• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Shiv47

Anyone doing NM KF raid today or this week? I want to hopefully attempt it for the first time. I know this might be difficult due to IB on going and everyone doing HM, but figured I'd ask. Worse case, I'll wait for Hawkian next week.

I have a friend who needs to do it for the first time as well, so I'd be interested, if I can nail down a time with him. And get three more people of course.

D_psipher

If the glitch didn't work last time, then I doubt it'll work this time. Time to start saving IB bounties if you haven't already. My Titan has 6 ready to turn in while my hunter and warlock have 1 weekly each and several incomplete bounties saved up.

Edit: let me grab the bounties. :p

I did the same thing. My titan was rank 1.5 before we even started a match. Hit 2 with that last win.

SpecX

I have a friend who needs to do it for the first time as well, so I'd be interested, if I can nail down a time with him. And get three more people of course.

Cool, earliest I could start is 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST during the week or almost any time during the weekend with enough planning. Anyone willing to help us if we can get a solid time/day planned?

North American here. Got my PSN code to download the Division Beta. I think earlier, people were getting them were in the EU and South America?

Anyway, check your email.

Hope everyone went through the IB vital info doc posted by Bungie today:

Most of it we already know but still hope everyone reads it so we can avoid posts like 'i got nothing from rank 5 package', 'why did IB end an hour earlier than reset' etc :p

General Information:
10:00 AM PST on January 26th through 12:00 AM PST on February 2nd, 2016, Iron Banner RIFT will be available.
Information regarding Iron Banner Events, such as level requirements, can be found within the Iron Banner FAQ.
For future Iron Banner availability, stay tuned to the Bungie Weekly Update.

Rewards:
As listed in the 1/21/16 Bungie Weekly Update, the following Iron Banner rewards may be purchased from Lord Saladin, or acquired through Post Game Credit Reports:
Lord Saladin:
• Rank 3: Class Item, PlayStation Class Item
• Rank 4: Chest Piece, Scout Rifle
• Rank 5: Fusion Rifle

Post-game drops:
• Rank 2: Boots
• Rank 3: Chest Piece, PlayStation Helmet, Scout Rifle
• Rank 4: Fusion Rifle

Additional Links:
• The Iron Banner Sniper Rifle, Weyloran's March, will sometimes display the incorrect scope. Additional information can be found within this Help Article.
• Avoid the loss of Reputation Package rewards by claiming Rank 3 Iron Banner Reputation packages before reaching Rank 5. More information can be found within this Help Article.

Trending Topics:
• Some rewards from Rank 5 Iron Banner Reputation Packages may not appear in a players loot stream until returning to Orbit.
• The "Tempered" reputation buff begins on Wednesday, giving increased Reputation gains upon wins or Medallion redemption. This lasts through the end of each Iron Banner event, giving larger gains each day.
• On Wednesday, 1/27/16, Iron Banner will be given a Matchmaking Update to assign more emphasis to connection quality. Additional information can be found within this News Article. If you have feedback, please post it to the #Feedback forum.

Frenden

Banned
Nice--that was a fun Rift run, e'rybody. Churmom with the 34 kills to end it was awesome. Managed to get a Phantom, two ten and a fifteen kill streak myself. Per Merhman, Rift is fun when you pretend it's Clash, haha.

Shiv47

Cool, earliest I could start is 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST during the week or almost any time during the weekend with enough planning. Anyone willing to help us if we can get a solid time/day planned?

I checked with my friend, and Saturday night works best for him, so maybe we can run with that? We want the most time possible, given at least a couple of our group will be newbies and need to get acclimated and whatnot.

SpecX

Rift is the worst

Don't say that, I've been working on convincing myself all weekend that Rift can't be as bad as I imagine it to be. Did Bungie change the weekly bounties at least? If not, I guess I won't be getting that top score check for one of them.

CLBridges

Played a few games solo just to see what Rift would play like, pretty much what I expected. Getting dropped into blowout matches, Enemy team has picked up both heavy crates lol, lag of course, spark runner lagging and running through 4 people shooting at them, laggy fireteams camping the spark locale (as they should) but the lag makes it worse. I'm still gonna play but really looking forward to The Division beta/full game at this point. Know I'm sounding like a whino right now, so on a positive note I'm looking forward to those matchmaking updates tomorrow to see how it goes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rift is fun with a group.

Best play. I tethered their whole team and Kadab goes in by himself and ignites. Oooooooooooooooooooooooo.

So far the maps have been horrendous. Cathedral of Dusk, Momento, Sector 618... Barf

What all maps have Rift varients?

Pantheon
Thieves Den
Black Shield
Sector 618
Vertigo
Memento
Bannerfall
Frontier
Cathedral of Dusk

Of those maps, I think the community generally has a distaste for the bolded, so odds are, you're gonna have a bad time. :(

TP-DK

Get your Nighthawk helmets out:

Is it really lagswitchers or just people with really poor walmart internet?

Lagswitchers, its easy to see when they are using lag to their advantage. Plus my fireteam is using a Netduma router, so we dont get matched with anyone with a high ping.

Frenden

Banned
Don't say that, I've been working on convincing myself all weekend that Rift can't be as bad as I imagine it to be. Did Bungie change the weekly bounties at least? If not, I guess I won't be getting that top score check for one of them.
No. I was so glad to get the top score out of the way early this time. I had a couple of lucky Spark dunks. You pretty much have to be a runner to get it. Boo.

Nice--that was a fun Rift run, e'rybody. Churmom with the 34 kills to end it was awesome. Managed to get a Phantom, two ten and a fifteen kill streak myself. Per Merhman, Rift is fun when you pretend it's Clash, haha.

GGs, though the actual game mode is fucking awful. Theres no way they'll be that many people playing by the weekend, even without the Division etc

Cathedral of Dusk needs to fuck off as well, talk about rubbing salt into the wound :d

Tri4

Nice, can't complain about a 310 Monte Carlo. I already have a fully levelled 280 but this one will be IB ready. Good run guys.

Frenden

Banned
GGs, though the actual game mode is fucking awful. Theres no way they'll be that many people playing by the weekend, even without the Division etc

Cathedral of Dusk needs to fuck off as well, talk about rubbing salt into the wound :d
Oh, totally. The group is what made it fun.

Namikaze1

Rift is fun with a group.

Best play. I tethered their whole team and Kadab goes in by himself and ignites. Oooooooooooooooooooooooo.
It is.

Our team's strat is tether the team and follow it up with stormtrance.

We have a defender putting up their bubbles around the charge and a Sunbreaker to clear the path.

SpecX

I checked with my friend, and Saturday night works best for him, so maybe we can run with that? We want the most time possible, given at least a couple of our group will be newbies and need to get acclimated and whatnot.

Ok, I know my wife is going out Saturday night and I'll have the kids to myself, but I should be able to juggle the 2.

No. I was so glad to get the top score out of the way early this time. I had a couple of lucky Spark dunks. You pretty much have to be a runner to get it. Boo.

Yeah, figured that's the only way, but now I see everyone fighting to be the running even if they aren't good at it to get that top score.

Top Bottom