• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

phen0m24

Definitely a good start, some of those weapons are the best of the best in Destiny, but if you had to choose, get 1000 Yard Stare, in my opinion (and a lot of other people) is the best sniper in the game (it has the advantage of being a legendary weapon too). But keep in mind that, for example, Iron Banner will also sell a really good Scout Rifle tomorrow, and also a fusion rifle, and have a lot of chances of getting a similar auto rifle to the Paleocontact in Iron Banner as well. And they cost Legendary Marks too. So wait until is over and then get 1000 Yard Stare.

Another standout for me has been the Burden of Proof shotgun from New Monarchy, if you have that faction leveled. Full auto beast shotgun!

Trance is set in his ways, he's the oldest young guy I know, by talking with him you would think he's in his 50's.

Btw you do a great Hank impersonation!

Have to play with you crazies again one of these days. Oh wait.. (Josh lives on the XB1)

Thanks. I'm getting so bored at work, and thinking I should record some of these dopey voices for fun and maybe get VO work. lol

"this game needs more PROPANE!"

Top of the Page Confessions:

I am Destiny Bi-Polar.

Have uninstalled it once.

Said I was taking a break until a kid who got the game for Christmas asked me to help him.

I suck at and literally loathe PvP but play it anyway sometimes. I need to upload my 21-kill streak for you guys though. I mean, seriously Stormcaller!

I HEART GAF

giphy.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Be back in several hours. Gonna go watch LotR: The Two Towers.

Thanks, John...

For real. Talk about an amazing shot.

E92 M3

So I should change my avatar based on what voice/character I'm trying to express in each post.... Interesting.

But because you said that now I'm reading your post with your voice in my head. :p

Also:

Trance still has his Christmas avatar.

Xplicit changed his.
Breezy. (D Bowie RIP)
DJ
Todd
Nameh
Panda

It's all New Year's Resolution up in here
except Trance

I like Christmas the season :p

Trance is set in his ways, he's the oldest young guy I know, by talking with him you would think he's in his 50's.

Btw you do a great Hank impersonation!

I consider myself an old soul sometimes lol.

Matt Frost

Another standout for me has been the Burden of Proof shotgun from New Monarchy, if you have that faction leveled. Full auto beast shotgun!

I been looking at it recently and thinking about getting it, looks rad... but I made the mistake of buying the FWC hand cannon instead, so will get it after Iron Banner.. thanks for the push!. Have all three factions at level 3 and Dead Orbit at level 10 with my hunter (was told about the ship and class item way too late lol, wish someone told me earlier, wasted a ton of rep leveling Vanguard...)

I suck at and literally loathe PvP but play it anyway sometimes. I need to upload my 21-kill streak for you guys though. I mean, seriously Stormcaller!

I HEART GAF

I would like to see that

Anyone up for a Mercury run or scarab farming?

Psn: optimus8936

The Scarab emblem is one of my most desired things, top of my list, but I fear I won't be much help (have not reached Mercury yet lol)

Scarab is one of those things I'd feel bad about getting. Because I don't feel like I've earned it. Unless I can go consistently flawless, or at least play more cards every week, then let it be for others.

I do really want those Trials shaders & a ship. I so badly want a ship.

I'll watch it tomorrow
is what I said 3 years ago

Really though, I think I should hurry and watch hobbit 3 and then start LoTR. I'm a big fan of medievaly shit.

Hobbit movies : Lord of the Ring movies :: Star Wars Prequel Trilogy : Star Wars Original Trilogy

The difference is night and day.

Scarab is one of those things I'd feel bad about getting. Because I don't feel like I've earned it. Unless I can go consistently flawless, or at least play more cards every week, then let it be for others.

I do really want those Trials shaders & a ship. I so badly want a ship.

I got a ship the first week I did Trials hue. And I originally wanted the Scarab emblem, but then I found out it's random. So i couldn't care less about it.

Tri4

What they said.

The Extended Editions btw. Fucking Two Towers is like 4 hours long.
I tend to avoid movies (I'm a TV show guy) because of their really long watch times. So if in a year, I still having watched LoTR.. we know who scared me away :)
Hobbit movies : Lord of the Ring movies :: Star Wars Prequel Trilogy : Star Wars Original Trilogy

The difference is night and day.
I don't know what :: or : means where but I'm guessing you're trying to say LoTR shits on Hobbit. That should be good, I actually liked the Hobbit.
How can you be a fan of medievaly shit and not have watched LOTR?

Does not compute.
Obviously I played skyrim and watched game of thrones and decided I was a fan

If you have time later on I also would like to do some scarab farming. Went 14-0 at one point this week and nothing dropped.

We can go now if Optimus is up for it, I'm not sure when (or even if Biggy will be on). Edit sorry Biggys on, will see what's what. Optimus do you have a flawless card now? If not we can go for scarab then I'll drop and you can go for flawless after

Namikaze1

I tend to avoid movies (I'm a TV show guy) because of their really long watch times. So if in a year, I still having watched LoTR.. we know who scared me away :)

I don't know what :: or : means where but I'm guessing you're trying to say LoTR shits on Hobbit. That should be good, I actually liked the Hobbit.

Obviously I played skyrim and watched game of thrones and decided I was a fan
:p

Trust me, LoTR trilogy is sooooo much better than the Hobbit trilogy. I would still recommend the Extended Edition version of the Trilogy.

It's something I picked up from the SATs. They're Analogy Questions in the Aristotelian format, SKY : BLUE :: GRASS : _____.

Edit: there's an unverified post from someone claiming to work at Bungie about the whole situation over on the subreddit.

Tldr: "We f----ed up, but we're trying to make it right. Also, we may be f----ed."

Deku Tree

flkraven

It's something I picked up from the SATs. They're Analogy Questions in the Aristotelian format, SKY : BLUE :: GRASS : _____.

Edit: there's an unverified post from someone claiming to work at Bungie about the whole situation over on the subreddit.

Tldr: "We f----ed up, but we're trying to make it right. Also, we may be f----ed."

Yah, not much there. The only thing I keep getting from all this news is the fact that Destiny 2 is basically just going to be a bigger expansion over Destiny 1. Really upsetting. I was hoping they would shake things up slightly, rather than having the same tower, the same director, the same planets and patrol zones, etc.

Tri4

:p

Trust me, LoTR trilogy is sooooo much better than the Hobbit trilogy. I would still recommend the Extended Edition version of the Trilogy.
I guess I'll just have to clear up my schedule *coughdestiny*
Now watch LOTR and play The Witcher 3. You'll be in medieval heaven.
I was mostly kidding. I've messed around with a lot of medieval media including witcher 3 which im still going through. Kinda funny how LoTR, which is like the base of a lot of medieval stuff, is the one thing I havent watched lol.
It's something I picked up from the SATs. They're Analogy Questions in the Aristotelian format, SKY : BLUE :: GRASS :
We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-XP-Level-Up-Sound.jpg

Future

Is this real? It was taken down very fast that's for sure...

fT4f4hz.jpg

buRQbkh.jpg

pClQLTh.jpg

YePDE4V.jpg

Only three people in the live team? Seems fake...

I know nothing about Bungie, but have experience in development and I can believe all of this.

Games cost so much to make with huge teams and huge time tables. I've seen teams that small sent to slave on shit you would not expect, especially if its not monetized super well or at all. AAA teams fall victim to this especially just because there is higher risk relative to the team cost

Only three people in the live team? Seems fake...

3 people I believe was referring to Year 1. Year 2 was hoping to be 10, but is 6 unless it's for the big event.

Nothing new in the whole post really. Just putting together what a bunch of reports have said. The only new part really is saying that Destiny 2 is coming Spring 2016.

What's remarkable, though, is that this kind of post, maybe not even this much is all that Bungie has to say.

"Next thing is coming soon, not this year, but we'll continue to invest in the Live game. We're working on bigger story, better characters and we're working on our tools and back end to make content and turnaround much faster."

I think Bungie can't be that honest because their priorities don't line up with ours. Our priorities are all short-term. Bungie is thinking of the long term, hence the Live team is clearly tasked with monetization first, Quality of Life second.

I don't even need a big roadmap. Just some assurance.

SpecX

I honestly hope this is true and I wish Bungie could just come out and say this officially, but I get it they have legal obligations and contracts.

LTWood12

As I only started last November-December, I've only just realised there's a Legendary Mark cap (I think Jafku may have told me that when I started, actually) so I've essentially been burning/wasting potential marks as I reached the cap a while ago.

Is there anything now/on the horizon I should get with them?

I'm Light Level 291/Warlock.

Definitely a good start, some of those weapons are the best of the best in Destiny, but if you had to choose, get 1000 Yard Stare, in my opinion (and a lot of other people) is the best sniper in the game (it has the advantage of being a legendary weapon too). But keep in mind that, for example, Iron Banner will also sell a really good Scout Rifle tomorrow, and also a fusion rifle, and have a lot of chances of getting a similar auto rifle to the Paleocontact in Iron Banner as well. And they cost Legendary Marks too. So wait until is over and then get 1000 Yard Stare.

1000 Yard Stare is definitely the favorite legendary sniper for most people. Specifically, the one you get from one of the quests (can't remember which) that has shortgaze, rifled barrel, and firefly. So I probably would not spend my first set of marks on it, though the vendor one has longview-SLR10 and Triple Tap so it's definitely nice for PvE.

For your money, the Iron Banner Scout isn't nearly as versatile or fun as the Hung Jury. Out of the box w/ HJ you're getting Triple Tap, Extended Mag/Hand-Laid Stock, & Firefly. The Iron Banner scout if mainly a PVP weapon (High impact, low ROF), and it's impossible to get a roll like Hung Jury on that gun. Firefly isn't one of it's available perks, which is fantastic in PvE.

The Iron Banner auto rifle is indeed very good, but there is no chance of it dropping from end of match rewards this next iron banner. Iron banner will only drop the items that are currently being sold by Lord Saladin as end of match rewards; so as far as weapons it'll just be the Fusion Rifle and the Scout Rifle. You COULD possibly get the AR from your rank 5 package, but chances are slim; and even if you do, you could get a crappy roll. Odds aren't in your favor. So if you like auto rifles, I'd definitely say go ahead and pick up Paleocontact.

tl:dr
Hung Jury>1000YS>Paleocontact

ultrazilla

That reads like the real deal. But whatever.

I was never expecting Destiny 2 to ship this year anyways, so that's not a hard thing to swallow.

Anyways, my kid just told me there's a vicious rumor(hopefully false) that Tess Everess might be selling heavy ammo in the near future for real money through Eververse Trading.

If that's true, it'll be brutal.

Matt Frost

1000 Yard Stare is definitely the favorite legendary sniper for most people. Specifically, the one you get from one of the quests (can't remember which) that has shortgaze, rifled barrel, and firefly. So I probably would not spend my first set of marks on it, though the vendor one has longview-SLR10 and Triple Tap so it's definitely nice for PvE.

For your money, the Iron Banner Scout isn't nearly as versatile or fun as the Hung Jury. Out of the box w/ HJ you're getting Triple Tap, Extended Mag/Hand-Laid Stock, & Firefly. The Iron Banner scout if mainly a PVP weapon (High impact, low ROF), and it's impossible to get a roll like Hung Jury on that gun. Firefly isn't one of it's available perks, which is fantastic in PvE.

The Iron Banner auto rifle is indeed very good, but there is no chance of it dropping from end of match rewards this next iron banner. Iron banner will only drop the items that are currently being sold by Lord Saladin as end of match rewards; so as far as weapons it'll just be the Fusion Rifle and the Scout Rifle. You COULD possibly get the AR from your rank 5 package, but chances are slim; and even if you do, you could get a crappy roll. Odds aren't in your favor. So if you like auto rifles, I'd definitely say go ahead and pick up Paleocontact.

tl:dr
Hung Jury>1000YS>Paleocontact

Hung Jury is indeed very good but I always use a primary weapon so I choose Mida Multi-Tool... In my opinion is more versatile and fun to use? Maybe is only me lol

I did get a weapon from last season, but now that I think of it it was on a level 5 package of one of my three chars.

Didnt know about that perks/best combination, thanks for the info!!

Nvm LT is too fast

Indeed

LTWood12

Hung Jury is indeed very good but I always use a primary weapon so I choose Mida Multi-Tool... In my opinion is more versatile and fun to use? Maybe is only me lol

I did get a weapon from last season, but now that I think of it it was on a level 5 package of one of my three chars.

Didnt know about that perks/best combination, thanks for the info!!

Good discussion! Thanks for being a part of the community, and taking the time to answer newbie's questions!

Top Bottom