• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Alchemist

DestinyGAF, what's the fastest way to level up a subclass? I'm trying to get the last few trophies for the Platinum and it feels like it's taking forever now that I'm paying attention to the progression.

todd360

I haz muh code
8TvCgmo.jpg

Is IB rift laggy today?

Not home till Saturday evening so will be starting IB very late. Should comfortably get 2x Rank 5 by Sunday evening though. Not sure if I will do my third character, can't deal with Warlock.

From reading the reddit thread comments it seems like solo is hell for Rift. As I expected. Might have to jump on a GAF train and lag up the match(Aussie).

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Damn, I just had the best possible time in Trials this weekend being that it was on Asylum. I love the layout, love spawning on both sides, love that all weapons are viable throughout the map... just a hell of a lot of fun. It's the first time in awhile that I was playing just because it was fun, rather than trying to finish bounties or complete a card. It was the complete opposite of the bad experience I had on Blind Watch the week prior.

I really hope Asylum makes it into the rotation frequently going forward.

DestinyGAF, what's the fastest way to level up a subclass? I'm trying to get the last few trophies for the Platinum and it feels like it's taking forever now that I'm paying attention to the progression.

Buy the subclass boosters for £24.99/$40 :p

If you're not drowning in cash money, grinding out bounties/crucible/strikes is your only option, or getting hold of a few red bull codes to help you along your way

redbull codes, bounties, and story missions.
use the leveled subclass to do the activities, but switch to the unleveled subclass prior to handing in the bounty or mission. If the subclass is leveled to the point where it's not a handicap, then ignore prior piece of advice.
it used to be that nightfall would give an experience bonus, but alas, nightfall is dead.

edit:
yeah, what kor and mehr said - strikes, too.
the booster, well, if you have the loot....

Going to stop the night at 50 Rumble wins (6 wins today). I'm getting frustrated at lag. I will try to pick up 3 wins tomorrow. On Friday I should be able to hit 65-70 wins, and I will feel comfortable with knocking this out before the Double event (that better count towards my grimoire).

Mine downloaded quick. FIOS!

I have FIOS! I'm not kidding, when I closed out Destiny it went from 14 hours to 3 hours left now. .

Edit: Now it says only 80 minutes. Destiny was really slowing down my download?

WipedOut

After work Oryx HM CM - PS4 6PM Eastern

1. W193D0UT
2. Nicodemic
3. WeTeHa
4. Jafku
5. Pandora
6. XplicitOne

In party, Join when you can. PSN: W193D0UT

Totally forgot about Iron Banner. Not sure if my Warlock is ready for it, but I do want those Bonds. I'll run my Hunter until the weekend, and then focus on my Warlock. That should be enough.

Alchemist

Thanks for the responses guys.

It seems like I'm just going to have to carry on doing what I was doing before minus the PvP suggestions. Might even have to buy a Red Bull tomorrow for the XP boost now that I can't rely on the Nightfall to help me out.

Division beta code get! Will probably only get a couple hours playtime but looking forward to checking it out.

Any one used the IB scout? Wondering how it compares to Gheleon's Demise?

Not sure I even want to play this Iron Banner but I can hit rank 4 with the bounties I have saved - if the scout is worth it.

todd360

7am EST, 4am PST Friday

Xbox is Thursday, PS4 is Friday. dunno if the times are the same for the Xbox on Thursday, but it doesn't affect me so I didn't bother to remember.

I wish this stuff didn't start so early in the day. Nami will be max level before I get out of work.

Division beta code get! Will probably only get a couple hours playtime but looking forward to checking it out.

Any one used the IB scout? Wondering how it compares to Gheleon's Demise?

Not sure I even want to play this Iron Banner but I can hit rank 4 with the bounties I have saved - if the scout is worth it.

Colovance's Duty scout rifle hits hard and can have max range depending on the perk roll you get and is similar to Gheleon's Demise in those respects. I have one with Triple Tap, Explosive Rounds, and Reactive Reload, it is 313 currently, not sure if I like it enough to take it to 320. I read somewhere that Firefly is not an option on this scout.

The Cocytus S4 scout rifle is the closest thing to the Gheleon's that I have found. Same high impact, max range (Rifled Barrel), and Firefly. The only difference is Triple Tap instead of Outlaw. After today's Oryx CM 3x I infused it to 320.

Speaking of Oryx CM, my rewards this week...

3 - 320 Primaries
1 - 320 Helmet
1 - 319 Leg Armor
1 - 315 Primary
1 - 310 Gauntlets
2 - 310 Primaries
1 - 308 Primary
Exotic - 310 Suros Regime
2 Lower Level Raid helmets

...quite generous I'd say, however my Titan still has a 319 chest piece holding back from 320 and from having 3 - 320 characters.

Colovance's Duty scout rifle hits hard and can have max range depending on the perk roll you get and is similar to Gheleon's Demise in those respects. I have one with Triple Tap, Explosive Rounds, and Reactive Reload, it is 313 currently, not sure if I like it enough to take it to 320. I read somewhere that Firefly is not an option on this scout.

The Cocytus S4 scout rifle is the closest thing to the Gheleon's that I have found. Same high impact, max range (Rifled Barrel), and Firefly. The only difference is Triple Tap instead of Outlaw. After today's Oryx CM 3x I infused it to 320.
thanks for the mini-review. After the match I just played, I'm not sure I'll bother. Lag and rift-with-randoms is not fun.
I trust Nami implicitly.
Even with that mask on?

Top Bottom