• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Just got a 1kYS with an Ambush scope/Grenadier/injection mold or perfect balance/unflinching.

Thoughts? Don't know that it should replace the Taken War Earth 1k with firefly and shortgaze.

Jafku

Is this real? It was taken down very fast that's for sure...
*Destiny stuff*

Only three people in the live team? Seems fake...
Thanks for posting this Deku. To me that all sounds plausible. If they truly are aiming for a Spring 2017 release date then that gives the plenty of time to develop, market and advertise the new expansion. Hopefully they can also improve their tools in the meantime. Of course this is all predicated on the fact that this person is indeed an anonymous bungie employee.

LTWood12

There's really nothing in that reddit post that couldn't have been written by any one of us posing as a bungie employee. Nothing really all that specific; vague references to their initial review scores and it's effect on their bonus, the size of the live team, and the game being pushed to spring 2017. On it's surface all that sounds like inside baseball, but:

We knew the review scores were bad.
We know that generally bonuses are somewhat tied to review scores.
We know the live team is small already.
We were pretty sure (Jason's article) that the game had been delayed out of 2016.

So whether it's real or fake, the actual meat of what's in there isn't anything new.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have no clue: What does KAPPA means?

It's a twitch emote that basically means *sarcasm.
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

or if you're Australian it means a cup of coffee.

to be taken with a spoon of sarcasm

ocean

Banned
Whenever people mention custom or private games I always come to the same question: UX/UI.

How would you guys imagine it working within the game's interface? A Tower vendor you speak to while in a party and then split up the members in teams of 3 and chose the match parameters?

I honestly can't even imagine what the UI for this would be.

LTWood12

The stars are aligning for tomorrow to give us the shittiest nightfall of all time. What would that look like?

Shield Brothers
Epic
Grounded
Trickle
Ironclad
Lightswitch

phen0m24

Whenever people mention custom or private games I always come to the same question: UX/UI.

How would you guys imagine it working within the game's interface? A Tower vendor you speak to while in a party and then split up the members in teams of 3 and chose the match parameters?

You pull up Crucible and it's an option in the menu.

They could make a sexy-looking cyber dashboard that has

Game Mode
# of players
Gravity Percentage
Super on/off
Ammo drops
Time of round

And whatever else, then give you an option to save and load your preferences under your profile.

They could also lock it behind an upgrade or DLC.

Thats exactly what i have always thought must be a real challenge to do it. Most games can just add a custom matches tab on the menu and that works just fine but Destiny's UI is not like most games.

Lnkn52

Via Captain Twaz
https://twitter.com/captaintwaz/status/685506080563134464

I thought it was a good attempt:
CYNoJadWsAEu-lk.png:large

Was just on Twitter and saw Deej tweet about having one eye on community manager appreciation and one eye on an article he is writing about issues we face as a community.

I can't wait for the horribly out of touch article that blames the community and that we need to let Bungie work its magic or something.

Maybe I'm jaded these days but that's what always happens.

Raven117

If that post is to be believed, I don't doubt for a second that most of that is happening.

(LT was right, we have heard it all before).

I would also believe that there are some business decisions being made that are driving a lot of this weirdness right now.

That doesn't mean I give Bungie a free pass. They obviously did NOT plan for a communication roadmap in which they would keep the players involved as much as they could.

There's really nothing in that reddit post that couldn't have been written by any one of us posing as a bungie employee. Nothing really all that specific; vague references to their initial review scores and it's effect on their bonus, the size of the live team, and the game being pushed to spring 2017. On it's surface all that sounds like inside baseball, but:

We knew the review scores were bad.
We know that generally bonuses are somewhat tied to review scores.
We know the live team is small already.
We were pretty sure (Jason's article) that the game had been delayed out of 2016.

So whether it's real or fake, the actual meat of what's in there isn't anything new.

The only thing "new" about the post was the size of the live team at various states, and that the SBMM thing was a "lost in translation" issue.

Both items I could totally believe.

Tri4

I just pulled out TLW on thieves den (continuation of top post) and managed a 0.53 KD. How are people using this gun? I went up to people and was about 5 metres away and fired shots. Managed to miss a lot of shots even though I was so close and it took like 4 shots to kill when I did manage a kill.

Tips?

I just pulled out TLW on thieves den (continuation of top post) and managed a 0.53 KD. How are people using this gun? I went up to people and was about 5 metres away and fired shots. Managed to miss a lot of shots even though I was so close and it took like 4 shots to kill when I did manage a kill.

Tips?

Are you aware the gun is an automatic?

A lot of people seem to miss that.

Tips?

Hip Fire.

Are you aware the gun is an automatic?

A lot of people seem to miss that.

But you don't want to use it as an automatic.

Raven117

I mean, for effs sakes....how hard is it to write the following:

The beginning of 2016 has been quite busy at Bungie as we are developing and planning new content after the success of The Taken King. We apologize for our lack of communication since the launch of The Taken King as we wanted to nail down exactly what we had in store for you and when.

Unfortunately, we are still working on developing that road map that is ready to be revealed. We are shooting to have a full announcement of our plans going forward on X and X date, but obviously, if things change, we will let you know.

We here at Bungie as both developers and gamers are listening to your concerns and share in your frustrations as we want you guys to play all this great stuff we are making as much as you want to play it.

In the mean time our live team has put together some fun events stuff for ya.

We know you guys want more content. We want to give it to you, but we can only reveal it when we are ready.

Bungie, out

From a business perspective, I can understand that you don't want to be too crazy with this kind of stuff as Activision's shareprice can be greatly affected on when games release and in what quarter, etc.etc. Expectations aren't met...shares drop...yada yada. I get it.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing other games (Division, Dark Souls 3...I'm looking at you), and will be here front and center when new pve content is announced.

I'm inclined to believe that Bungie post, the mention of no bonus gives it some kudos, though its the internet so who knows

On Deej's tweet, he doesn't face any issues as a member of the "community" he's part of the machine

I mean, for effs sakes....how hard is it to write the following:

The beginning of 2016 has been quite busy at Bungie as we are developing and planning new content after the success of The Taken King. We apologize for our lack of communication since the launch of The Taken King as we wanted to nail down exactly what we had in store for you and when.

Unfortunately, we are still working on developing that road map that is ready to be revealed. We are shooting to have a full announcement of our plans going forward on X and X date, but obviously, if things change, we will let you know.

We here at Bungie as both developers and gamers are listening to your concerns and share in your frustrations as we want you guys to play all this great stuff we are making as much as you want to play it.

In the mean time our live team has put together some fun events stuff for ya.

We know you guys want more content. We want to give it to you, but we can only reveal it when we are ready.

Bungie, out

That's the problem with Bungie. What we will get is the complete opposite and blame the hardcore fans etc. I've seen it so many times now.

Highwind

Fuck me haha. Guess this is a lesson in making sure I finish up challenges the day reset happens.

Reposting:

Last day to do the Golg challenge. Need 5 and a CP for HM. If no CP don't mind running warpriest.

1. Highwind / PSN: RagnarokMB
2. WeTeHa / PSN: WeTeHa
3. Shokleeto (Maybe)
4. lightsaberut

shenze

Banned
Good games biggy, Darryl, and mehr, and thanks for the flawless. Still no scarab but fun nonetheless, I thought that was a good map for trials. Once again thanks for the runs!

Edit: 319 reflection sum and 310 plan c, nice.

Maybesew

When you hit 40, just run strikes to gear up? Daily heroic story was too hard. Anything else? I haven't played since the dark below.

When you hit 40, just run strikes to gear up? Daily heroic story was too hard. Anything else? I haven't played since the dark below.

Court of Oryx used to be a good way to get gear, but it's probably pretty empty now. Strikes are your best bet. Also do daily and weekly crucible stuff for marks to spend on gear. Another tip is to decrypt one engram at a time so that you can make sure to equip your highest level gear at all times.

Top Bottom