• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Highwind

I never thought I'd be able to tolerate Aggressive Ballistics + Single Point Sling.

Now I am a believer. The consistency is insane.

Playing with my team and last 6 matches I had at least 20 kills and a 2 k/d. Rift isn't bad with a team

Bwahaha, oh man...we just had a lagfest on Sector.
I'll upload a clip later. :D

JnT_Boss 4 lyfe! o/

^^^ him and his hunter buddies

What the fuck happened in that last match? Our runner couldn't slam. We were all right there waiting for him to slam and the game just refused to play the animation out. He needed up being killed.

2 minutes later.

From a hunter who tethered him.

That's not what happened at all. There was no tether there. Our guy kept running back and forth their rift to slam nonstop for a long while while we defended him when a hunter shows up and kills him with a direct shadowshot. There was no tether there prior to that hunter showing up and when it did, the arrow OHK our runner.

Huh? o_O
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

(^.^)/

I'll upload the clip to YT when I get off this train. Should be intetesting to see. ;)

Well, here's the video:

https://youtu.be/eztgsbhRksM

Like, share, subscribe, comment. :)))))

For reals, this is nasty, IMHO. :/

It won't happen for a while as its not gaining any traction, as usual people don't see it for how game breaking it is at end game. Lumi did it to gigglemonster in Trials this morning, on giggles screen he's still shade stepping but Lumi's shooting at him

They are woefully slow at subclass balancing unfortunately. This really should be addressed quickly though because it is a straight up glitch. We just need to get lots of people to complain about it and send in videos and hopefully they'll at least take note of it.

It won't happen for a while as its not gaining any traction, as usual people don't see it for how game breaking it is at end game. Lumi did it to gigglemonster in Trials this morning, on giggles screen he's still shade stepping but Lumi's shooting at him

There was a Reddit post about it where everyone was downplaying it like it wasn't even a problem *facepalm*

They are woefully slow at subclass balancing unfortunately. This really should be addressed quickly though because it is a straight up glitch. We just need to get lots of people to complain about it and send in videos and hopefully they'll at least take note of it.

There are still perks in certain trees that I'm sure never see use.

Like, I wonder if Bungie looks at the percentage of subclass perks used and realize the ones that are less than 2% are failures and need to be tuned.

That stupid golden gun throwing knife one comes to mind.

I'm also of the opinion that sunspots need to be reworked.

Shiv47

What is this about? I must have missed something.

Wow 2 games of Rumble with terrible lag, I loss because could not even pick up special. Good job Bungie for ever thinking doing this slick crap was a good idea.

What is this about? I must have missed something.

You can glitch while shadesteping so that it appears you are still rolling but you are able to start firing without any delay.

Edit: 100% agree Kor, lots of perks seem completely useless and I'd like to see tweaks to all the classes.

Daemul

Meh, maybe it's because I've become accustomed to the widely prevalent use of animation cancels and other glitches in shooters over the past decade, but the Shadestep cancel doesn't bother me, I see it as an acceptable advantage for those who take the time to master it to have, since those people tend to be among the best players anyway.

If you ever find yourself taking part in a ranked playlist of any shooter and you're matched up against the higher echelon of players I would advise that you learn all these animation cancels and other "glitches", because everyone you'll be facing will be using them.

darthbob

Meh, maybe it's because I've become accustomed to the widely prevalent use of animation cancels and other glitches in shooters over the past decade, but the Shadestep cancel doesn't bother me, I see it as an acceptable advantage for those who take the time to master it to have, since those people tend to be among the best players anyway.

If you ever find yourself taking part in a ranked playlist of any shooter and you're matched up against the higher echelon of players I would advise that you learn all these animation cancels and other "glitches", because everyone you'll be facing will be using them.

Reminds me of the BXR days.

Loved it when people reported me for cheating lolololololol

Shiv47

Mindlog

I am also pro-canceling. However, Bungie isn't. The system they put in place specifically to hose reload canceling screws me up to this day. The fix for shadestep canceling is going to be incredibly annoying.

In this case limiting that kind of broken movement is just slightly more onerous than blink/quick draw. The real problem is that this borderline exploits the lag making it too hard to retaliate against.

Top Bottom