar based on what voice/character I'm trying to express in each post.... Interesting.

But because you said that now I'm reading your post with your voice in my head. :p

Also:

Xplicit changed his.
Breezy. (D Bowie RIP)
DJ
Todd
Nameh
Panda

except Trance

Trance is set in his ways, he's the oldest young guy I know, by talking with him you would think he's in his 50's.

Btw you do a great Hank impersonation!

Also:

Xplicit changed his.
Breezy. (D Bowie RIP)
DJ
Todd
Nameh
Panda

except Trance

Trance is a stickler for tradition. :p

The Divisionisation of DGAF is nigh.