• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Frenden

Banned
they flipped the switch.

A sea of green

You're not the only one, our first match was sweat free as well.

First match was sweat free as well

nick-cage-o.gif

Man, I bet they are like "who is this try hard mother fucker ruining my calm?"

No shit. I felt like I couldn't let down my guard in case it was placebo. I was looking over my shoulder all match.

I don't believe it. I refuse. Lets play tonight and see what happens.

I have a conference call that just got bumped (again, ugh) to 2:30 CST that should last until 3. After that, ALL NIGHT BABAY.

Small sample size over here, but in about 5 lobbies since the supposed update, the average KD of my opponents has went from about 1.8ish to 1.8ish. Huge change.

Excited to hear more impressions about IB MM over the course of the week. Way too early to say anything one way or another right now, but I'm very curious to hear the verdict by this weekend. Hopefully Bungie will even give us some feedback from their end since they have all the relevant stats.

....now back to The Witness! (which is real good so far fwiw)

phen0m24

You know, I was going to play Witcher 3 some more...but dammit...I cannot resist IB with Frenden. Curse you!

IB with Frenden guaranteed laughs
Pours one out for Nilla as well

Excited to hear more impressions about IB MM over the course of the week. Way too early to say anything one way or another right now, but I'm very curious to hear the verdict by this weekend. Hopefully Bungie will even give us some feedback from their end since they have all the relevant stats.

I want that. Looks like Myst and I think I would enjoy it. Love puzzles. Wait, the doctor is OT! :p

Nice!! I can't wait to check out the Witness today and hear more stories about MM. Seems like overall, mostly good news so far.

Small sample size over here, but in about 5 lobbies since the supposed update, the average KD of my opponents has went from about 1.8ish to 1.8ish. Huge change.

I'm sure this can happen, but Rift is not a good source of KDR anyways since there's a key objective. Also, I'm totally fine with these instances of similar KDR as long as the connection is great!

I'm sure this can happen, but Rift is not a good source of KDR anyways since there's a key objective. Also, I'm totally fine with these instances of similar KDR as long as the connection is great!

Well, half the games have had a few red bars in the lobby. Half have been good with regard to lag. I guess that's an improvement.

Frenden

Banned
Just played against Gothalion. It was a team of blueberries versus his premade. I had the most kills on my team, but we still lost.

I got to take him out a few times which was strangely cathartic.

AND YES, APE, I HAVE LURED YOU TO THE DARK SIDE. IB TRAIN TONIIIIGHT.

LTWood12

Just played against Gothalion. It was a team of blueberries versus his premade. I had the most kills on my team, but we still lost.

Are you Florida Gaf?

Also, reminder for the ongoing conversation: Destiny has always had SBMM. It still has SBMM. The issue was the changes they made in December seemed to strongly prioritize the SB part of MM at the expense of connections (as is always the case: MM is a question of prioritization).

We will never have all green bars all the time. We will always get matched against a distribution of opponent skill level. The question is how are those experiences balanced across a huge sample size of matches.

Time to make your MLG montage then.

Also, reminder for the ongoing conversation: Destiny has always had SBMM. It still has SBMM. The issue was the changes they made in December seemed to strongly prioritize the SB part of MM at the expense of connections (as is always the case: MM is a question of prioritization).

We will never have all green bars all the time. We will always get matched against a distribution of opponent skill level. The question is how are those experiences balanced across a huge sample size of matches.

what I don't understand is why they can't do both?
why can't they filter for one, then filter for the next sequentially?
I am probably over-simplifying it, but it seems like they should be able to do so.

also
did you check your PM's?

LTWood12

Was the 'your win ratio should be about 50%' always something they were pushing? The last iron banner in particular seemed like it would punish the fuck out of me after a win when I played solo.

phen0m24

Thanks. I always forget to pick up the PS Plus games unless someone reminds me.

You almost missed Rocket League. :)

Slayer of Goth King Man!

Just played my first match on the new matchmaking parameters, noticed no improvement.

Same here had a few matches and its still a mess. I think I've just been that beaten down by the lag that i'll never be happy from this point onwards :d that and Iron Banner Rift eats at my soul as soon as I creep past level 3 i'm done

Tri4

Well that was much better than the SBMM. Most games had that one lagger but other than that it was great. Still salty about that one game where I got my ass handed to me, which was obviously lag.. Shut up, it was lag. >.>

stay gold

Wow the Hawkmoon is pretty good. I can reliably get 3 shot kills with it.

It's still a beast on smaller maps. Since I mostly use shotgun as special, it's no good to me anymore on more open ones.

As a y1 Xbox player I never got to experience it in it's full glory, but I still loved it from 2.0 to the latest nerf. Don't know why Bungie hates it so :(

Top Bottom