• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I got the cp
Mind sharing it now? I'd just like to grab it.

:eek:

top of the page! been a while.

New DeadstinyGAF official logo:

Division_Sign.svg

netguy503

Can you run at 6 est?

After work Oryx HM CM - PS4 (Hopefully will have CP)

Anyone down for Oryx after work today - 6pm Eastern.

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. Pandora (?)

Added. Need two more for after work shenanigans.

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

I added her, she is usually on so...

I'd like to join. PSN: Netguy503

I get that it's fun to make jokes and we all made a lot of good friends here and want to play other games with those friends, but can we seriously take a break from all the Division posts?

They're becoming annoying.

This NF is so easy if everyone has the solar sword. Each person pick one of the bosses and just heavy attack them. Do not go from 1 to another.

WipedOut

I'd like to join. PSN: Netguy503

Can you run at 6 est?

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. NetGuy503

Added. Need one more for after work shenanigans.

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

This is frustrating. The community is really excited about the MM changes, which are good, but the community is going too far with its excitement. Whether it's people on here hyping CBMM or this Eurogamer article.

Bungie rolls back controversial Destiny matchmaking changes

Bungie has said it will reverse the controversial matchmaking changes it recently introduced to Destiny.

This week's Iron Banner event - designed to appeal to that hardcore - will see these recent matchmaking changes revoked

Umm... Where did they say reverse or roll back?

No. DeeJ said:

Lord Saladin's battle for the Spark will feature new matchmaking settings that will assign more emphasis to connection quality.​

No rollback, no reversal. Just balancing some more toward connection. It's still SBMM.

And let's be clear. They were already going to do this. Just last week:

Lars: In fact, there are some new changes coming in the near future that are intended to help reduce what we call latency (what you call “lag”).​

I really want them to put some effort into Quality of Life for Year 2 and not just leave it Events and tweaking the new SBMM, a system that no one asked for.

Can you run at 6 est?

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. Pandora (?)

Added. Need two more for after work shenanigans.

Anyone have CP for Oryx?

I added her, she is usually on so...

Yea I can do it. Jafku has CP so we're good.

This is frustrating. The community is really excited about the MM changes, which are good, but the community is going too far with its excitement. Whether it's people on here hyping CBMM or this Eurogamer article.

Bungie has said it will reverse the controversial matchmaking changes it recently introduced to Destiny.

This week's Iron Banner event - designed to appeal to that hardcore - will see these recent matchmaking changes revoked

No. DeeJ said:

Lord Saladin's battle for the Spark will feature new matchmaking settings that will assign more emphasis to connection quality.​

No rollback, no reversal. Just balancing some more toward connection. It's still SBMM.

Lars: In fact, there are some new changes coming in the near future that are intended to help reduce what we call latency (what you call “lag”).“lag”).​

I'm not letting Bungie off the hook. I really want them to put some effort into Quality of Life for Year 2 and not just leave it Events and tweaking SBMM that no one asked for.

Yeah, they've been surprisingly sparse on details. Vague statements like "new matchmaking settings" ಠ_ಠ. What does that mean even.

Yeah, they've been surprisingly sparse on details. Vague statements like "new matchmaking settings" ಠ_ಠ. What does that mean even.

This is why DeeJ is community manager. He wrote up a post detailing something that was already happening and was able to frame it in a way that made the community happy while providing 0 tangible details that would make it difficult for the team to meet.

ocean

Banned

No. DeeJ said:

Lars: In fact, there are some new changes coming in the near future that are intended to help reduce what we call latency (what you call “lag”).​

I really want them to put some effort into Quality of Life for Year 2 and not just leave it Events and tweaking the new SBMM, a system that no one asked for.
The game has always, since launch, included skill balancing. They just gave it way too much weight in their algorithm tweaking recently. This game never had "pure" connection based mm.

At any rate, a doubt there's a single MM algorithm they could go back to. There probably isn't such a thing as "the old one", since I'd imagine with all the data they pick up they've been tweaking it constantly since launch. At any rate, the community has spoken loudly re: our desire for latency to be more heavily weighed in the matchmaking process, and they've indicated they'll do just that.

Whether it's "going back" to a hypothetical old one or not doesn't really matter, only whether it works. But yeah it's "still" SBMM insofar as it has been since the game came out.

Edit: for clarity, there was one instance of (allegedly) purely connection based MM: Y1 Trials. Remember how it was noticeably less laggy than regular Crucible? And even then, since it was pre made Fireteams sometimes it was laggy (imagine America-Europe-Asia GAF teams for instance). Had it been all randoms with that algorithm, Destiny might have played like a decent modern shooter!

But yeah outside of Y1 Trials there's never been connection-only / skill blind matching.

SpecX

Didn't the IB glitch get patched? Isn't that why it ends an hour early now to reset your rank so you can't do the orbit trick?

Frenden

Banned
I just got a new mic/headset (Steelseries v2 for more than half off on closeout at a department store). Noice. Hopefully it works with my USB audio adapter. Seems to so far.

Trakan

It's funny that the IB reset glitch is one that like, .04% of the total population had to be abusing, but of course it was a cheesy way to get loot so it had to be fixed.

^^^Can I get in on this train business?

Buy special engrams till you get the perfectly rolled Jabberhakke

You serious? I was thinking of doing special engram to find a good Conspiracy D but I'm just dong the strike grind quest to get the static one.

For me, it's special weapon engrams from the Cryptarch trying for a 1KYS with a good scope and snapshot.

Hmm a better snipe would be nice but I love the Stillpiercer

darthbob

It's funny that the IB reset glitch is one that like, .04% of the total population had to be abusing, but of course it was a cheesy way to get loot so it had to be fixed.

Anything that benefits players will get fixed quickly, anything that does the opposite... well they'll get to it eventually maybe

they're not really comparable but remembering the SRL book exploit and the heavy ammo loss glitch you can really see where the priorities are

Top Bottom