• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Helldivers for free for PSN+ subscribers in February!
I love it when my stinginess pays off!

edit: top of page

Ls70iIj3gEy5y.gif

WipedOut

Ubisoft has never done anything like this before. Just like Bungie when they started Destiny. Hopefully Ubisoft has watched these past 2 years. Maybe they will make some good changes. But then again... It is Ubisoft. So I'm never going to be sold until they bring back Prince of Persia

Big difference between Bungie and Ubi. Bungie had a great track record with Halo, while Reach had it's fault's the MP was awesome.

Ubi... I can't remember the last game of theirs that I actually enjoyed. (Tactical or Shooter)

Big difference between Bungie and Ubi. Bungie had a great track record with Halo, while Reach had it's fault's the MP was awesome.

Ubi... I can't remember the last game of theirs that I actually enjoyed. (Tactical or Shooter)

Yeah. That's my big reservation. Ubi isn't amazing there. I did love Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but that was like 2-3 years ago.

Bungie nails what Bungie has always nailed, with the exeption of a good campaign, but they got that right in Taken King. Loot & economy are what Bungie keeps screwing up. And while they have a workable RPG progression system, it's really bare bones, and mostly forgettable. There's nothing wrong, per se, but it's so modest.

Bungie created a shared shooter. That's the reason I'm still playing. I don't care about new content. I just want the game as is to be an enjoyable and rewardable time to spend with the friends I made in the game.

Daemul

Rainbow Six:Siege is phenomenal, best tactical shooter I've played in years even with the server issues, which are much improved now thankfully.

Slermy

I think Rift as the Iron Banner mode is a pretty fun change of pace. I've been enjoying it.

I've got another question for Destiny GAF though, do the perks on Iron Banner gear from Lord Saladin change throughout the week, or does it stay the same during the entire Iron Banner Event?

Tri4

I think Rift as the Iron Banner mode is a pretty fun change of pace. I've been enjoying it.

I've got another question for Destiny GAF though, do the perks on Iron Banner gear from Lord Saladin change throughout the week, or does it stay the same during the entire Iron Banner Event?
I'm 99% sure they stay the same throughout the week so no rush.

Axoman

I played the division alpha and it didn't grab me. I'm going to give the beta a try though to see if I like it better.

I had a lot of fun with rift last night. I think we won 90% of our matches and I was with two other friends. We just focused on always getting the spark.

We ran up against a lot of other teams that didn't know what to do and mercy ruled them within a few minutes.

Stormcallers are great for clearing the path.

Changes aren't actually live, they are experimenting if we think there is a difference.

Kappa
I hope so. It'd be funny to see people so outraged and vehemently opposed to any level of skill matching jump ship simply on the expectation of a change creating a better experience.

Daemul

Changes aren't actually live, they are experimenting if we think there is a difference.

Kappa

I was just thinking this lol

But nah, people are able to find out the locations of people they're matched with, so it's an experiment that would be exposed very quickly.

I played the division alpha and it didn't grab me. I'm going to give the beta a try though to see if I like it better.

I had a lot of fun with rift last night. I think we won 90% of our matches and I was with two other friends. We just focused on always getting the spark.

We ran up against a lot of other teams that didn't know what to do and mercy ruled them within a few minutes.

Stormcallers are great for clearing the path.

yeah, going to start IB tonight sometime too. want to see if the algorithm are just smoke signals or if they're actually something substantive.

what was lacking in the alpha?

WipedOut

Rainbow Six:Siege is phenomenal, best tactical shooter I've played in years even with the server issues, which are much improved now thankfully.
I've been waiting on a updates and a price drop / or good digital price here before I give it a go. I loved Vegas, the first one, second one wasn't as fun.

noomi

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts about the MM update today...

+1 Have been really enjoying this game lately. When you have a full team, it's just insanely fun.

Frenden

Banned
I don't know if they flipped the switch, but I just had a relatively sweat free match of Rift where I got 27 kills and around a 4 KDR with teams full of people that weren't using weapons and loadouts as dictated by Crucible Playbook.

Coincidence?

I don't know if they flipped the switch, but I just had a relatively sweat free match of Rift where I got 27 kills and around a 4 KDR with teams full of people that weren't using weapons and loadouts as dictated by Crucible Playbook.

Coincidence?

Man, I bet they are like "who is this try hard mother fucker ruining my calm?"

Coincidence?

they flipped the switch.

Coincidence?

You're not the only one, our first match was sweat free as well.

Coincidence?

You're not the only one, our first match was sweat free as well.

First match was sweat free as well

Cmoonnn please be true and not luck.

Coincidence?

I don't believe it. I refuse. Lets play tonight and see what happens.

SgtCobra

So are the matches less sweaty now?

Edit: ugh didn't read the replies, good to know that it's gotten better. Thanks for the heads up guys.

KJRage

Yesterday I played about 15 or so matches and was lucky to win 2. I played just now with 2 other buddies and we won 4 in a row. Not sure if the new MM has anything to do with that or coincidence. Maybe they are less sweaty now.

Top Bottom