• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

deadduck

I got literally nothing from IB after reaching rank5 x3 on Thursday last time.

Rank2 then no modifiers and no bounties to try for more drops.

My point is that there are so many problems across the game that this MM change is only "a good first step."

Cool, fair enough.

chur

Just read the matchmaking update. My question is: is this a new setup for matchmaking or are they simply reverting to the old matchmaking setup?

Just read the matchmaking update. My question is: is this a new setup for matchmaking or are they simply reverting to the old matchmaking setup?

It will be a hybrid imo. To go back to the old system will be them admitting they were wrong and they don't do that. Though i'll suspect we'll never truly know what it is

spyder_ur

Does the matchmaking change effect Trials at all?

I'd actually be happy to go back to the old system. My group can get to 5-7 wins pretty consistently but the skill curve tends to crush us pretty hard after that. Would be more fun if when we got to 6-0 we'd have a shot at Mercury with the right matchups.

Either way, it's a good change I think.

Does the matchmaking change effect Trials at all?

I'd actually be happy to go back to the old system. My group can get to 5-7 wins pretty consistently but the skill curve tends to crush us pretty hard after that. Would be more fun if when we got to 6-0 we'd have a shot at Mercury with the right matchups.

Either way, it's a good change I think.

They'll probably do something similar to what they did in December.

Push the new matchmaking out to a single playlist to gather data, and then adjust the matchmaking levels and slowly integrate it into the other playlists over the course of a month.

Nicodemic

After work Oryx HM CM - PS4 (Hopefully will have CP)

Anyone down for Oryx after work today - 5:30 - 6pm Eastern.

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku

Added. Need two more for after work shenanigans.

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

Having Pandora has our runner would be a lucky charm against those pesky teleporting ogres...

Pandora are you out there? :)

chur

It will be a hybrid imo. To go back to the old system will be them admitting they were wrong and they don't do that. Though i'll suspect we'll never truly know what it is
Lol I forgot. I was sure they were just going back to the old system but that's not the Bungie way.

ich00

Got my division code as well! Whoever wants to play this weekend can add me on psn: ichabod00

On topic: pretty excited about the match making changes. I hope it makes it over to trials quickly. Trials of Lag is more frustrating than anything. Even our fun run last night got frustrating because of lag.

Also ran in to a Titan bubble train in trials last night that was really effective. First time I've ever seen that.

I threw this together from a post I made on gaming side. It's just a collective list of content in Destiny that exists but isn't being utilized.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/42s5s9/a_comprised_list_of_unused_andor_neglected/

Good post, there is so much they could do with that existing content.

Even if they just made a strike exclusive legendary drop from each of the Y1 strikes. A lot of the community would play the hell out of them if it got them a piece of loot you couldn't get anywhere else.

A lot like the grasp farming etc that goes on now

I think I'm one of the only people not playing The Division Beta this weekend.

What thread am I in even?!

Send halp.

Edit: I just want to play Deadstiny

I have not got my Division Beta Key yet (I signed up for it 11 days ago, fwiw).

Regardless, I need to complete my FIRST Oryx challenge today and get that FINALLY checked off.

Future

Even if they just made a strike exclusive legendary drop from each of the Y1 strikes. A lot of the community would play the hell out of them if it got them a piece of loot you couldn't get anywhere else.

Bungee has to know this. I think they are worried about splitting the player base. Is destiny population high enough across 4 consoles to support matchmaking that encourages playthroughs of all raids, strikes, and stories? I always felt the limitations were simply there to funnel players to similar content so the worlds don't seem dead

Funny enough, when TTK laucnhed, I believe all strikes were given legendary specific drops.

People knew about Omnigul having a warlock class item way before Omnigul made it back into the regular strike rotation.

Fake Edit: Looked it up, it's just a Hunter Helmet attached to Phogoth, nothing else.

There are other strike exclusives in the db that haven't been added to the game yet. Bungie's theme with TTK seems to be to slowly roll these types of things out.

Omnigul is a special case though because it's the only boss that's easily farmable. You can kill her over and over without the strike ending.

If the others are added, they'd need to be added to the NF list because otherwise the drop rate is too low and not really worth it.

WipedOut

I have not got my Division Beta Key yet (I signed up for it 11 days ago, fwiw).

Regardless, I need to complete my FIRST Oryx challenge today and get that FINALLY checked off.

Can you run at 6 est?

Having Pandora has our runner would be a lucky charm against those pesky teleporting ogres...

Pandora are you out there? :)

Anyone down for Oryx after work today - 6pm Eastern.

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. Pandora (?)

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

I added her, she is usually on so...

Funny enough, when TTK laucnhed, I believe all strikes were given legendary specific drops.

People knew about Omnigul having a warlock class item way before Omnigul made it back into the regular strike rotation.

Fake Edit: Looked it up, it's just a Hunter Helmet attached to Phogoth, nothing else.

Phogoth strike must have a rehash in the works. Why else would there be so many new dead ghosts in that space

Jafku

Can you run at 6 est?

Anyone down for Oryx after work today - 6pm Eastern.

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. Pandora (?)

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

I added her, she is usually on so...
I got the cp

Top Bottom